The scary Xenon loving Split Dragon

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Harrass
x3

The scary Xenon loving Split Dragon

Post by Harrass » Tue, 11. May 10, 00:13

In Thyns Abyss is a Xenon Jump gate, that tends to spit out a lot of Xenon. Being nice (and well paid) i tend to destroy them.

As you know, sometimes they give the ships for you to claim.
So far so good.

There is one Xenon L near the gate, and it might stay there for a while. Because the nearby Split military dragon goes crazy, each time i claim it.

I find this confusing, because my standing with the split is rather good, and i am certain they don´t like Xenons.

Any ideas ?

Cpt.Jericho
x3tc

Post by Cpt.Jericho » Tue, 11. May 10, 00:28

It's not just Split and Xenon - I've seen that phenomenom wit Pirates and all races. Never searched or found a workaround. Had an Agamemnon once just waiting for claiming a pirate freighter just to shoot at it. It might help to leave the sector for a while and hope that the lurking death moves somewhere else while OOS.
Winner of 350 Mil class of X-Verse Fleet Fest Italiano
Boycotting Steam since 2003

TerrorTrooper
x4

Post by TerrorTrooper » Tue, 11. May 10, 01:04

indeed this is fairly common.

at a guess i would put it down to an AI craft following its last order.
(in your case attack Xenon L) and when you claim it and the ship becomes active again, it persues aforementioned command to its bloody end regardless of who now owns said L :roll:

Had it happen several times myself.

Harrass
x3

Post by Harrass » Tue, 11. May 10, 01:18

Guess that means it will last for a while :)

Thanks for the replys

Cpt.Jericho
x3tc

Post by Cpt.Jericho » Tue, 11. May 10, 01:41

Try to get a patrole or something. It might get that dragon down - the L is neutral and won't be attacked.
Winner of 350 Mil class of X-Verse Fleet Fest Italiano
Boycotting Steam since 2003

Harrass
x3

Post by Harrass » Tue, 11. May 10, 03:45

I thought about that, but i sealed the xenon sector with a load of Lasertowers and got a pretty big complex in the Sector.

So anything that makes it far enough to kill the dragon might as well cause much more damage than the L can cover.

Master of the Blade
x3tc

Post by Master of the Blade » Tue, 11. May 10, 16:46

Why not use the tractor beam to tow the L away? IIRC, the TB will work on unshielded friendlies? Or do the missile trick: fire a torpedo from long range to kill the Dragon, then eject from that ship, jumping it out of the sector. That means no dragon and no rep loss. If you really want the L, of course, since it is a pretty insignificant capture...
Allergic to work.

If at first you don't succeed, delegate the job to a minion.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 11. May 10, 17:47

You cannot tractor a ship or station that does not belong to you. However, if you repair laser the blue pilotless Xenon L, it should wake up and evade by flying off a bit under autopilot, If you do this enough times you might get it far enough away from the Dragon to enter and escape with it (or it might end up closer though!). The repair while blue will also improve the hull but will fry any onboard loot and extensions (if any).

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”