[TC] Hatkvah's Faith build pirate rep? Hyperion where to cap it

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

cnecktor
x3

Hatkvah's Faith build pirate rep? Hyperion where to cap it

Post by cnecktor » Tue, 11. May 10, 02:18

I was killing pirates in Hatavah's faith and get a message ,that the pirates thank me. What is this really building pirate rep?

I'm also at war with the Paranid. I hang out there to kill them and steal there ships when ever possible. The Hyperion never come through there thats the one I want. This what I have to cap it with one m5 to scout it out found it twice but I was not ready. I notice it got some hull damage, two m6 with marines one mts with seven fighters. Will it be enough to cap it?

Catra

Post by Catra » Tue, 11. May 10, 02:26

1) if youre not killing pirates, yes it builds rep (currently bugged, if you kill a pirate, you get the rep increase message instead of the we hate you message)

2)if the hyperion doesnt have marines of its own or sentry lasers, then yes you probably could(with a minumum of 3* fighters).

Gruber1232002
x3

Post by Gruber1232002 » Tue, 11. May 10, 02:56

I'm not sure that anyone has clearly stated how the pirate rep works. Many say that you get and lose pirate rep at the same rate when you shoot mission based hostile pirates in pirate sectors. Others have said that you lose rep overall, and I found that I gained substantial rep by doing defend stations in pirate sectors. Ultimately you will get a really mixed bag of answers on that question.

As for the boarding question: Marines cost time and money, lots in fact. They can also be your single best investment if you treat them right. So I would say, never board an M6 with less than 6 marines. If there are defending marines or sentry lasers you will need to Ion-d them off, which will make things more complicated because shields will recharge faster (%-wise) if there are less of them. That in turn makes spacewalking much harder to accomplish, and lets be honest, the Hyperion isn't going to site there and take it. It's going to try and chew your face off. It's also fast and agile, which is probably why you want it :) My suggestion is that you get an M7M, 6 elite marines and a heavy M6/M7 before you try to cap it.

When I nabbed mine it just about crushed my Cerberus while the marines from my Minotaur were cutting their way in. Just be aware that it's going to be tricky.
AP 3.1 Vanilla + Bonus Pack. For now....

XENON
Boarding the Xenon TC 2.7

Exotic Boarding Maneuvers TC 2.7
2 TP's
2 M7M's

StarTroll
x4

Post by StarTroll » Tue, 11. May 10, 03:24

I always cap my M6 with 5 marines and never has there been a problem.
Hyperion very easy to cap in my Kraken, just 1/2 Hammer torps or maybe3, then lower the shield with flails, you have too much shields for it to be much of a danger.
SCUM : They may exceed you in number, but not in value.

EnderIII
x4

Post by EnderIII » Tue, 11. May 10, 06:23

A.I. Hyperion Vanguard is easy to capture.

I caught mine (and it WAS equipped with sentry lasers) with just 5 5* marines. Did it with a vidar actually.

Kapakio
x4

Post by Kapakio » Wed, 12. May 10, 10:01

Gruber1232002 wrote:I'm not sure that anyone has clearly stated how the pirate rep works. Many say that you get and lose pirate rep at the same rate when you shoot mission based hostile pirates in pirate sectors. Others have said that you lose rep overall, and I found that I gained substantial rep by doing defend stations in pirate sectors. Ultimately you will get a really mixed bag of answers on that question.
Yes, many people can say whatever they want to say, but the facts are the facts:

- You kill pirates, you lose rep with pirates
- You make missions for pirates, you gain rep with pirates.

Now, how much you lose or gain will depend on two factors, mainly: The difficulty of the mission and the type of ships you kill. The bigger the ship, the higher loss you get by killing it.

cnecktor
x3

Post by cnecktor » Wed, 12. May 10, 20:29

I found the Hyperion again, and I'm ready this time, but my guys keep failing, and that thing chew my Skiron a new one. While I'm trying to lower its shields. I getting so piss at this that I'm going to make Friar's retreat the worst place to be for Paranid.

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Wed, 12. May 10, 20:32

I caught mine (and it WAS equipped with sentry lasers) with just 5 5* marines. Did it with a vidar actually.
Sorry, very easy to capture, I caught mine with the best marines possible...

So, not very easy at all? :wink:
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

EnderIII
x4

Post by EnderIII » Wed, 12. May 10, 23:58

EmperorJon wrote:

Sorry, very easy to capture, I caught mine with the best marines possible...

So, not very easy at all? :wink:
Well all it costs is money to train.

They weren't 5 star fighting, but I purchased them at 3 or 4 stars and once fully trained it shows them as 5 stars overall.

StarTroll
x4

Post by StarTroll » Thu, 13. May 10, 00:19

In my boarding ops when I change a full batch of marines I often find myself capping M1 / M2 with no causalties with marines ranging from 3 to 40 in fight, so as long as the ship doesn't have elite marines and sentry lasers it's not really hard, speaking of commonwealth ships of course.

cnecktor
x3

Post by cnecktor » Thu, 13. May 10, 02:12

Maybe thats my problem I mostly have 2 3 4 star not 5 no one is 5 star in my marines.

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Thu, 13. May 10, 18:19

Well all it costs is money to train.
What about the time?
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

StarTroll
x4

Post by StarTroll » Thu, 13. May 10, 18:51

I takes a REAL REAL REAL LONG TIME to train good marines, so you better train the most you can to always have at least a batch ready.
If you have enough credits, do start the training from the beginning of your game on, or else you might have to wait a few dozen hours ingame to have good marines, and they would still have to get fight training to reach Xenon capping level.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Thu, 13. May 10, 19:48

If you have an M7M, it is easy, just use an M3 to strip down the shield, then launch 2 pods with 6 marines. (3* overall, 2 with 4* in Hacking, 2 with 4* in Mech, and 2 cannon fodders would do the trick).

if you don't have an M7M, things are a lot harder. you will have to use IonD to strip the internal defense/Hull Platting, then use a TP with Fighter Drones to board. Also send in 6 marines instead of 5 if you don't have them all with 5*.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”