Freight drones and my Mammoth (TC

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

The Youngster

Freight drones and my Mammoth (TC

Post by The Youngster » Wed, 12. May 10, 09:08

Recently, I've been galavanting around in my nice new M7M and loving it! The only thing is that its kinda hard to keep a constant supply of missiles since I don't really have any dedicated storage facilities. So I decided to buy a Mammoth and equip it with some freight drones to use as a kind of missile storage and distribution ship. The problem is, while I was off blowing up what I couldn't capture I told my Mammoth to use the freight drones to transfer the missiles from my complex to the Mammoth, as the complex had become full, but instead of doing this, when I returned from my escapades I found that my mammoth was just sitting there and my freight drone sitting near it with its cargo bay full of beautiful missiles, instead of the Mammoth's. Now I have 10 freight drones in this Mammoth and it only took 1 freight drone to get the load of missiles. When I tried to micromanage my freight drones to dock with the Mammoth the mammoth didn't appear in the list of ships. I noticed that the Mammoth only has room for 5 fighters in its hanger. Could this have had anything to do with it?

P.S. I just realized that I already have 5 actual fighters docked in the Mammoth, would this impede a freight drone from docking with it? Maybe it needs atleast one hanger space free to get into it?

Thanks for the help guys!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 12. May 10, 10:28

You got it. The drone has to dock at a free bay before it goes into cargo.

NUKLEAR-SLUG
x3tc

Post by NUKLEAR-SLUG » Wed, 12. May 10, 10:55

You can also use one of the fighters set to 'buy ware' to constantly transfer missiles from the complex to the Mammoth so if you're busy for a while it will transfer missiles over constantly with no danger of filling up and stalling.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 12. May 10, 12:00

The best M3 for this set up is the Falcon hauler,as it can handle XL cargo.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”