[TC] Any Tips / Tactics for using an M8 wing?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

MooMan7777
x3

Any Tips / Tactics for using an M8 wing?

Post by MooMan7777 » Thu, 13. May 10, 02:07

I waited until I RE’ed my Aran before buying and equipping 10 Vipers…the only problem is that I can’t figure out how to use them…

I’ve been trying them out in Xenon Sector 596 b/c of the re-spawning of Q’s

Most of the time, only one fires their missiles quickly at the Q while the other’s just fly along side

When I jump into a HV I get in the way of a missile barrage, and boom I’m dead (2 kill a HV)

I have their missile turret set to capitol ships only, but they still shoot at everyone…and the missile fire probability must be set above 0%

should I give up?

the AI doesn't seem to like M8's

what should I do?

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Thu, 13. May 10, 02:36

the AI doesn't seem to like M8's
Yep. Then generic combat AI, that controls all ships in the game, doesn't have the first idea what to do with a M8 or M7M. If it happens to something right with these ships it is purely accidental.

Best bet to to bring in the Vipers one at a time and direct exactly where their barrages go from the command menu. When that Viper is empty, and all it's missiles have found their intended targets, withdraw it and bring in the next one.

A small number of M8s can quickly lay waste to entire fleets of capital ships, but require some micromanagement from the player.
[X3] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots
[X3T] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots in Terran Conflict

The mercenary code
There is no right or wrong.
There is no good or evil.
There is only the will of the client, and how much they're paying.

lordmuck
x4

Re: Any Tips / Tactics for using an M8 wing?

Post by lordmuck » Thu, 13. May 10, 03:01

MooMan7777 wrote:

what should I do?
There is a HotKey script that you can assign a barrage too for your wings OR any other M8/M7M that could be following you, the only thing is you need to be in the same sector (IS) in sector. Anyway it is in the Sticky of the S&M section, your game will have the **modded** tag if used. I have used this and another mod which for the life of me I cannot find the thread it came from.

the one that I know and have used is here quite simple and useful
[script] HKP Enhanced Missile Barrage v4 (22 Aug 2009)

But the other which is my fav but used only on the current players M7M is: M7M Extension? M7M_Abschussvorrichtung_X3TC_V3100.zip <--- the file name I TOTALLY have forgotten the name and didnt book mark the thread so I am hoping some1 might be able to shed some light on that.

MooMan7777
x3

Post by MooMan7777 » Thu, 13. May 10, 03:45

Thanks for the tips…all in all, this is rather disappointing

I guess I’ll just send the wing to the shipyard and sell them off

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”