[TC] The Hub - anoying boron

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Majinmaster666
x3tc

The Hub - anoying boron

Post by Majinmaster666 » Thu, 13. May 10, 17:08

Can anyone tell me how i am supposed to pick up a boron who is in a space suit and at a station. I dont want to blow up the station to get him, and i also want his ship which i hear is invincible. Can i use a previous patch and still use my 2.6 save. Thanks for any help.
"The only thing guaranteed in life is death"

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Thu, 13. May 10, 17:12

That's a bug, I'm afraid. Your only vanilla option is to destroy the station.

Also, his ship's not invicible anymore if you capture it, iirc.

Generally, you can't use saves on an older version (but this issue isn't new in 2.6 anyway, if that's what you were thinking).
Last edited by Carlo the Curious on Thu, 13. May 10, 17:13, edited 1 time in total.

Majinmaster666
x3tc

Post by Majinmaster666 » Thu, 13. May 10, 17:13

Thanks, not even if i use a previous patch.

PeyoteCoyote
x4

Post by PeyoteCoyote » Thu, 13. May 10, 17:14

I'm pretty sure you can't use a 2.6 save with previous versions since I lost all my saves when I reverted back to 2.5 for performance issues. If you have a save prior to beginning the plot, I've always got mahi by scouting out the Xenon sectors prior to meeting the requirements to start the plot, then immediately talking to mahi the moment they appear, jumping to the Core/Hub, then immediately jumping back before Mahi docks. They then eject from the dolphin, leaving it to be claimed. Didn't realize is was invincible though... just thought it was enhanced version. I'm not sure how far back of a version you'd have to go to avoid the astronaut docking problem, but I know it still exists in 2.5 too.

Majinmaster666
x3tc

Post by Majinmaster666 » Thu, 13. May 10, 17:16

Cheers for the help.

sleepy_head
x3tc

Post by sleepy_head » Thu, 13. May 10, 17:18

PeyoteCoyote wrote:I'm pretty sure you can't use a 2.6 save with previous versions since I lost all my saves when I reverted back to 2.5 for performance issues.
Wait...I thought 2.6 improved performance? Remember reading something along that line in the patch note/

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Thu, 13. May 10, 17:22

sleepy_head wrote:Wait...I thought 2.6 improved performance? Remember reading something along that line in the patch note/
Some people have been experiencing issues with a left-over mission, I think - see various posts in the Tech Support forum.

sleepy_head
x3tc

Post by sleepy_head » Thu, 13. May 10, 17:53

To the OP : one way to avoid serious rep loss with the Boron is to get in a M6, shoot a Boron (npc controlled) M2 or M7 a couple times to get it mad at you. Then dash back to the station where Mahi Ma is hiding. Place a part of the station (its edge) between you and the mad M2/M7. When it tries to kill you it'll end up hitting the staiton and eventually killing it. Then just apologize to the M2/M7 and he'll turn un-hostile and you'll get rid of the Boron station without incurring massive rep loss.

Harrass
x3

Post by Harrass » Thu, 13. May 10, 18:17

I just solved it with the tip of someone else, just let a few of your ships dock at the station, till his ship is dropped out. Then call him and pick up the astronaut in space.

Majinmaster666
x3tc

Post by Majinmaster666 » Thu, 13. May 10, 18:21

Thanks will give it a go.

Worked like a charm thank you so much. Can i suggest that this technique be put in a sticky or something thanks all.

What i did was docked 5 m5's in the station and the boron left the station.

El Squid
x3tc

Post by El Squid » Fri, 14. May 10, 18:53

Cheers fellas.......hair saved!
You Have a choice.......Live free or buy into a repressive government. Pay your tax...then more tax....and still more...Baaaa, Baaaaaaaa, Baaaaaaaaa, Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

travisdh1
x3tc

Post by travisdh1 » Fri, 14. May 10, 19:27

Free Trade Alliance wrote:Cheers fellas.......hair saved!
For the moment, just wait until he/she/it requests a "few" things :lol:

t4ct1c47
x3tc

Post by t4ct1c47 » Sun, 16. May 10, 06:34

Don't talk to me about the squid features at the hub. I'm slowly making progress delivering crystals to him at the moment after delivering a rediculous amount of minerals to him already. After this my next "reward" will be to deliver a ludicrous amount of microchips to him.

On the bright side, I had no trouble with the Nvidium delivery as I collected all the Nvidium I could when I found one of the first Treasure Hunt clues. I kept the rare mineral in a spare freighter for ages just for when I needed it most. :)

Telstar
x3tc

Post by Telstar » Tue, 18. May 10, 23:23

Tried docking m5's at station. The enhanced dolphin came out but the astronaut refuses to budge no matter how many ships I put in there.

So far I have 15 m5's trying to dock there and I think only about 12 of them can but that stupid boron won't come out.

Any ideas apart from destroying the station
There are only 10 types of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't

Catra

Post by Catra » Tue, 18. May 10, 23:26

Telstar wrote:Tried docking m5's at station. The enhanced dolphin came out but the astronaut refuses to budge no matter how many ships I put in there.

So far I have 15 m5's trying to dock there and I think only about 12 of them can but that stupid boron won't come out.

have someone else destroy the station(attack a patrolling m2 / m7 in the sector, place yourself between the ship and the station and dodge the bullets) =]

Harrass
x3

Post by Harrass » Wed, 19. May 10, 02:54

Telstar wrote:Tried docking m5's at station. The enhanced dolphin came out but the astronaut refuses to budge no matter how many ships I put in there.

It is really REALLY important to FIRST let the ship undock and talk to that guy AFTER.

The astronaut is not docked, thats your problem. He wont budge anymore.

Telstar
x3tc

Post by Telstar » Wed, 19. May 10, 18:09

Do you mean to try to force his ship out before he even asks you what you found inside the hub by docking lots of ships?
There are only 10 types of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't

Harrass
x3

Post by Harrass » Wed, 19. May 10, 18:15

Aye

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”