[TC] hyperion hybrid

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Jeremy Harbottle
x3tc

hyperion hybrid

Post by Jeremy Harbottle » Fri, 21. May 10, 19:27

what is this hyperion hybrid ship? and is it available anywhere in X3TC??

Catra

Post by Catra » Fri, 21. May 10, 19:31

not sure what it is a hybrid of.

yes, look in the southern paranid sectors.

EnderIII
x4

Post by EnderIII » Fri, 21. May 10, 19:38

Do you mean the Hyperion Vanguard?

It is sort of a hybrid, it is a quite large M6 that can dock fighters.

It is available in paranid sectors, lay down an advanced satalite network and it will run through it eventually.

dbrowdy
x3tc

Post by dbrowdy » Fri, 21. May 10, 19:50

EnderIII wrote:Do you mean the Hyperion Vanguard?

It is sort of a hybrid, it is a quite large M6 that can dock fighters.

It is available in paranid sectors, lay down an advanced satalite network and it will run through it eventually.
OOOOOoooohhh!! So that's why everyone loves those! That makes perfect sense now. Also I just looked and they are fast as heck and have killer 1GJ shields!

Hmm, I'm gonna have to cap me one of these...as soon as I figure out how to cap. I think I've given up on TP/M6 capping and I'm just gonna buy a Kraken or something. Should be relatively simple with an M7M (yeah right!) :D

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 21. May 10, 20:14

dbrowdy wrote: Also I just looked and they are fast as heck and have killer 1GJ shields!
You may be looking at the stats for the X3R Hyperion there...the one in X3TC uses 200MJ shields, like all other M6s. (Although it does have a total shielding of 1GJ, which is why I'm not sure if you're looking at the right stats or not).

dbrowdy
x3tc

Post by dbrowdy » Fri, 21. May 10, 20:28

pjknibbs wrote:
dbrowdy wrote: Also I just looked and they are fast as heck and have killer 1GJ shields!
You may be looking at the stats for the X3R Hyperion there...the one in X3TC uses 200MJ shields, like all other M6s. (Although it does have a total shielding of 1GJ, which is why I'm not sure if you're looking at the right stats or not).
Oh I was just talking about the total. 5x200MJ = 1GJ. Just noticed also that it's the same as my Skiron, so not as unique as I thought, but still best in class.

Catra

Post by Catra » Fri, 21. May 10, 20:35

dbrowdy wrote:
pjknibbs wrote:
Oh I was just talking about the total. 5x200MJ = 1GJ. Just noticed also that it's the same as my Skiron, so not as unique as I thought, but still best in class.
the vali has higher shielding (6 x 200)

dbrowdy
x3tc

Post by dbrowdy » Fri, 21. May 10, 23:52

Catra wrote:
dbrowdy wrote:
pjknibbs wrote:
the vali has higher shielding (6 x 200)
>.< Fine! The shields aren't important. :P They're still fast and can dock fighters and have the best laser regen. My point is I know why poeple like them so much now. I'd get it just for the docking bays TBH.

Jeremy Harbottle
x3tc

Post by Jeremy Harbottle » Sat, 22. May 10, 00:03

so are you saying that they are just flying around and that you can't buy them from a shipyard? I've looked in every paranid shipyard I know, and the only thing that comes close is a heavy nemesis!

Take it thats a different thing totally?

dbrowdy
x3tc

Post by dbrowdy » Sat, 22. May 10, 00:08

Jeremy Harbottle wrote:so are you saying that they are just flying around and that you can't buy them from a shipyard? I've looked in every paranid shipyard I know, and the only thing that comes close is a heavy nemesis!

Take it thats a different thing totally?
Yeah the only way to get one is to capture it via boarding with marines. Yarrr!!! Plenty of threads all about how to do it...search for "boarding". In my experience, it's harder than they all make it sound. :-D

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Sat, 22. May 10, 00:10

Yes, Hyperion Vanguard's are unbuyable, they can only be aquired via boarding (or returned if playing the Poisoned Paranid gamestart).

The Heavy Nemesis a different class of Corvette which is buyable.

Hyperion Vanguard
[ external image ]

Heavy Nemesis
[ external image ]

Jeremy Harbottle
x3tc

Post by Jeremy Harbottle » Sat, 22. May 10, 00:38

thanks people I have found one wandering around in
Spoiler
Show
consecrated fire
and although its nice and fast, why would you bother if you can just buy a Deimos??

Cheers

Jeremy

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Sat, 22. May 10, 00:42

Unlike a Hyp, a Deimos can only dock at certain stations. Plus a Hyperion is faster and more manuverable than an M7 (though originally the Hyperion Prototype from X3:R was an M7).

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 22. May 10, 10:16

Jeremy Harbottle wrote: and although its nice and fast, why would you bother if you can just buy a Deimos??
Completely different classes of ship. A Deimos is an M7, so it's much bigger than the M6 Hyperion Vanguard and can't dock at all stations. The Vanguard is also quite a bit faster than a Deimos.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sat, 22. May 10, 13:25

Deadbeat_Spinn wrote:Unlike a Hyp, a Deimos can only dock at certain stations. Plus a Hyperion is faster and more manuverable than an M7 (though originally the Hyperion Prototype from X3:R was an M7).
Also the Hyperion Vanguard can fire Wraith missiles which the Deimos can not.
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”