[TC] Bomber worth keeping

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Da-V-Man
x4

Bomber worth keeping

Post by Da-V-Man » Fri, 21. May 10, 23:29

I have the M8 I got from the Terran Plot docked in Omicron Lyraye. Should I keep it or sell it? Why or why not? I'm not broke or scrambling for money, but 3.5m would help.

Catra

Post by Catra » Fri, 21. May 10, 23:36

well, if your willing to feed the phantom missile fab so you have a steady stream of em, id say keep it, as itsthe forth strongest missile you can use, makes any combat vs anything bigger than a m6 a breeze.

Captain CAVEMAN!!!
x3tc

Post by Captain CAVEMAN!!! » Fri, 21. May 10, 23:36

Honestly a M8 is a good asset to keep around especially a Terran Bomber due to the powerful missiles)

But in the end it is your decision

Magnu
xr

Post by Magnu » Fri, 21. May 10, 23:53

You'll soon make that 3.5 million elsewhere and the Claymore is a very useful station killer.

dbrowdy
x3tc

Post by dbrowdy » Fri, 21. May 10, 23:54

If you're not going to use it anytime soon, you're better off reinvesting the money so that when you are ready to field an M8, you'll have made more than enough to buy another. Guess it's your call on how long you think it'll be before you'd want one and how fast you think you can make 5m+ from that 3.5m investment.

Whether or not you're gonna use it anytime soon seems to be the real question.

Da-V-Man
x4

Post by Da-V-Man » Sat, 22. May 10, 00:01

Yeah... I don't see myself using it anytime soon. I think I'll sell it, and I'll buy another one another time.

X-Warrior B AS
Moderator (Nederlands)
Moderator (Nederlands)
x3tc

Post by X-Warrior B AS » Sat, 22. May 10, 00:05

You should equip it with missiles and have a go at something. Just for the fun of it. Decide whether you want to sell it after you've wasted your first couple of Q's.

Shootist
x4

Post by Shootist » Sun, 23. May 10, 16:02

Catra wrote:well, if your willing to feed the phantom missile fab so you have a steady stream of em, id say keep it, as itsthe forth strongest missile you can use, makes any combat vs anything bigger than a m6 a breeze.
what phantom missile fabs? what Terran fabs of almost any kind? I finished my first Poisoned Paranid start in a day and a half game time. I immediately started the Terran plot. When I do this, I explore and place satellites in all Terran sectors. From Venus to Oort cloud, there are no missile fabs or weapons fabs of any kind. Saturn 3 has no stations at all.

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Sun, 23. May 10, 16:25

Claimor is also very easy to get provided you have Terran reputation. I had mine docked on Torus for most of the game before I found some use for it but I could have easily purchased 10 of them by that time.

AjRyder
x3ap

Post by AjRyder » Sun, 23. May 10, 18:50

Shootist wrote:
Catra wrote:well, if your willing to feed the phantom missile fab so you have a steady stream of em, id say keep it, as itsthe forth strongest missile you can use, makes any combat vs anything bigger than a m6 a breeze.
what phantom missile fabs? what Terran fabs of almost any kind? I finished my first Poisoned Paranid start in a day and a half game time. I immediately started the Terran plot. When I do this, I explore and place satellites in all Terran sectors. From Venus to Oort cloud, there are no missile fabs or weapons fabs of any kind. Saturn 3 has no stations at all.
Yes there is :lol:
Star Trek Phase II watch new episodes now at

http://www.startreknewvoyages.com

My computer is fast very very fast ;)

Follow me on Twitter @Formula1Dragon

Shootist
x4

Post by Shootist » Sun, 23. May 10, 19:40

AjRyder wrote:
no. there is not.

AjRyder
x3ap

Post by AjRyder » Sun, 23. May 10, 20:39

Shootist wrote:
AjRyder wrote:
no. there is not.
Sorry mate but I did find mine and it is indeed in Terran space. All I can say is you need to check out the sectors on the left hand side of Terran space. Also the Sats you place do not automatically pick up every station in the sector, as I had done the same as you, however when I travelled the sectors myself, I found more stations that the sats did not pick up.

YOU NEED TO LOOK AGAIN!!! If you still cant find it I will tell you where it is. :lol:

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Sun, 23. May 10, 20:52

Just because it's there in your game doesn't mean it's there in someone else's.

Even if a factory is one of the standard initial fabs spawned at the start of the game, God may have removed it. And he removes a lot of the Terran ones. Or, extra fabs may have been placed in your game which are not in any others.

But, your advice still stands - dropping an adv sat, especially in Terran space, does not automatically reveal all the stations in a sector...

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

Shootist
x4

Post by Shootist » Mon, 24. May 10, 02:24

AjRyder wrote:
Shootist wrote:
AjRyder wrote:
no. there is not.
Sorry mate but I did find mine and it is indeed in Terran space. All I can say is you need to check out the sectors on the left hand side of Terran space. Also the Sats you place do not automatically pick up every station in the sector, as I had done the same as you, however when I travelled the sectors myself, I found more stations that the sats did not pick up.

YOU NEED TO LOOK AGAIN!!! If you still cant find it I will tell you where it is. :lol:
dood. I am not talking about your game. fabs die. fabs get destroyed. And GoD takes them. In my last game there were no stations in Saturn 3 after ~1.5 to 2 game days .

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Phantom missiles

Post by Bill Huntington » Mon, 24. May 10, 04:32

I have not been able to find a single Phantom in a number of games. Lucky for me I was able to cap a Skirnir and find a couple of Shadows. I could have built a factory, I suppose.

If you find one, just one, Phantom, you can clone as many as you want. If you have any Phantoms, it would be worthwhile to keep the Claymore. Otherwise, sell it.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

Da-V-Man
x4

Post by Da-V-Man » Mon, 24. May 10, 04:46

I already sold the bomber. Also, if you want to find something (eg a ware or a factory, or in this case, a missle), check the in-game encyclopedia (in the player menu, go to advanced>encyclodpedia). They tell you everything about the item in question, known locations where the item is sold, bought and traded, and the prices. Very useful.

garv222

Post by garv222 » Mon, 24. May 10, 04:52

If....IF you can get the missiles for it, I suggest keeping it if you don't have the capability of destroying a capital ship. If you can't....sell it for a cheaper m8 and stock it with some tomahawks.

My reason is..you never know when you might need the heavy fire power. You do not want to roll back to a 4 day old save because the paranid started a party in Home of Light while you were carrying out a defend station mission somewhere or some other crazy situation. I've read too many stories about HQs getting wiped out and how the only thing people could do is restart so they'd have access to the HQ missions.

AjRyder
x3ap

Post by AjRyder » Tue, 25. May 10, 00:15

Here

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t110 ... n00039.jpg

{Massively oversize image replaced by link. Please read forum rules regarding image posting limits before posting any more images. - Nanook}

As you can see its in an unknown sector and its way way out!!!!!

So if you covered all of terran space did you cover the unknown sectors aswell????? :lol:

Anyway dont mention it cery happy to be of help!!! 8)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”