yaki shipyard

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

NicoPalazzari
x3tc

yaki shipyard

Post by NicoPalazzari » Sat, 22. May 10, 23:34

I don't see any race ranking for the yaki, does that mean that all I would have to do to buy ships from them even though their my enemy would be to have a hacker hack their shipyard?

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sat, 22. May 10, 23:37

You need to be able to dock at their Shipyard (at the very least) before you can buy their ships... I think...

According to the TShips file, most of the Yaki ships (but not all) have rep requirements similar to the same class ships of other races.
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

garv222

Post by garv222 » Sat, 22. May 10, 23:40

I'm not sure that will work. It's possible that even if you hack the shipyard, it might go right back to hostile with you if all yaki are hostile to you.

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Sun, 23. May 10, 00:15

Just because you don't see a rank, doesn't mean there isn't one. ;)
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

ChairborneRanger
x4

Post by ChairborneRanger » Sun, 23. May 10, 03:22

Dunno if this will help, but I was messing around with Cycrow's cheat scripts earlier with a Terran Tyr. I went on a rampage through Argon Prime, Kingdom End, and PTNI Headquarters. After that (not including a stop off in Xenon Core 023) I jumped to Senator's Badlands and the station was happy to have me aboard. I also had access to purchase any of their ships. Of note, I was rock bottom Argon rep, and 2 up from bottom with the Boron and Teladi. Hope that helps.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 23. May 10, 07:26

Rapier wrote:Just because you don't see a rank, doesn't mean there isn't one. ;)
QFT. You *do* have a rank with the Yaki (and with normal Pirates, for that matter) but it is not normally displayed in the user interface. You can see its numerical value by enabling the Script Editor, but that marks your game as *modified*.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”