Are cyclone missiles broken?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

garv222

Are cyclone missiles broken?

Post by garv222 » Tue, 25. May 10, 07:55

As topic says.....I read the description and it sounds like just the weapon my hyperion needed...only it acts like a single missile.

imperium3
x3tc

Post by imperium3 » Tue, 25. May 10, 11:42

Yeah, they're broken. As it stands they're the crappiest missile in existence because they're so slow and weak.

You might want to investigate my sig if you'd like this fixed though :lol: :wink:

garv222

Post by garv222 » Tue, 25. May 10, 19:54

Thanks for the reply. I'll consider the mod after I've tried out every signle missile to get a feel for them first.

Berserkenstein
x3tc

Post by Berserkenstein » Wed, 16. Jun 10, 03:09

If you can get them, get wraith missiles, they blow everything away. If you are looking for missiles to take out m5-m4 use hurricanes they are fast as heck and have a small aoe. M3s you can gun down with PBEs or ISRs. For turrets I recommend EBCs. For capitals I recommend Firestorm torpedoes :twisted:
I'll see you on the other side!

Wolvan
x4

Post by Wolvan » Wed, 16. Jun 10, 04:00

For capitals I recommend Firestorm torpedoes
Nah they work fine for everything.

M4s, M5s, TSs.... whatever, just get a goodly distance in front of them, launch a few, grab a sandwich and come back to scoop up the leavings.

There is no problem that cannot be solved with the proper application of Firestorm Torpedoes
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little influence on society" - Mark Twain

NUKLEAR-SLUG
x3tc

Post by NUKLEAR-SLUG » Wed, 16. Jun 10, 08:34

When a Firestorm sparks off there are no leavings.. :)

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Wed, 16. Jun 10, 08:52

If you can find them, and are not against useing terran/aldrin ships, Specter missiles are a pretty nice general use missile. They hit for 260k damage and are good out to 24km. Not sure if they auto-target like the othr terran missiles. Still they're nice for punching a Q in the nose a few times before diveing in with guns to kill it, or nukeing a really big Kha'ak cluster.

Wish I could buy a factory to produce them...

Edit: Cyclone missile stats seems like some sort of typo in the game data files. Maybe several typos as the stats make no sence whatsoever.
[X3] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots
[X3T] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots in Terran Conflict

The mercenary code
There is no right or wrong.
There is no good or evil.
There is only the will of the client, and how much they're paying.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”