Tractor beams where to buy?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

tass_bur
x4

Tractor beams where to buy?

Post by tass_bur » Tue, 25. May 10, 15:44

I was wondering where to buy tractor beams?

I have looked on forums but the info on where others bought them seems incorrect. My Enclopedia (spelling) does not mention this under lasers?

Thank you all in advance

Tass

Cpt.Jericho
x3tc

Post by Cpt.Jericho » Tue, 25. May 10, 15:47

TB Fabs sometimes get destroyed, so that would be the reason why you didn't find any in your game. If there aren't any fabs left in your game you have more or less 2 choices:
1. build one
2. find someone who wants one built
(3. restart your game :P)
Winner of 350 Mil class of X-Verse Fleet Fest Italiano
Boycotting Steam since 2003

tass_bur
x4

Post by tass_bur » Tue, 25. May 10, 15:54

So...who sells the factory? whats it called? :)

tass_bur
x4

Post by tass_bur » Tue, 25. May 10, 16:15

Oooh found it in the model viewer :) paranid :)

Thanks a lot

Threesixtyci
x4

Post by Threesixtyci » Tue, 25. May 10, 21:19

Paranid's Third Redemption, I think... or a sector near there. Only other place you can find them is if you build your own factory.... which can only be bought from the Paranid, and needs their food type, as a resource.

In all cases, you need to be in allied terms with them....

Da-V-Man
x4

Post by Da-V-Man » Tue, 25. May 10, 22:07

Yeah, I have in my game two TB factories (not owned by me though) in Third Redemption as well. That sector also contains a super shipyard so you could probably buy one there as well.

Cpt.Jericho
x3tc

Post by Cpt.Jericho » Tue, 25. May 10, 22:09

Those 2 are there from the beginning. But when GOD decides they are not profitable they're doomed. So, after some ingame days both can disappear as could most other stations throuhout the X-verse.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 25. May 10, 22:38

Those factories are more likely to disappear due to enemy action. I've seen pirate capital ship patrols in there quite often, attacking various stations, including those two. And the Paranid, despite having a super shipyard there, have little in the way of defensive ships stationed in the sector.

So don't blame everything on GoD. :P
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Cpt.Jericho
x3tc

Post by Cpt.Jericho » Tue, 25. May 10, 23:41

I alway thought Pirates and other vermin were the mighty arms of GoD :gruebel: Well, those Fabs tend to disappear, so much is for sure ;)

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 26. May 10, 00:01

Cpt.Jericho wrote:I alway thought Pirates and other vermin were the mighty arms of GoD :gruebel:..
Nope. 'GoD' is the Global Decision engine that regulates TC's economy. If it desires the removal of a station, that station simply ceases to exist. I haven't seen it actually happen in a sector, so I suspect it only occurs OOS. Enemy action is an unreliable way to remove stations, since such enemies can be thwarted by defense forces.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

Threesixtyci
x4

Post by Threesixtyci » Wed, 26. May 10, 06:27

I've been in sector when it happened... but I was docked at the time and didn't actually see the Solar plant disappear. It happened during the Goner start. It was that small solar plant in that Goner sector. I was using it to earn some starting cash and it just disappeared on me when i was docked at another station, about an hour into the game.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 26. May 10, 20:58

That was rather, umm, random of GoD. I depend on that sector to train all my ST's for use in the Terran sectors in my plot game. I would've been very upset if that happened to me.

Threesixtyci
x4

Post by Threesixtyci » Wed, 26. May 10, 21:03

I jump from save file to save file (currently playing poison paranid start and my profile is showing those stats for TC), but that Goner start is about 2 days in and that Goner sector still has no solar plant.

(I haven't touched that save since the update, so it's still 2.5; but that probably doesn't matter.)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”