Keyboard Control Issues

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

rileym65
x3tc

Keyboard Control Issues

Post by rileym65 » Wed, 26. May 10, 18:15

I just started playing this again and have run into a strange problem. First, I have upgraded to the 2.6 version. I am having a lot of problems with the keyboard that I do not remember ever having before, I am wondering if anybody here has any insights on this:

1. The . or , keys for bringing up the sector/galaxy maps, I have to hit these anywhere from 10 to 20 times before I can get the map to display. Keypresses will make sounds, but most of the time will not bring up the map.

2. The j key for activating the SETA drive does not work at all.

3. When using F2 to get an external view, F1 will not bring me back to the cockpit view.

4. 1, 2, 3, 4 will not select my weapon configurations.

5. CTRL will not fire my lasers.

Other keys work fine, my arrows all work correctly, the WASD keys work correctly for strafing, u will bring up the info screen on my target with no problems.

The biggest problem is of course the inability to select and fire my weapons, restricting me to sectors that I am reasonably sure I will not be attacked.

I have 3.0 ghz core 2 duo system, 8gb ram, XP sp2, nVidia 9800GT video board. This is the same setup that I used to play this about a year ago (version 1.something)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 26. May 10, 18:18

rileym65
x3tc

Post by rileym65 » Wed, 26. May 10, 18:42

Thank you very much! I will give it a try.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 26. May 10, 23:18

Are you using a joystick or other such controller? If not, I doubt that FAQ entry will help you. When you upgraded to 2.6, what patch did you use? It's possible the patch is either the wrong one, or it's been corrupted somehow. Or are you playing the Steam version? A little more info along with a dxdiag report would be helpful.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

rileym65
x3tc

Post by rileym65 » Thu, 27. May 10, 17:50

Thanks for the advice! I have a controller for an R/C simulator, when I disconnected that controller then all my problems in X3 went away. Now if I can avoid crashing into things I will be in good shape. Thanks for the help!

Mike

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”