Which M2 for all round

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

tass_bur
x4

Which M2 for all round

Post by tass_bur » Thu, 27. May 10, 06:55

Hello,

First of all I know this has been disguessed a million time, but i cant seem to find any info on the forums not even using the search function :S

When I last played around the tim TC came out most people swore that the Boreas was the best m2 to get. I am wondering if this is still true with all the updates etc?

Im looking to buy an M2 i can use for combat missions /running into other m2's now and im not good enough using my vidar to kill those, for cleaning out sectors like xenon sectors etc.

Does anyone have any advice on cap ships or even better some of you search guru's can you point me in the right direction?

Thank you all in advance

/Tass

Wolvan
x4

Post by Wolvan » Thu, 27. May 10, 07:00

I prefer pretty much any M2 over the Boreas, but that's cause I'm just very slightly insane.

So the answer would be yes. Get a Boreas.

Ships
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little influence on society" - Mark Twain

Catra

Post by Catra » Thu, 27. May 10, 07:13

the only non all around m2 would be the python.

so get anything that isnt that.

:)

tass_bur
x4

Post by tass_bur » Thu, 27. May 10, 07:20

I was thinking about the Osaka,

Is this Any good? and if so which weapon layout to get? It seems there is one of the weapons i have not found yet in my game :s

EnderIII
x4

Post by EnderIII » Thu, 27. May 10, 07:20

The Boreas IS pretty awesome. It has sped, defense, firepower and looks. It is hard to beat.

I personally fly an Osaka and Akuma. Osaka because I like the look of Terran ships and the Akuma because it is just awesome looking.

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Thu, 27. May 10, 08:47

Titan is my favourite price/quality wise.

I like the OSAKA a lot too :)

The boreas... well.. a cap ship that needs some nerfing imo ;)

Dantrithor
x3tc

Post by Dantrithor » Thu, 27. May 10, 11:34

Osaka: Great ship for... anything.

Put PSP in front bay, and SSC's all around. When charging against a capital ship, get yourself into the frontal battery, and fire a charged shot at the unsuspecting capital. Those balls of death will surely dent a good chunk of it's shield... if not everything, and hull. And SSC's are like flak, great for anything M7 and below.

WarriorGuild
x3tc

Post by WarriorGuild » Thu, 27. May 10, 11:43

Yeah - the Osaka has one hell of a punch up front - never had to charge up the main guns more than twice to take out any enemy.
It is great as a personal ship if you like to be accurate - really slow recharge time but sooo much damage.

Spychotic
x3tc

Post by Spychotic » Thu, 27. May 10, 11:47

The Osaka has weaker firepower than any other M2, because PSPs are intrinsically less powerful than PPCs. Unless they're charged and the PPCs aren't, in which case they're about the same.

But the strong shields make the Osaka the best OOS patrol ship, because it's still powerful enough to one-hit any enemy and it's the only production ship in the game that cannot be one-hitted by a rampaging Q.

The best personal ship would probably be the Boreas; 10GJ of shielding, full loadout of very powerful weapons, is fast and relatively small (hence easier to evade fire).

Spike
Check out the X3 Wiki!

Struggling with a plotline? Spike's Walkthroughs are your answer!

Whether you're building your first factory or a trading empire, this station management guide was made just for you.

tass_bur
x4

Post by tass_bur » Thu, 27. May 10, 12:18

Thanks a lot for all your info :) I still have not decided yet the SSC's are they not hard to find? according to my Encyclopedia i still have not found any stations that sells it? maybe it is gone in my universe?

I have send a fleet of kestrals to explore the earth sectors better now to see if i missed something.

tass_bur
x4

Post by tass_bur » Thu, 27. May 10, 12:49

it appears that SSC's is not possible to get in my universe :( is the Osaka of any use without these?

Spychotic
x3tc

Post by Spychotic » Thu, 27. May 10, 14:39

Yes, its shields are too tough for fighters to penetrate in a hurry. Just stock some anti-fighter missiles and anti-capital guns and use those.
Spoiler
Show
SSCs will become available later in the game, after you've completed one of the plots.
Spike
Check out the X3 Wiki!

Whether you're building your first factory or a trading empire, this station management guide was made just for you.

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Thu, 27. May 10, 15:24

Boreas or Osaka. I like the Boreas as you have more options with weapons. Osaka you just PSP and SSC up and go, the Boreas you can play with different things. Both awesome ships regardless.

Spychotic - Are you sure on that? I've had SSC forges GoD'd on me before and couldn't arm Terran cap ships till I could build my own.. Which is a loooong time unless you mod.

tass_bur
x4

Post by tass_bur » Thu, 27. May 10, 15:51

Spoiler
Show
That would be when you finish the hub mission? or Aldrin missoins maybe?
About the weapon loadouts of the Boreas....thats not always a good thing....so many options and i more or less just point and shoot so I would have to ask you guys for advice on weapons too then?

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Thu, 27. May 10, 16:14

ezra-r wrote:Titan is my favourite price/quality wise.

I like the OSAKA a lot too :)

The boreas... well.. a cap ship that needs some nerfing imo ;)
IIRC the Boreas has already received a nerfing back in 1.4/2.0(?). :wink:

Cpt.Jericho
x3tc

Post by Cpt.Jericho » Thu, 27. May 10, 16:22

The Boreas is still a bit on the cheap side. Honestly: Premium shielding, great weapons, good speed/manouverability. And yet, cheaper than the Odysseus.
Winner of 350 Mil class of X-Verse Fleet Fest Italiano
Boycotting Steam since 2003

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Thu, 27. May 10, 16:37

Maybe thats because the Paranid overcharge for everything...

Ripskar
x3ap

Post by Ripskar » Thu, 27. May 10, 18:02

Personally I'd buy the Osaka if you can source the weapons.
If not get a Boreas.

Spychotic
x3tc

Post by Spychotic » Thu, 27. May 10, 18:24

Infekted wrote:Spychotic - Are you sure on that?
Yep. Only way to prove it is by totally spoiling the game for you though!

Spike
Check out the X3 Wiki!

tass_bur
x4

Post by tass_bur » Sat, 29. May 10, 09:26

Well as I could not get those starburst things i bought a Boreas, which i have kittet with 8 PPC in front and a total of 8 FAA top and buttom.

Now to start with I wanted IBL at the sides and behind but even though I do have 1 IBL forge i can access (with a bit of pirate hacking) I only have 3 guns of them (I need to look into feeding this forge so i can get more) what would be a second best idea to feed the sides with while i try and get more IBLs? (not going to well)

Thank you in advance

/Tass

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”