Argon ships hammering at an indestructible Yaki Raijin

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Zettai Baka
x3tc

Argon ships hammering at an indestructible Yaki Raijin

Post by Zettai Baka » Fri, 28. May 10, 13:25

http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/7161 ... n00002.jpg

{Oversize image replaced by link. Please read the image posting rules before doing so again. - Nanook}

I jumped to Cloudbase North West just to find what was apparently a huge battle going on. When I looked carefully, it turned out that it was actually a bunch of Argon ships hammering at one Yaki Raijin ship which was apparently invincible. I checked its shields and hull, and they were both at 0%, but it just wouldn't die!

Notice how all fire is concentrated at just that one pirate ship (which should be dead several times over by now).

I am playing vanilla X3:TC with the latest patch and bonus pack installed. Is this a known bug?

Stacy

Re: Argon ships hammering at an indestructible Yaki Raijin

Post by Stacy » Fri, 28. May 10, 13:55

Zettai Baka wrote:http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/7161 ... n00002.jpg

I jumped to Cloudbase North West just to find what was apparently a huge battle going on. When I looked carefully, it turned out that it was actually a bunch of Argon ships hammering at one Yaki Raijin ship which was apparently invincible. I checked its shields and hull, and they were both at 0%, but it just wouldn't die!

Notice how all fire is concentrated at just that one pirate ship (which should be dead several times over by now).

I am playing vanilla X3:TC with the latest patch and bonus pack installed. Is this a known bug?
I guess thats the ship you want! go capture it with ship hijacker then fly around in an immortal ship!

{Oversize image removed from quote. Please don't quote oversize images. If in doubt, don't quote the images at all. - Nanook}
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Zettai Baka
x3tc

Re: Argon ships hammering at an indestructible Yaki Raijin

Post by Zettai Baka » Fri, 28. May 10, 14:11

Stacy wrote: I guess thats the ship you want! go capture it with ship hijacker then fly around in an immortal ship!
Ha! Great idea, although I bet by the time I get into it, it won't be bugged anymore. =P

Any idea if this ship will become unbugged, or will this sector be constantly engaged in combat with this immortal pirate (who doesn't even try to escape at all).

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Fri, 28. May 10, 14:18

Happened to me once in TC with a plot ship I was meant to capture. The fighting was so fierce that if I capped the ship, thus turning it vulnerable, it would have been instantly killed.

Since killing the attacking fleet would have destroyed my rep with that race I had to set up a ship to follow the target (powerful enough to not get killed by accidental fire) and wait. It took several real time days for the attacking fleet to go away.
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

Hellfire29
x3tc

Post by Hellfire29 » Fri, 28. May 10, 14:22

This happened to me earlier today, but with a space suit... :P

Reimu Hakurei
x3tc

Post by Reimu Hakurei » Fri, 28. May 10, 15:25

I believe it is a known bug. I had this with a Susanowa in Split Fire, and it wasn't going away at all.

So out comes Cycrow's cheat script... you see, it's not for cheating, because that would ruin the game, it's for putting right GoD's little mishaps. :D
Funnily enough though 'destroy' didn't actually kill the ship... In the end I took ownership and sold it (I didn't really want their money (about 200,000Cr, not actually much at my stage in the game anyway mind) but it's the only way I'd remove the ship).

tommyth3cat
x3tc

Post by tommyth3cat » Fri, 28. May 10, 18:36

This happened with an Argon Elite during a Kha'ak invasion I'm pretty sure its because the pilot is part of the plot missions so shes too important to die! :)

Baddieus
x4

Post by Baddieus » Fri, 28. May 10, 19:32

On a Goner gamestart, going directly into Omicron Lyre & accepting the starting Terran mission there, the Merc squad was attacking the Scabbard on it's approach. It too had a minimum hull, and kept docking at the local EQ trying to hide .... I guess.

I re-restarted and all was fine the next time around.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 28. May 10, 19:41

For me, it was a Pirate Scorpion Raider in Danna's Chance. And it had an Argon Titan and all its support fighters attacking it. To get rid of the nuisance, I used the cheat script to force the pilot to bail (I tried to destroy it with the script, but it wouldn't work). Once the pilot bailed, the Argon stopped firing on it, but not before I noticed it was still indestructible. So I claimed it, and sold it off because I didn't want an indestructible ship in my game. Didn't bring much, though, what with a zero hull. :wink:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Captain CAVEMAN!!!
x3tc

Post by Captain CAVEMAN!!! » Fri, 28. May 10, 23:25

Damn you are all lucky xD

Mine was a Kha'ak Destroyer that appeared after a random Kha'ak invasion. however when its hull was 0 it couldent move and all its weapons were fried so i just Kept a Zeus and a fighter squadren there to 'Contain' It.

And later it was a Cluster Kha'ak ship however clusters cant fire and it was glitchednot to separate so i was not too worried :D

bionicvapourboy
x3tc

Post by bionicvapourboy » Mon, 29. Nov 10, 11:42

For me now is a Yaki Raijin in Ocracoke Storm....really annoying. I used Ion Cannon for destroying weapons and improvements on the ship and a Osaka to make it to stay still near the south gate to Senator's Badlands.
Do u think the bug will be fixed ? This is a 100+ hours game! A stupid M4 can't break it....
"Dunque, ragazzi: abbiamo tre motori fuori combattimento e abbiamo nella pancia più buchi di uno scolabrodo. La radio è partita, perdiamo carburante, e se scendiamo un altro po' ci vogliono gli sci, invece delle ali. Però un vantaggio ce l'abbiamo, sui russi: a questa altezza ci possono arpionare, magari, ma sullo schermo del radar sicuramente non ci trovano." (Il Maggiore T.J. "King" Kong, ai suoi uomini)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”