[TC] goner mission trouble *possible spoilers*

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jimfnm
x3tc

goner mission trouble *possible spoilers*

Post by jimfnm » Sat, 29. May 10, 06:41

I hope the subject was spoiler free but I'm screwed on the 60 squash mine mission. The dude at the station says I must be on the weed when I try to deliver the mines. I took 80 on my second attempt and had the same trouble. Did I miss something?

frickenmoron
x4

Post by frickenmoron » Sat, 29. May 10, 08:33

Well, this is the spoiler forum after all.
Stupid question, but did you already deliver the space weed?

jimfnm
x3tc

Post by jimfnm » Sat, 29. May 10, 10:13

Yup and I just saw spoiler forum, guess I'm smarter than I thought. I didn't have trouble with the weed just the damn mines. I hauled 100 in and he still acts like I'm on the weed.

Baddieus
x4

Post by Baddieus » Sat, 29. May 10, 12:27

Did you comm him and ask to dock the 2nd trip over?

When you comm to land the 1st time you get scanned .... maybe you have to be scanned the 2nd time too?

jimfnm
x3tc

Post by jimfnm » Sat, 29. May 10, 22:43

I've commed everyone on the station. The guy with the blue book beside his name says I must be on the weed and the last guy in the list says I need to dock. I'm pretty confused. I check my freight and it says 100 SQUASH mines and my mission list says I need 60. I don't think I'm missing anything. Is it possible to screw this up if one of my turrets maybe shot the station when I left after delivering the weed? That's the only thing I can think of.

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Make one trip

Post by Bill Huntington » Sun, 30. May 10, 20:56

If you have an old save, you might just load it and the Weed and Squash mines for one trip instead of two. It saves a lot of trouble.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

jimfnm
x3tc

Post by jimfnm » Mon, 31. May 10, 20:35

Unfortunately my saves are too new. I think I might start over though so I think I'll do them at the same time next time. Thanks for the idea.

Da-V-Man
x4

Post by Da-V-Man » Mon, 31. May 10, 21:26

Do you have cargo life support on your ship? Would that affect anything?

Baddieus
x4

Post by Baddieus » Mon, 31. May 10, 21:32

Do you have cargo life support on your ship? Would that affect anything?
You are required to give the guy a ride after dropping the mines.

Although I'm not sure if this would alter anything, or if he would just try to fly back in his suit.

jimfnm
x3tc

Post by jimfnm » Tue, 1. Jun 10, 20:26

I was flying the vidar which I believe had cargo life support installed (I was also hauling marines around but that might be different). I didn't have any people on board when I was doing the mission though.

mordtech
x3tc

Post by mordtech » Tue, 1. Jun 10, 21:16

mine worked fine.. does that help? :D
Spoiler
Show
..on a more serious note i'd advise anyone starting that plot to do it whilst your combat rank is still fair to middling.. ie not high, i had to do the defend ships/stations part in a boreas whilst bringing in a few frigates as backup, must've ended up slaughtering around 75 pirate centaurs 'n ospreys :o
Spoiler
Show
split alive!

EnderIII
x4

Post by EnderIII » Tue, 1. Jun 10, 21:23

mordtech wrote:mine worked fine.. does that help? :D
Spoiler
Show
..on a more serious note i'd advise anyone starting that plot to do it whilst your combat rank is still fair to middling.. ie not high, i had to do the defend ships/stations part in a boreas whilst bringing in a few frigates as backup, must've ended up slaughtering around 75 pirate centaurs 'n ospreys :o
Spoiler
Show
Even worse is OFF

A full M7 fleet with M1 and fighter support to defend a small convoy?

And you still fail?

Seriously?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”