Keeping passenger shuttles from docking at your stations or complex?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

kreep69
x3tc

Keeping passenger shuttles from docking at your stations or complex?

Post by kreep69 » Sat, 29. May 10, 19:08

If you have passenger shuttles filling up and wasting docking space at your station/complex/TS/ED/etc. how can you get rid of them?

Setting trade with other races to 'no' doesnt have any effect so do you have to set the races as 'enemy' as well for the station; will that work?

Note: I didn't want to try it first and ask later since I have ships doing 'defend station' and don't know if they will start attacking enemy races.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 29. May 10, 21:07

Setting the race to foe on your station will move them on, but only if they have somewhere else to go in sector (another Trading Station or Equipment Dock usually) when they will probably go and block that one up. You will risk unintended combat from homebased ships on patrol or defend station, but you can get round that by taking off their homebase and putting them to defend position or patrol instead.

kreep69
x3tc

Post by kreep69 » Sun, 30. May 10, 04:32

Thanks for the info. So how do I get them to undock and do I have to kill them, or will they eventually go away on their own at some point as long as I set them to enemy?

Can't believe Paranid NPC Passenger shuttles are filling up all my my unknown sector ED's and Complex docking spaces. There is nothing else in sector for them to go to so hopefully they leave after a while or else I'm not even sure how to get them to undock and kill them.

garv222

Post by garv222 » Sun, 30. May 10, 05:00

Get a few missions from the offending race ready for completion, then eject them out by setting that station's IFF to hostile. Turn them into road-kill with one of your capital ships or some other heavily shielded ship.

kreep69
x3tc

Post by kreep69 » Sun, 30. May 10, 06:48

garv222 wrote:Get a few missions from the offending race ready for completion, then eject them out by setting that station's IFF to hostile. Turn them into road-kill with one of your capital ships or some other heavily shielded ship.
I'm trying it but they refuse to un-dock ... they are like the onboard space herpy from The Ice Pirates.

RicoOcho
xr

Post by RicoOcho » Sun, 30. May 10, 07:34

i have that bieng done with my EQ dock even though trade with other races is set to no..cool thing is somehow the cash in that station goes up yet nothing has been sold :)
An object in motion, stays in motion unless acted on by an outside force.
Sir Isaac Newton, The meanest person in space.

frickenmoron
x4

Post by frickenmoron » Sun, 30. May 10, 08:49

RicoOcho wrote:i have that bieng done with my EQ dock even though trade with other races is set to no..cool thing is somehow the cash in that station goes up yet nothing has been sold :)
Do you have any MK3 traders homebased to that EQ dock?

garv222

Post by garv222 » Sun, 30. May 10, 08:54

kreep69 wrote:
garv222 wrote:Get a few missions from the offending race ready for completion, then eject them out by setting that station's IFF to hostile. Turn them into road-kill with one of your capital ships or some other heavily shielded ship.
I'm trying it but they refuse to un-dock ... they are like the onboard space herpy from The Ice Pirates.
Ack... I don't know then... I imagine if they annoyed me enough on an expendable station I'd blow the station for revenge.....
Duke's Buccaneers... I hate you so much... I am sooo demolishing your HQ when our business is finished....

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 30. May 10, 10:07

If there is nowhere else to go then that is why they are staying put. The solution is to build a station somewhere (way off) in sector and leave that at friendly while you put your docks etc to foe. The NPCs will shift to the new station and then you can ignore them and put your docks back to friendly. Rinse and repeat the dock race relations switches every time your docks get blocked up. You would be amazed how many shuttles and prisoner transports etc you can get buzzing around one non-producing and unresourced station!

The only problem you will have is that whenever you go IS, there may be multiple NPC collisions with the station and that will cost you race rep.

I just wish the jobsfiles for these NPC 'fluff' ships would include a timeout and make them jump elsewhere or disappear if they don't/can't move on after a reasonable time.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 30. May 10, 12:45

You could try the "No civs Mod",comes in two versions,but will leave your game tagged MODIFIED afaik.

They will still have to have completed their orders berfore they leave the game completely though.

kreep69
x3tc

Post by kreep69 » Sun, 30. May 10, 20:06

Hey nice ideas. So basically like a 'honey-pot' type station to suck in the fluff NPC thats like 50-100km away from the gate. I don't go into that sector too often so it shouldnt be a problem.

I'll try this or if worse comes to worse I will try the No Civs mod or something .. if it gets real bad I'll just install a cheat script and destroy the object with no rep hit. Thats about the same thing as the good old 'you didn't pay for safe docking' extortion thing they had in X3R that could blow up your ship.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 30. May 10, 21:46

The problem with the no-civs mod applied to an already on-going game is that as TTD said, the affected fluff ships have to finish their jobs before being removed and then they will not ever be replaced. The issue here is that they are already stuck at your station actually trying to complete those orders so the mod may not actually help you with those specific ships for some considerable while yet unless you can otherwise move them on or remove them.

RicoOcho
xr

Post by RicoOcho » Mon, 31. May 10, 05:08

frickenmoron wrote:
RicoOcho wrote:i have that bieng done with my EQ dock even though trade with other races is set to no..cool thing is somehow the cash in that station goes up yet nothing has been sold :)
Do you have any MK3 traders homebased to that EQ dock?
i have 4 tms docked there...2 are for some extra storage the other to are used as resupply and or ware gatherers....so yea no idea...also i have seen an increase in civilian traffic
An object in motion, stays in motion unless acted on by an outside force.
Sir Isaac Newton, The meanest person in space.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”