[TC] Yaki IBL forge: will they buy from a complex to the north?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Krytoss6
x3tc

Yaki IBL forge: will they buy from a complex to the north?

Post by Krytoss6 » Sun, 30. May 10, 06:03

I'm at that wonderful point where i've got the tiger, and now i need the ibls.
the 4xcig/4xisr just ain't going to cut it.

my question is: i don't have tonnes of yaki rep. facts and ships are blue but won't let me dock, and the akuma is hostile. if i build a complex to supply the IBL forge in weavers, will they come to it and buy, raising my rep to the point where i can buy from their forge?

Catra

Post by Catra » Sun, 30. May 10, 06:14

no.
they dont have ships to buy stuff with.
:P

Reimu Hakurei
x3tc

Post by Reimu Hakurei » Sun, 30. May 10, 06:14

They don't have trade ships, so no.

Saying that I did see a Yaki Freight Transporter Demeter and Mercury in Savage Spur, but as it's a one off I expect it to have been a glitch or somesuch. They were headed East into Paranid space too, not South to their own.

Edit: Fast as always, Catra. :P

Claizen
x3tc

Post by Claizen » Sun, 30. May 10, 06:50

I've built a Space Weed and Fuel complex in Yaki space, with ships to sell it to the IBL forges. It's pretty expensive and very time consuming. Take a look: http://tinyurl.com/yeou2a6

But to give you a better (cheaper and faster) option of raising your rep with the Yaki is to do build missions for them. Just make sure when you're talking to a Pirate-looking person when picking up the mission in any of the Yaki sectors. They're hard to come by, but I think I've done a couple for them.
Make Proftissss, not War!

frickenmoron
x4

Post by frickenmoron » Sun, 30. May 10, 07:42

I've built up a Yaki economy down there with station build missions. They keep getting supplied by my Sector/Universe Traders. Works out pretty well.

It's also a lot easier to keep the Yaki happy than the Pirates.

Neillmcm
x3tc

Post by Neillmcm » Sun, 30. May 10, 08:03

IN a similar position with Yaki rep can dock at the shipyard and buy all the ships but can't dock at the IBL forge or spaceweed complex. Trying to do missions from the shipyard and hopefully i'll gain access.
It doesn't seem much point building a support complex just yet if your traders can't dock at the other stations.
What about selling unwanted ships at the shipyard, or is the rep gain slow that way?

frickenmoron
x4

Post by frickenmoron » Sun, 30. May 10, 08:18

You won't nearly gain enough for that. Just do any kind of mission except kill missions. Station building especially helps because you get more missions from the Yaki.

Catra

Post by Catra » Sun, 30. May 10, 08:24

frickenmoron wrote:You won't nearly gain enough for that. Just do any kind of mission except kill missions. Station building especially helps because you get more missions from the Yaki.
you can do kill missions for the yaki.

frickenmoron
x4

Post by frickenmoron » Sun, 30. May 10, 08:34

Each time I tried a kill mission for the Yaki the target was in a Yaki ship itself which led to massive rep loss. The ships also stick around when you abandon the mission and you eventually have to kill them since you can't tell them to stand down.

This of course only goes for "kill the target" missions from a station. Missions given by ships are fine.

Neillmcm
x3tc

Post by Neillmcm » Sun, 30. May 10, 08:43

frickenmoron wrote:You won't nearly gain enough for that. Just do any kind of mission except kill missions. Station building especially helps because you get more missions from the Yaki.
Yeah, I keep waiting for that build mission, I must have bought 50 sector maps by now :headbang:
I did one kill mission and got pirates in Yaki space which was great, I was aware of the problem of a possible Yaki target and made sure I made a save before I accepted.

Krytoss6
x3tc

Post by Krytoss6 » Sun, 30. May 10, 20:58

i'm far too impatient. i think im just goign to blow up yaki ships until someone drops an IBL :twisted:

Hamakua
x4

Post by Hamakua » Sun, 30. May 10, 21:59

Krytoss6 wrote:i'm far too impatient. i think im just goign to blow up yaki ships until someone drops an IBL :twisted:
Xenon free range Q's and J's drop them, not sure about K's. If you are on the blue side of the yaki, unless you really don't care, I would try and stay there. At the very least, stick with it until you can get a few build missions in there so there are "other" bases that can spawn missions.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”