[TC] Boarding Yaki Orca

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

RAGNAR1821
x3tc

Boarding Yaki Orca

Post by RAGNAR1821 » Sun, 30. May 10, 07:28

:evil: Ok, so i've been trying to board the Yaki Orca for some time now with no success. What's the secret. I'm using a Kraken with 20 marines in 17 pods. I've tried it from the top, bottom, front and back...

Catra

Post by Catra » Sun, 30. May 10, 07:35

are the pods not connecting?
can they not breach the hull?

frickenmoron
x4

Post by frickenmoron » Sun, 30. May 10, 07:46

I've put in 4 pods with 5 Marines each with a cobra. They all had at least 4 stars in engineering/mechanical/hacking and 1- 4 stars in fighting. No losses.

Just fly very very close to the orca while firing the pods.

David Howland
x3tc

Overwhelming Force.

Post by David Howland » Sun, 30. May 10, 16:54

If you have plenty of resources and I take it you have, as your marines are better trained than my forces were when I did this, then overwhelming force makes things a lot easier! I have little experience of boarding even now, but when I did this plot I had 2 x M7Ms, 1 M7, 2x M1s and my trusty Dragon in the sector dealing with this Orca. I softened it up with all ships attacking its shields I ended launching 5 full pods although only three teams boarded. Most of my marines were only 2&3 star and I lost a few. The end of the mission proved tricky as I had to play it three times before I avoided destroying it, the Orca suddenly turns from invunerable to fragile on your posession. If your struggling with this mission I suggest you look around this site for other the many accounts of doing this mission. Also save the game at every strategic point during the mission, you will be doing astoundingly well if you can complete this mission without replaying parts of it.
Good Luck and may Egosoft be with you!
The BANISHED RETURNS.
HEALTH WARNING! Steam Damages Freedom Of Speech!
Congratulations Egosoft on increasing memory usage from 2 to 3 Gb.
Bin playing X too long when Egosoft refuses to sell you their latest game?
The only steam I want is in my kettle! STEAM=GAME OVER.

StarTroll
x4

Post by StarTroll » Sun, 30. May 10, 18:16

I did it in 2.5 and I personnally had no problem doing it with My Kraken only, no SETA trick and marines full stats except fight ranging from 5 to 70.
SCUM : They may exceed you in number, but not in value.

EnderIII
x4

Post by EnderIII » Mon, 31. May 10, 02:39

Did you drop it's shields first?

I had no trouble capturing it with 11 marines, though I did lose one or two. (it had 18 and ISL!)

bung_dorji
x4

Post by bung_dorji » Tue, 1. Jun 10, 10:45

here is my advice

- Marines at least 50 ( standart, you dont need trained them but keep seperate the 3-5 star in fighting)
- Your actually best marines at least 15 (with at least 3-5 star in fighting and 4 star in all skill, but if you can have at least 2 marines with 5 star in mech and tech)
- 5 TP
- 3 - 7 X M5 fully shield but equpt it with 2 IRE or PAC not more

operation:
- strip the shield
- tell your M5 to attack shild of
- flood the orca with marine so the turret will busy to target marine and M5 ,some of the marine will try to break the hull but not succed, keep doing that.
- sent your best marine (actuall marine) they will try to penetrate the hull
- after you heard begin persuatioan or visualitation orsomething like it then DO NOT go away, sent your other marine keep flooding it.
this is to prevent if somehow your marine get die then it will be replace-able

i always doing this to board yaki orca and do not found any difficulties

(sory for my english if it screwed up)
It is hard to live since the xenon and kha'ak patrol recentrly

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”