Federal Argon Shipyards in Split sectors?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Martell
x3tc

Federal Argon Shipyards in Split sectors?

Post by Martell » Sun, 30. May 10, 14:57

Apparently the game doesn't like my somewhat haphazard approach to mod installation, since I'm getting the aforementioned problem. Thuruk's Beard has no less than two of these structures selling nothing but PSGs and PPCs, other sectors (seemingly randomly) has one. They seem to be additional, and not replacing anything, but I'm not very familiar with Split sectors.

List of fakepatch cats/dats in order:
11. Draffurt's Bugfix, 2.6 compatible
12. Alkeena's BSD Core
13. Alkeena's BSD Balance
14. Complex Cleaner
15. Enhanced Equipment Dock
16. Enhanced Complex Hub
17. Cmod3

All are the latest versions and I'm running 2.6. I also have a bunch of SPKs running, but I assume they wouldn't have caused this?

Any help in identifying the culprit will be appreciated.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 30. May 10, 15:27

You will find that several of those mod fake patches contain at least versions of tfactories files which are overwriting and so the later mods are breaking the earlier ones. You need to look at the in-thread descriptions of what files those mods use (or look at the false patch contents), and either avoid or merge the clashes.

Martell
x3tc

Post by Martell » Sun, 30. May 10, 16:08

That's the problem, I have no idea how to do any of that.

I'm quite willing to admit ignorance regarding X3 modding, so any links to the necessary tutorials would be appreciated.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 30. May 10, 16:44

I don't think you are quite ready for mod merging yet. Maybe in time with more experience and confidence with the use and structure of gamefiles and mods.

To determine what mods clash, you must go to the threads of the mods you have installed. In the opening post should be a list of what vanilla files that mod replaces or changes. Where 2 mods both replace/change the same file, the one installed last will overwrite the changes of the earlier one. You need to decide which of those 2 mods you want the most and forget the other one for now. Do this for all your mods until you have a set of mods that does not clash.

One thing to watch out for is that your current gamesaves may already be 'contaminated' by the mods used and their clashes so you might have to find a save from before (all) the mods were installed or at worst have to start again.

HalcyonSpirit
x3tc

Post by HalcyonSpirit » Sun, 30. May 10, 20:45

I'm also having the same problem with the "shipyards" appearing in Split space (and being owned by the Split).

We both use Draffurt's Bugfix, but the only other file I'm using that also changes TFactories is the Xtra Shippack. So I'm guessing the issue is from Draffurt's Bugfix being overwritten by another file. Look at the patches loading after Draffurt's Bugfix with the X3 Editor 2 and see which ones have a TFactories file (should be in the types folder, if there is one). Then decide what you want to do with it.

Martell
x3tc

Post by Martell » Sun, 30. May 10, 20:46

Exactly what I'm afraid of. Ah well, time to do some reading, preferably once I have 20 UTs running.

Thanks for the help.

EDIT: Ah, did NOT see that last post. Thanks much for the lead =)

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sun, 30. May 10, 22:06

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”