[SHIP] Venator-class star Destroyer WIP

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

OzWookie
x3tc

[SHIP] Venator-class star Destroyer WIP

Post by OzWookie » Tue, 1. Jun 10, 10:49

Hey guys and girls,
Well I've been lurking for awhile and I've seen that there are a few Star Wars ships out there so I though I'd add another to the list and one of my favorite capital ships, the Venator-class Republic Cruiser/Star Destroyer.

I found this on the Google SketchUp site by YIMM Venator by YIMM. There are however no contact details for the author so I'm guessing that since they put it up on googles 3dWarehouse that all should be good. I'll proceed with this assumption unless contacted otherwise.

I did however have to do quite a bit of work on the texturing to make her ship shape for X3TC, and there is still so much more to do.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

I hope to release this in two weeks time as it'll probably take me that long to figure out how to fix the things that need fixing.

Turrets are in the right place but still not sure how to do the load out correctly and I want to use the actual TurboLaser emplacements as the turrets but haven't figured that part out yet.
There are also a few poly errors in her, most notably on the foredeck and bridge towers but I'm still learning GMAX so I'm sure I'll figure it out soon.

I know there are a few of us out there that would love to see a complete SW mod and I am slowly working towards this and anyone who wants to help out please let me know.

[EDIT] Thumbnails not showing for some reason.

Catra

Post by Catra » Tue, 1. Jun 10, 11:15

i am having your kids. and no, that isnt up to negotiation. :) :lol:

the venator cruiser is my favorite ship from star wars, very very happy someone is getting around to making one. :D

will follow closely, very, uncomfortabilty closely.

/stalk.

WildAce
x4

Post by WildAce » Tue, 1. Jun 10, 12:55

looks awsome, what race is it for?

and yes a star was addon is very much wanted for this game.

id like to see the Republic and the Empire be added to the game as 2 new races sorta like the Terrans. with about 10 sectors to each one.

its a shame if you made a deathstar the size of the aldrin rock the game would lag to hell. err i mean lag to hell even more.

OzWookie
x3tc

Post by OzWookie » Tue, 1. Jun 10, 14:25

@Catra: Thanks but I didn't model her, I'm simply translating her for X3TC (which is an effort in and of itself).

@WildAce: At the moment I have it in for the Argon, but to be honest I've rever really played X3, just dabbled really as it seems to have all of the things that I want out of a Star Wars game, just missing the Ships, tech, sectors... Ee Gads, what is mesa saying? :)

Anyway, I've been slowly gathering resources and it will be a slow burn but I hope to release the Venator as a mini-mod and go from there.

Thanks for the interest guys. Wanna help?

Captain CAVEMAN!!!
x3tc

Post by Captain CAVEMAN!!! » Tue, 1. Jun 10, 14:38

this model is amasing! it looks great :o

i would love to help but i would mess it up beyond reason :roll: that and i would have no ide what i am doing :P

P.S i think it should really be a Terran ship as the textures fit the teran design standard.

Keep up the good work
Captain.C

HalcyonSpirit
x3tc

Post by HalcyonSpirit » Tue, 1. Jun 10, 16:01

That looks amazing! I can't wait to have it as part of my fleet!

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Wed, 2. Jun 10, 01:44

Venator is more like a carrier.
This is going to be an excellent ship, one of my faves when it comes to SW ships!
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

Captain CAVEMAN!!!
x3tc

Post by Captain CAVEMAN!!! » Wed, 2. Jun 10, 01:50

the thing about making it a carrier would mean that its main body would have to open :(

But again i say this looks excellent. However i think that the scale would be slightly smaller from what i have seen.

Captain C

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Wed, 2. Jun 10, 05:23

Awesome looking model. Whats the size, ideally it should be M7 size in comparison to an M2.

Catra

Post by Catra » Wed, 2. Jun 10, 05:39

Lord_Dakier wrote:Awesome looking model. Whats the size, ideally it should be M7 size in comparison to an M2.
it should be the same size as the Aegir, as the Venator is pretty much the same length as that ship.

OzWookie
x3tc

Post by OzWookie » Wed, 2. Jun 10, 10:10

Not being overly familiar with the stock ships in X3 I initially sized it to the Terran M7 but that was too small, these things are around 1100m in length with an Imperial Star destroyer being 1700m.
Looking at the "SW canon", Corvettes rang in size from 150-300m, substantially less that the Venator.
I'll load up the Aegir and do a side by side comparison though.

Catra

Post by Catra » Wed, 2. Jun 10, 10:29

Terran M7
they have 2 :P the yokohama(the small one, at about 500m) and the Aegir(1260m).

and i actually take that back, it be closer to the Teladi shrike in length(1100m).

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 2. Jun 10, 13:55

Any chance for Acclamator Assault Ship?

Captain CAVEMAN!!!
x3tc

Post by Captain CAVEMAN!!! » Wed, 2. Jun 10, 14:09

Hmm i wouldent like to see this scaled to a frigate especially the mini Yoko.

However just dont let it get TOO big we dont want a sector clogging M0 :wink:

Captain.C

HalcyonSpirit
x3tc

Post by HalcyonSpirit » Wed, 2. Jun 10, 16:15

I would want it scaled to be an M7. I'm a stickler for accuracy. Especially since the Venator-class was, in fact, the equivalent of an M7 in the Star Wars Universe. :P

Now, if you want a DESTROYER-sized ship, you need the Imperial-class Star Destroyer; those are about the length of a Tyr.

EDIT: By the way, is there someplace you can get exact dimensions for the X3 ships? X3TC.ru doesn't seem to have those numbers. I have the size comparison chart, but I'd rather have hard numbers.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Wed, 2. Jun 10, 18:26

[ external image ]

i noticed a couple of other models on that google code link including the isd hint hint ;)
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

HalcyonSpirit
x3tc

Post by HalcyonSpirit » Wed, 2. Jun 10, 18:47

LV wrote:[ external image ]

i noticed a couple of other models on that google code link including the isd hint hint ;)
You mean like the Falcon, the ISD, the Victory-class SD, the Lambda-class shuttle, the Nebulon-B frigate, the TIE Fighter/Bomber/Interceptor/Defender/etc., the X-Wing, the A-Wing, the... :wink:

Yes, hint hint. You've been recruited! :P

Général Grievous
x4

Post by Général Grievous » Wed, 2. Jun 10, 19:32

Dont forget the Invisible hand (providence star destroyer), the Munifiscient star frigate (banking clan frigate)... models exists, and it will be awesome to get them inside game!
Il vaut mieux mobiliser son intelligence sur des conneries plutot que de mobiliser sa connerie sur des choses intelligentes...

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Wed, 2. Jun 10, 21:16

No sorry I was thinking of the Acclamaitor which is Frigate sized. If we could see a few more models made maybe someone could slap together a Star Wars Conversion. That'd be like ultimate awesomeness.

OzWookie
x3tc

Post by OzWookie » Wed, 2. Jun 10, 23:27

HEHE Yup, got all of those puppies plus a few more ;)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”