just a stupid poll that i think is interesting to see

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Do you play the game while on the forums?

Poll ended at Tue, 22. Jun 10, 20:14

Yes
24%
No
49%
Sometimes
27%

Total votes: 55

kizito
xr

just a stupid poll that i think is interesting to see

Post by kizito » Wed, 2. Jun 10, 20:14

how many people play the game while on the forums

Technojerk36
xr

Post by Technojerk36 » Wed, 2. Jun 10, 20:18

Voted no.

When I play the game, I'm busy playing.

When I'm forced to be away from my gaming rig, I'm on the forums :P
My "for Dummies" guides: Trade Command Software Mk III | Advanced Satellites | X3: TC (Co-author: K-64) | SETA Repair
Xenon_Slayer wrote:maybe we'll have extreme weather pingpong at some point

jonbuttle
x3tc

Post by jonbuttle » Wed, 2. Jun 10, 20:21

i have the forums and various other guides running on a laptop next to me :) Right now my Osaka and Boreas are killing Kha'ak in K926 :lol:
Trade - Fight - Build - Think - Guess Randomly...

Targ Collective
x4

Post by Targ Collective » Wed, 2. Jun 10, 20:46

I reckon most do since X3TC started supporting background running a few patches ago - production is now preserved.
Learn to use stickies. Look here for mods for X3TC and here for guides across everything since X2. If you haven't read the Forum Rules do so before we beat you with sticks. Above all have fun.

Baddieus
x4

Post by Baddieus » Wed, 2. Jun 10, 21:00

When I play the game, I'm busy playing.

Exactly ..... well typed!

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Wed, 2. Jun 10, 21:25

With Steam you can both browse the internets and play. XFire might also have a browser since the last time I checked..

But usually, it's as Technojerk said.
10,000 Lightyears of awesomeness

Captain CAVEMAN!!!
x3tc

Post by Captain CAVEMAN!!! » Wed, 2. Jun 10, 21:33

So much to do with X :P no time for forums between the kha'ak xenon and the all powerfull autopillock :wink:

Like Techno Jerk said i am busy or on the forums

Captain C.

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Wed, 2. Jun 10, 21:38

All y'all need to start using window mode. I have it on every game possible makes balancing gaming/internal social easy lol.

kizito
xr

Post by kizito » Wed, 2. Jun 10, 21:49

pretty soon ill have 2 monitors so ill be on the forums while playing

Technojerk36
xr

Post by Technojerk36 » Wed, 2. Jun 10, 21:53

That is if you use windowed mode.

For some reason, windowed mode takes up more resources than running in full screen.

Besides, just like Captain Caveman said, do you really want to trust your ship with autopillock while typing up a post?
My "for Dummies" guides: Trade Command Software Mk III | Advanced Satellites | X3: TC (Co-author: K-64) | SETA Repair
Xenon_Slayer wrote:maybe we'll have extreme weather pingpong at some point

Targ Collective
x4

Post by Targ Collective » Wed, 2. Jun 10, 22:20

No. But there are times when you can idle while your empire ticks over in the background, or slow ships reach destinations.
Learn to use stickies. Look here for mods for X3TC and here for guides across everything since X2. If you haven't read the Forum Rules do so before we beat you with sticks. Above all have fun.

Cayo124
x3tc

Post by Cayo124 » Thu, 3. Jun 10, 04:13

Targ Collective wrote:No. But there are times when you can idle while your empire ticks over in the background, or slow ships reach destinations.
What is the meaning of "playing the game" then??

Targ Collective
x4

Post by Targ Collective » Thu, 3. Jun 10, 04:22

The X-Universe is a continual process. Does your empire stop working just because you access the Galactic Net from your shipboard computer? Why would it do so? It's about *immersion*, the most precious of gaming tools.

Dycor
x3tc

Post by Dycor » Thu, 3. Jun 10, 04:31

Playing the game, then trying to pause it, to surf the net is a very bad idea, once you hit any key it's active again and if you don't check on it you can loose alot. Save before you do it. Play and surfing is like drinking and driving. My answer is "NO".

Targ Collective
x4

Post by Targ Collective » Thu, 3. Jun 10, 04:39

Pausing? No, you wouldn't *want* to do that. It's immersion, like I said. Inattention has consequences. :D

EDIT: Just after flicking back from posting this I bounced off Federal Argon Shipyard. *One second more* and I would have been toast. Consequences, see? I only have one viewscreen. Sometimes I communicate with other pilots, advise them, argue with them. Immersion. That's what it's all about.

LeSash
x4

Post by LeSash » Thu, 3. Jun 10, 04:57

Interesting notion of immersion:

If you post on forums about real life, are you more immersed in real life? :D

Crimson Tears
x3tc

Post by Crimson Tears » Thu, 3. Jun 10, 05:01

Voted sometimes. I do alt tab out if I'm docked at a station....but I don't trust autopilot enough to do it while undocked.

hydra_one
x3tc

Post by hydra_one » Thu, 3. Jun 10, 06:07

Oh yes, I often browse the forums while i'm playing. It's almost eerie sometimes. I'll be letting my crazy autopilot fly from sector to sector (unless it's a sector with astroids), i'll be in mid post...excuse me a moment...

hmmmm...where was I? oh yes, browsing the forums on a differant computer while playing, lol....yup, definately I do. The game doesn't stop, I sometimes get a chuckle or two, and then that's my day :)

Targ Collective
x4

Post by Targ Collective » Thu, 3. Jun 10, 14:31

Continuous passage of time... PPCs building overnight... More or less *total* immersion. ;)

But SETA is for travel only.

XanII
x4

Post by XanII » Thu, 3. Jun 10, 14:48

Not on the forum no.

But i do have digital photo frame where i have maps, weapon & missile stats and some favorite ship screenshots.

Cant play the game without having the map open nowadays it seems. Wife just retorts that i have a blank stare when looking at it and she doesnt understand how i can read that mess. :roll:
X3:TC Heavy M6 guide : : : Let's pretend you are an addict, lets pretend that you are a X-games player... but i am repeating myself here.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”