[TC] Hub problem - Ore and Teladinium

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

fess999
x3tc

Hub problem - Ore and Teladinium

Post by fess999 » Wed, 2. Jun 10, 23:39

Hi,

I have aligned the first set of gates, and I now have to collect ore and teladinium.

I have already built an ore complex and wanted to start supplying that, but the hub can only hold 5000. Do I have to fullfil the teladinium requirement first?

StarTroll
x4

Post by StarTroll » Wed, 2. Jun 10, 23:44

Yes you have to finish the first step for the HUB to "feed" on the wares of the second. The best way is to stock your excess ware in a TS or TL if you can., or just use them in a complex waiting for its turn to come.
SCUM : They may exceed you in number, but not in value.

sleepy_head
x3tc

Post by sleepy_head » Wed, 2. Jun 10, 23:44

No. You'll just have to manually transfer groups of ware that it wants, one at a time.

For example, lets say the Hub wants 1000 microchips, but it can only hold 250 at a time. So the players will have to do 4 seperate transfers, moving 250 at a time and that amount will "vanish" after a second or two. Yeah, clumsy interface but thats what you'll have to do. For ores you don't really have that problem because your frieghters normally hold less than what the Hub can take at a time.

IMPORTANT!!!

If you know the Hub wants a ware, but the mission isn't ready to accept it yet, DO NOT, store it in the hub. That amount will vanish into nothing when that part of the mission starts and you will not get credit for those resources.

To clarify :

Lets say you are feeding the Hub Teladianium right now, but you know when that is done you'll need to feed it Ore. Do NOT store 5000 ore in the hub while you are working on Teladianium. Because if you do, as soon as you give the Hub the last of the Teladianium that it wants, the quantity field for Ore will ZERO out, wiping out all your Ore while you don't get credit for it. I lost Nvidium and Crystals and Microchips that way before I noticed the problem, but by then its way too late.

fess999
x3tc

Post by fess999 » Thu, 3. Jun 10, 22:28

Hi,

Thanks for the tips. I guess I will need a fleet of TLs to hold Ore.

dbrowdy
x3tc

Post by dbrowdy » Thu, 3. Jun 10, 22:32

fess999 wrote:Hi,

Thanks for the tips. I guess I will need a fleet of TLs to hold Ore.
Yup, I started capping them last night, because I'm seeing the same issue. On the plus side, you can drop TL's in different areas of the map, with haulers homebased to them, and have CLS2 ships run around and buy up NPC ore for cheap. Then when the hub is ready, just jump the TL over and transfer it over.

You can also use them for mobile mining bases instead of buying NPC ore if that's your thing....or both!

StarTroll
x4

Post by StarTroll » Thu, 3. Jun 10, 23:01

Yeah mobile mining is really useful to complement factory production when reaching the ore and silicon HUB phase.
I did it with only 2 MMBS and they served really well.
SCUM : They may exceed you in number, but not in value.

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Fri, 4. Jun 10, 12:48

sleepy_head wrote:No. You'll just have to manually transfer groups of ware that it wants, one at a time.

For example, lets say the Hub wants 1000 microchips, but it can only hold 250 at a time. So the players will have to do 4 seperate transfers, moving 250 at a time and that amount will "vanish" after a second or two. Yeah, clumsy interface but thats what you'll have to do. For ores you don't really have that problem because your frieghters normally hold less than what the Hub can take at a time.

IMPORTANT!!!

If you know the Hub wants a ware, but the mission isn't ready to accept it yet, DO NOT, store it in the hub. That amount will vanish into nothing when that part of the mission starts and you will not get credit for those resources.

To clarify :

Lets say you are feeding the Hub Teladianium right now, but you know when that is done you'll need to feed it Ore. Do NOT store 5000 ore in the hub while you are working on Teladianium. Because if you do, as soon as you give the Hub the last of the Teladianium that it wants, the quantity field for Ore will ZERO out, wiping out all your Ore while you don't get credit for it. I lost Nvidium and Crystals and Microchips that way before I noticed the problem, but by then its way too late.
Just use trade commands, it'll do it all automatically then.

Didn't know about the stuff already stored tho... Thats lame D=

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Fri, 4. Jun 10, 13:15

Could've sworn that when I started the microchip phase in the last game the very first number given, when that objective became active, was 74,750. At least I hope I would've noticed such a discrepancy. This was under v2.5, so it is not outside the realm of a patch breaking something and nobody caught it. I'll be able to find out for sure if this is a problem in the current soon as I go from teladianium to ore.
[X3] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots
[X3T] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots in Terran Conflict

The mercenary code
There is no right or wrong.
There is no good or evil.
There is only the will of the client, and how much they're paying.

Da-V-Man
x4

Post by Da-V-Man » Sun, 6. Jun 10, 08:36

sleepy_head wrote: IMPORTANT!!!

To clarify :

Does it get rid of other wares as well? I have 16 EEMPCs from when I changed the weapons on my Springblossom, and I stored them in the Hub.

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Mon, 7. Jun 10, 10:49

To clarify :

I tested this over the weekend, it is not true. I left 1k Ore in the hub as it went from Tel to Ore. It correctly gave me the credit for delivering 1k Ore.

Shootist
x4

Post by Shootist » Mon, 7. Jun 10, 14:05

Infekted wrote:

To clarify :

I tested this over the weekend, it is not true. I left 1k Ore in the hub as it went from Tel to Ore. It correctly gave me the credit for delivering 1k Ore.
I confirm. Stored materials needed later during the plot are counted towards the plot.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”