After much testing, a restart needed.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Bothersome
x3tc

After much testing, a restart needed.

Post by Bothersome » Fri, 4. Jun 10, 07:04

OK, I'll report some of my finding here.

A thing you guys might want to know is that AI factories like Argon Cahoona Bakeries don't need both food resources to make cahoonas. They only need energy, wheat OR cattle. I used to think they needed wheat AND cattle to produce. But testing today revealed that only one food source is needed.

On to more important findings. A game started in 2.6 and upgraded to 2.7 does NOT fix the Ion Mine and Tracker Mine reversal bug. An Ion Mine fab produces Tracker mines. To fix this you must start out your game in 2.7. This could mean other oddities that were fixed in 2.7 might remain from the game start. I had noticed this same problem in a much earlier game when ghoul missiles were added in a patch. They did not occur in games that were started before that patch level.

Since my last game was only about 14 hours in, I'm starting over with 2.7 this time.
"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." - Tom Clancy

Threesixtyci
x4

Post by Threesixtyci » Fri, 4. Jun 10, 07:26

TC gives you a preview window of what resource is needed when you buy the station, on the upper right of the menu screen.

Hellfire29
x3tc

Post by Hellfire29 » Fri, 4. Jun 10, 07:53

That's not what's they're saying. They're saying that the NPC Cahoona Bakeries only need one primary resource to produce.

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Fri, 4. Jun 10, 07:58

Two. E-Cells and one of two food items. I thought this was common knowledge. It worked like this in X3R as well and Cahoona Bakeries are the only NPC food factory that has this characteristic.
[X3] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots
[X3T] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots in Terran Conflict

The mercenary code
There is no right or wrong.
There is no good or evil.
There is only the will of the client, and how much they're paying.

silenced
x4

Re: After much testing, a restart needed.

Post by silenced » Fri, 4. Jun 10, 08:05

Bothersome wrote:On to more important findings. A game started in 2.6 and upgraded to 2.7 does NOT fix the Ion Mine and Tracker Mine reversal bug. An Ion Mine fab produces Tracker mines. To fix this you must start out your game in 2.7.
Nah, they simply forget to tell GOD to replace all 'fixed' NPC-factories at first load of savegame. Since only then it's changed for already existing stuff. Same issue had occured with the Advanced Fightdrone factory you could buy after a patch at some shipyards. They were only available after the SY got destroyed and replaced.
... what is a drop of rain, compared to the storm? ... what is a thought, compared to the mind? ... our unity is full of wonder which your tiny individualism cannot even conceive ... I've heard it all before ... you're saying nothing new ... I thought I saw a rainbow ... but I guess it wasn't true ... you cannot make me listen ... I cannot make you hear ... you find your way to heaven ... I'll meet you when you're there ...

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”