PBG has been outlawed!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

NUKLEAR-SLUG
x3tc

PBG has been outlawed!

Post by NUKLEAR-SLUG » Sun, 6. Jun 10, 11:00

Well maybe..

Might just be a statistical glitch at my end but has anyone else noticed fewer ships toting PBG around? Personally I'm noticing a lot more are HEPT equipped instead..

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Sun, 6. Jun 10, 11:05

Come to think of it.....Yes, there does seem to be fewer PBG useing NPCs out there. Although, I am spending alot of time in a PBG heavy Tenjin. So they just might not be haveing a chance to fire them in the first place.
[X3] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots
[X3T] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots in Terran Conflict

The mercenary code
There is no right or wrong.
There is no good or evil.
There is only the will of the client, and how much they're paying.

RyuKazuha
x3tc

Post by RyuKazuha » Sun, 6. Jun 10, 11:10

I also get the feeling they are used a lot less frequently.

Chealec
x3tc

Post by Chealec » Sun, 6. Jun 10, 11:30

Although weirdly - I've noticed less on the fighters but I've started running into Pirate Centaurs using PBGs O_o
[ external image ]

... old skool

TBV
x3tc

Post by TBV » Sun, 6. Jun 10, 11:35

I've started a new game in 2.7, but haven't so far been involved in any combat personally.
I've watched a couple of fights between Argon/Paranid military and the Pirates, and there were PBG all over the place.

The only weird thing I've noticed is Argon and Paranid Destroyers in close proximity to each other do not engage. Perhaps the Argon/Paranid war is over.......

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sun, 6. Jun 10, 11:50

I've seen a change in weapons too.

Seems like lots more mission ships using PRG, MD etc.

Xenon still spamming PBE though. :evil:
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Dis Astranagant
x4

Post by Dis Astranagant » Sun, 6. Jun 10, 13:48

Definitely less pbg, even the yaki don't have many fighters with them, a lot more hept/prg/md combo. Seems that EGO decided to reduce the number of deaths caused by death flamethrowers :lol:

Ormac
x4

Post by Ormac » Sun, 6. Jun 10, 14:02

Haven't been paying a great deal of attention but come to think of it I've been noticing less telltale orange flares in pirate vs Sector situations (In witness from safe distance) and I'm running 2.6 so they may have slipped it in from there.

Mirage Trading Corp.
x3tc

Post by Mirage Trading Corp. » Sun, 6. Jun 10, 15:11

i find HEPTs a ''lazor'', my personal Fighter is a Nova with 4x HEPTs and 4x PRGs, with a rear mounted PRG,

i use HEPTs on anything above below a M4, where i only use PRG on M5s, and everything on those dam Alien Ps, i killed 2 in seize well :twisted:

maybe NPCs prefere HEPTs now, due to there availabilty in X3TC, but who knows :D
Mirage Trading Corp...... Where nothing less will do

tramlaw
x4

Post by tramlaw » Mon, 7. Jun 10, 19:42

I actually noticed a sector/pirate fight the other day and the sector forces had PBGs and the pirates didn't!

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Mon, 7. Jun 10, 19:57

Can't say I've noticed any change. I've mainly been doing plots since 2.7 tho, but I have been toasted once by a PBG wielding pirate.

I have seen a few police versus pirate fights in the distance where PBGs were involved, can't say whether the police had them.
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 8. Jun 10, 00:43

Can't say as I've really noticed much difference in my current game, started fresh with 2.7. But then again, I'm very good buddies with the pirates** so they don't shoot at me. Still, I notice way too many race military ships firing them. Being a pirate-produced weapon, and with the PBG forges constantly being destroyed by military patrols, you wonder where they get them all. :roll:

**+30,000 rep points and counting. Equivalent to the third highest rank among the races. :D
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”