Mobile Mining Drill question

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Wickan
x3tc

Mobile Mining Drill question

Post by Wickan » Mon, 7. Jun 10, 23:55

Hello all,

I started the game as a Humble Merchant, i still have the default Mercury ship given to you at the start. I am at an equipment dock and want to buy the Mobile Mining Drill but it wont let me.

The item is listed in white, i have over 200,000k credits (it only cost 77,000) and still i cant purchase the device.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Oh and my cargo bay is not full, not even close. only using 100 units of 3000

dminor
x3tc

Post by dminor » Mon, 7. Jun 10, 23:59

Might be your rank with the race in question.
" I'm a Sexy Shoeless GOD of WAR " Belkar

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 8. Jun 10, 00:02

Are there any actually in stock?
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

dminor
x3tc

Post by dminor » Tue, 8. Jun 10, 00:03

We need more facts
" I'm a Sexy Shoeless GOD of WAR " Belkar

Wickan
x3tc

Post by Wickan » Tue, 8. Jun 10, 00:11

Ah you were right, there are none in stock :P thank you for mentioning that!

johnny859577

Post by johnny859577 » Tue, 8. Jun 10, 00:15

i hate when something a small as that can wreck your brain...never had much use for mobile drilling but each player is different i suppose.
how do they know bees and dogs can smell fear

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 8. Jun 10, 00:35

BTW, you don't need the MDS to do mobile mining. It's really only useful for breaking up the big map asteroids, the ones you see in the sector map. All the other rock debris, and there's sectors loaded with it, can be broken and collected with almost any other laser. The PAC, Particle Accelerator Cannon, available at Argon equipment docks, does a good job, and is cheap.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

user225
x3tc

Post by user225 » Tue, 8. Jun 10, 00:57

Does the Moble Drilling rig work on Mercury's? It was my understanding that you have to have at lest a class 6 ship for it. X3 reunion

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 8. Jun 10, 00:58

The MDS will work on any TS-class ship that can mount it. It's what it was designed for.

Wickan
x3tc

Post by Wickan » Tue, 8. Jun 10, 01:01

Ah, the list says that the drill can be used on the Mercury, but I'm not going to worry much about it now that i know i can use another weapon.

When drilling, are the firing commands the same as when attacking another ship? I imagine they would be.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 8. Jun 10, 01:04

'Driling' consists of shooting the rock into smaller pieces. So yes, it's the same as when firing other weapons. But unless you're using the mobile mining commands on another ship that you're not flying, you need to fire the weapon manually. Your turrets won't automatically fire on asteroids/rocks.

Wickan
x3tc

Post by Wickan » Tue, 8. Jun 10, 01:06

Ah makes perfect sense. Thank you all so much :) this game has a fairly large learning curve even with guides :P

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 8. Jun 10, 02:30

And since you seem to be someone not averse to deep, complex games, it should keep you entertained for years to come. At least, until TNBT™ arrives. :D

TNBT - The Next Big Thing from Egosoft. Coming Soon™, we all hope. :mrgreen:

user225
x3tc

Post by user225 » Wed, 16. Jun 10, 23:41

I purchased a factories entire stock of MSDs and tried to mount one on my Merury SF. Would not even show as a selectable item to load. Only the Alpha PAC was available. It does on a Centaur. This is in the x3r 2.5 gold edition as installed from the disc.

palenaka
x3tc

Post by palenaka » Thu, 17. Jun 10, 00:24

Look at the Advanced->Encyclopedia

It's way at the top under your Personal menu. Same one you use to view your missions and other things

If you select the MDS it will show you an article specific to your game and tell you where you can buy them, and it will also list what ships can equip it. If a ship is not on the list, you cannot equip it on that ship.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Thu, 17. Jun 10, 13:22

user225 wrote:I purchased a factories entire stock of MSDs and tried to mount one on my Merury SF.
That's because the Mercury can't mount a Mobile Drilling System. Check the list of compatible lasers in the ship's properties (you might need to Page Down to see it--it's not on the first page of information).

user225
x3tc

Post by user225 » Sun, 20. Jun 10, 00:57

Which means that some TS ship of different races will mount a MDS but not my Beloved Argons. This expands my understanding of the game some. It is said that there are no dumb questions; However, I have seen some questionalble anwers.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”