[TC] Trying to get GOD to spawn PBG forges

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Koruth
x4

Trying to get GOD to spawn PBG forges

Post by Koruth » Tue, 8. Jun 10, 04:50

So I decided to delete my old saves and start fresh for patch 2.6-7. Complete fresh reinstall, perfect vanilla (though I did take the bonus pack, thanks Egosoft!)

Anyway, long story short, GoD seems to have decided that Plasma Burst Generators are one thing the universe doesn't need. Every single factory has been destroyed, and there's been no sign of any rebuilding in the last couple days. The few pirates I see carrying them never seem to drop them. I don't want to massacre pirates too much anyway, since I actually have fairly good rep with them for once, and don't want my factories constantly under attack.

So, is there anything I can do to try and nudge the RNG into throwing a few PGB forges? Maybe redirect a few of my S/LTs into pirate/yaki space to give the trade more traffic? Should I wait IS or OOS? Look for wandering Yaki TLs and scan them for forges I can capture?

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Tue, 8. Jun 10, 10:04

Yes, GoD does rebuild PBG-fabs. In my game I could keep the one in the US east of PTNI living (placed one of my own M5 there and keep buying the weapons). In LooManckStrat's Legacy I have never seen a PBG-forge. But around day 15 GoD has built a PBG-forge in Maelstrom (about in middle of sector).

On a side note: I have instructed my two Trading stations in Saturn and Venus to buy PBGs at 'higher than average'-price. They are regularly stocked up ! Don't know if this is the AI or my own Mk3-traders though.
Benutzer in diesem Forum: Keine

Gswine
x3ap

Post by Gswine » Tue, 8. Jun 10, 10:47

I'm really not sure how long you will have to wait but for PBG forges. But I have seen them built in LooManck's, Dana's Fortune, Malestrom and the US next to PTNI.

When they do appear set traders to keep them stocked regualy and GOD will place a couple more pretty quickly and I would set some kestrals to map sectors in case they have been placed away from the space lanes.
She was right. Selection B4, His most recent hit, 'Nowhere Nuthin' ****-up,' a sentimental number.

Koruth
x4

Post by Koruth » Thu, 10. Jun 10, 03:44

Ok~! There's a brand spanking new PBG forge in LooMankStrat's, next to the anarchy port... and like the anarcy port, it's red from the start. Looking for hackers to get me in, but I'd still have to deal with the lasertowers.

Better than nothing, but I feel like GoD is toying with me. Like it always does.

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Thu, 10. Jun 10, 11:54

Congrats !
You may take some precautions for protecting this fab in LooManckStrat's. The massive Boron and Paranid fleet there do not particularly like Pirate stations ...

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Thu, 10. Jun 10, 12:07

They are all destroyed? There's one in Unknown sector east of PTNI HQ.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 10. Jun 10, 22:50

zazie wrote:...But around day 15 GoD has built a PBG-forge in Maelstrom (about in middle of sector)....
There's always one there at the very beginning. Are you sure it's not the same one?
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Fri, 11. Jun 10, 09:46

Yes. I had (many) Satellites all over the sector. It was completely empty in the beginning. The station was built AFTER I had done some building missions for the Pirates from Gaia and the southern US right in the center of Maelstrom. It was impossible to overlook that PBG-forge in the middle of those other stations I had to build manually.

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Fri, 11. Jun 10, 12:13

zazie wrote:Yes. I had (many) Satellites all over the sector. It was completely empty in the beginning. The station was built AFTER I had done some building missions for the Pirates from Gaia and the southern US right in the center of Maelstrom. It was impossible to overlook that PBG-forge in the middle of those other stations I had to build manually.
They only build new ones if another one got destroyed in another sector, so it's possible to get a new one appearing in that sector.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Sat, 12. Jun 10, 00:04

zazie wrote:Yes. I had (many) Satellites all over the sector. It was completely empty in the beginning. The station was built AFTER I had done some building missions for the Pirates from Gaia and the southern US right in the center of Maelstrom. It was impossible to overlook that PBG-forge in the middle of those other stations I had to build manually.
Well, I'm positive there's one there from the start. In my Tormented Teladi start, that's one of the first sectors I visited, and it was there within an hour of starting. And it's been in the same exact location in every game I've played.

It's possible the Teladi sent a task force down and blew it up before you got there, and then rebuilt it later. That exact thing just happened in my game in Danna's Chance. A Teladi Shrike blew it up along with three other pirate stations, two of which I built for them, and then a Teladi Albatross came along a few hours later and built another one.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”