[TC] Destroy the Earth Torus?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

spengo

Destroy the Earth Torus?

Post by spengo » Tue, 8. Jun 10, 08:12

I've decided that after I finish all the story missions my goal will be to take over the universe, starting with Earth.

How big of a fleet do you think it would take to destroy the Earth Torus and what type of strategies would you employ?

Right now I'm thinking a fleet of 25 M1s all loaded up with fighters and 25 M2s will do the trick. I'll set all the M1s and their fighters on the cannons while the M2s concentrate fire on the torus. Think it's possible? They will never know what hit them! :twisted:

Also related: Does anyone have an idea of the actual size of the entire Terran fleet? Is there even a size or does the game spawn things infinitely?

frickenmoron
x4

Post by frickenmoron » Tue, 8. Jun 10, 08:20

The Torus is invulnerable.

Catra

Post by Catra » Tue, 8. Jun 10, 10:37

if you zoom in on those little white streaks behind the torus, youll see quite a sizeable osaka / tokyo fleet flying by. :P
also, the torus guns have an enormous RoF, so theyll kill your fleet in seconds.

StarTroll
x4

Post by StarTroll » Tue, 8. Jun 10, 12:46

And if you wanted to destroy such a big boy, you woulf better take a fleet of 25 M7M loaded with only Hammer torps, and 1/2 Arans filled with M8, they are the real force to take down super structures.
But then again, it can't be destroyed.
SCUM : They may exceed you in number, but not in value.

spengo

Post by spengo » Tue, 8. Jun 10, 17:43

All my hopes and dreams are dashed. :( It has shielding and hull bars/percentage just like everything else when you click on it, why can't it be destroyed? Have people tried before?

Targ Collective
x4

Post by Targ Collective » Tue, 8. Jun 10, 18:12

No plot structure can be destroyed. This is to prevent you breaking your own game.

Besides attacking Earth is suicide - the Torus is armed to the teeth. You. Will. Die. Also consider the turrets are actually separate entities to the Torus and won't die with it.

Only way to kill it is by cheating. Better plan: Every sector *except* Earth. Starting with the Moon and blockading the Earth Gate to prevent interference.

Bear in mind you will need forces to hold every sector, ever.
Learn to use stickies. Look here for mods for X3TC and here for guides across everything since X2. If you haven't read the Forum Rules do so before we beat you with sticks. Above all have fun.

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Tue, 8. Jun 10, 21:09

Catra wrote:if you zoom in on those little white streaks behind the torus, youll see quite a sizeable osaka / tokyo fleet flying by. :P
Nah, those fleet at the distance is just flat textures flying, no ships there. The laser towers can be destroyed but from what I heard the Torus is indeed invulnerable. Shame on devs...

spengo

Post by spengo » Tue, 8. Jun 10, 21:16

If I kill all the shipyards of a certain race will the game still spawn ships for them or is it possible to completely obliterate someone?

...too bad there are no ships with planet smashing weapons :P

Allan F
x3ap

Post by Allan F » Tue, 8. Jun 10, 22:40

The shipyards will respawn after about a gameday when you're not looking.
Maverick: Requesting permission for flyby.
Air Boss Johnson: That's a negative ghostrider, the pattern is full.
Goose: No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.
Maverick: Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz a Split.
Split: Split now give you .... Aaaarrriiiigh.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”