Wingmen Crashing

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

bbenham
x3

Wingmen Crashing

Post by bbenham » Wed, 9. Jun 10, 01:41

Ok, nub question #100.

I'm flying around in my M7 Thresher, and want to assign a group of M6's to effectively be my wingmen. Problem is, every time I turn a little, they crash and bump into me.. gaaaaahhh. I basically told them to "follow me", and in some cases I've tried telling them to "Protect me". Either way, I just can't seem to get very far without killing one due to them being right on top of me and not being able to get out of my way. They are far more maneuverable than my M7, so not sure what the problem is.

I'd like to have them available for wingman commands, but just can't seem to do it.

Any ideas/suggestions?

silenced
x4

Post by silenced » Wed, 9. Jun 10, 01:42

Get used to ... you will not have any other option, except playing around with the different formations.
... what is a drop of rain, compared to the storm? ... what is a thought, compared to the mind? ... our unity is full of wonder which your tiny individualism cannot even conceive ... I've heard it all before ... you're saying nothing new ... I thought I saw a rainbow ... but I guess it wasn't true ... you cannot make me listen ... I cannot make you hear ... you find your way to heaven ... I'll meet you when you're there ...

RyuKazuha
x3tc

Re: Wingmen Crashing

Post by RyuKazuha » Wed, 9. Jun 10, 01:49

bbenham wrote:Any ideas/suggestions?
Get a smaller ship.

btw silenced: "deutsche" nicht "Deutsche" oder ist das intendiert? :P

garv222

Post by garv222 » Wed, 9. Jun 10, 02:13

RyuKazuha wrote:
bbenham wrote:Any ideas/suggestions?
Get a smaller ship.

btw silenced: "deutsche" nicht "Deutsche" oder ist das intendiert? :P
He's right. You're using one of the most difficult m7 in terms of maneuverability. The thresher has a long tail which makes it exceedingly difficult to drive in tight spaces.

check here to get a look at the thresher's shape compared to other m7
http://www.lucike.info/x3_terran_confli ... lships.jpg

note the long tail which can easily smack things as you make a turn.
Duke's Buccaneers... I hate you so much... I am sooo demolishing your HQ when our business is finished....

dbrowdy
x3tc

Post by dbrowdy » Wed, 9. Jun 10, 02:58

garv222 wrote: check here to get a look at the thresher's shape compared to other m7
That is AWESOME! I love it! And it makes me want to get a Phoenix. :-D

bbenham
x3

Post by bbenham » Wed, 9. Jun 10, 04:14

sigh..

I guess I'll have to settle for some other M7 :(

thanks guys..

silenced
x4

Post by silenced » Wed, 9. Jun 10, 04:25

RyuKazuha wrote:btw silenced: "deutsche" nicht "Deutsche" oder ist das intendiert? :P
Passt schon so. :) (It's alright that way.)
... what is a drop of rain, compared to the storm? ... what is a thought, compared to the mind? ... our unity is full of wonder which your tiny individualism cannot even conceive ... I've heard it all before ... you're saying nothing new ... I thought I saw a rainbow ... but I guess it wasn't true ... you cannot make me listen ... I cannot make you hear ... you find your way to heaven ... I'll meet you when you're there ...

garv222

Post by garv222 » Wed, 9. Jun 10, 05:19

dbrowdy wrote:
garv222 wrote: check here to get a look at the thresher's shape compared to other m7
That is AWESOME! I love it! And it makes me want to get a Phoenix. :-D
I felt the same way about the phoenix after seeing this picture. I was flying to my Argon EQ dock and I couldn't figure out why the hell it looked so damn weird and funky. Then I realized that the extra tower sticking out wasn't a tower...it was the phoenix I had recently stolen and docked for supplies and armament.

here's a screenie of it in my EQ dock
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm25 ... hoenix.jpg

Looks kind of more like a flying rusted skyscraper than a space engine of war.
Duke's Buccaneers... I hate you so much... I am sooo demolishing your HQ when our business is finished....

bbenham
x3

Post by bbenham » Wed, 9. Jun 10, 06:12

Dam, that's a nice screen shot. I want that Agamemnon real bad.. and am looking to capture an m2.. you are reading my mind dude.

I just put up an Argon Equpment dock myself, in hopes that it would be able to store all the captured crap I have.. shields, weapons, etc.. and was horribly disappointed at what little it would store. Is there any way to store all this stuff other than to have a bunch of bloated freighters sitting at a dock?

Much appreciated..

garv222

Post by garv222 » Wed, 9. Jun 10, 07:34

Only the PHQ has massive storage space combined with no max quantity for individual items. Normally if I want to store things I get an automated falcon hauler homebased to a TL to buy items out of a factory.

bbenham
x3

Post by bbenham » Wed, 9. Jun 10, 07:40

I've still to figure out how to get the PHQ... :)

I thought a falcon was a fighting ship and not a hauler?

regards

garv222

Post by garv222 » Wed, 9. Jun 10, 07:58

bbenham wrote:I've still to figure out how to get the PHQ... :)

I thought a falcon was a fighting ship and not a hauler?

regards
There are several falcon sub-types among the falcon class m3. Those classes are sentinel(rare, you have to find this one unique ship), vanguard, and hauler. The hauler is good because it sports 200 mj shielding, but more importantly it is the only fighter class that has XL cargo bays. This lets you carry any cargo to and from a TL class ship. For example, you can set a buying repeat cycle to buy flail barrage missiles from a complex and that hauler will continuously go back and for picking up missiles until the TL is full.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”