those frisky paranids

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

palenaka
x3tc

those frisky paranids

Post by palenaka » Wed, 9. Jun 10, 19:11

I'm MORTing making some cash and this huge Paranid military strike force shows in Argon Prime shooting up the place. They even attacked that little Argon Flight School Buster (apparantly he's invincible because they knocked out his shields but weren't damaging the hull being shot at by a Diemos, 3 Hades and a handfull of Perseus)

I called in my Mercury so I could hop in and start scavving all the dropped Cahoona and Chelt meat etc. Forgot to put SETA in it ><

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Wed, 9. Jun 10, 19:16

yeap, I enjoy those little invasions too, they usually drop valuable goodies while I just watch and pick the remains.

In my game there is not much weapon dropping though :(

palenaka
x3tc

Post by palenaka » Wed, 9. Jun 10, 19:58

Here's my save game if you want to have a look at them. I just have X3TC w/ 2.7 patch and bonus pack. No other mods installed so it should work fine

http://www.mslegacy.org/traine_folder/X3save.zip

Lethal_Sting
x3tc

Post by Lethal_Sting » Thu, 10. Jun 10, 00:07

Lol yep. I have a Deimos in Home of Light right now, already took out a crystal fab, shooting up any freighters that get to close.

Works in my favor as I have a crystal fab just north :roll:
Command those who conquer others.

T.Goat

Post by T.Goat » Thu, 10. Jun 10, 00:11

I wish I had something exciting happening in my game. Best I've seen so far is a Pirate M2 wandering in CBSE. Maybe I should set up a satellite network to catch these things?

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Thu, 10. Jun 10, 00:13

Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 10. Jun 10, 00:20

Lethal_Sting wrote:Lol yep. I have a Deimos in Home of Light right now, already took out a crystal fab, shooting up any freighters that get to close.

Works in my favor as I have a crystal fab just north :roll:
Beware if it takes out the Terracorp HQ. It will mess up your Corporate missions, if you've already started them for Terracorp. You might want to help the Argon exterminate the Parasites, err, Paranids, if you have the wherewithal to do so.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

palenaka
x3tc

Post by palenaka » Thu, 10. Jun 10, 03:43

The paranid managed to take out the Argon Trading Station in Argon Prime, and a couple factories. I'm assuming they'll come back?

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Thu, 10. Jun 10, 07:52

THe docks will respawn, but the factories will not. The engine may or not send a few TL to build stations in order to fill the economy holes.
Right on commander !

palenaka
x3tc

Post by palenaka » Thu, 10. Jun 10, 13:56

oh i'll be more than happy to help out. Station building missions is the fast track for me to gain faction rank

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”