[TC] ostas plot wants me to deliver 20 disruptormissles within 20 min

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Astramann
x3tc

ostas plot wants me to deliver 20 disruptormissles within 20 min

Post by Astramann » Wed, 9. Jun 10, 19:21

of cause this sucks bad, as these missiles are not purchasable.

id sugest to check what missiles the hq may demand and remove these that can not be bought.

tsf_jeppie
x3tc

Post by tsf_jeppie » Wed, 9. Jun 10, 19:46

You can allso accept the mission after you've collected the 20 missiles.

Astramann
x3tc

Post by Astramann » Wed, 9. Jun 10, 20:13

so? is there any relation to the topic in your post i may have missed?

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Wed, 9. Jun 10, 20:19

Er yes, the fact that the 20 minute limit means nothing as the mission will be there constantly and you can nip off and fetch the missiles?
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Astramann
x3tc

Post by Astramann » Wed, 9. Jun 10, 21:57

jeah, ok as the mission timer is easy to cheat, i shuld have left out the short timer anyway because we are supposed to cheat?

aside:
the more important point here is that the mission wants me to get missiles that can not be bought or produced.

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Wed, 9. Jun 10, 22:09

They can be obtained though.
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 9. Jun 10, 22:19

This is not a Tech Support issue, it's a game feature. So over to the Spoilers Forum it goes, since it deals with a corporate plot.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 9. Jun 10, 22:24

yep ,as has been suggested...

All those battles you've engaged in or witnessed and gone round picking up spoils of war...

You get the disruptor missiles this way.

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Re: ostas plot wants me to deliver 20 disruptormissles within 20 min

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Wed, 9. Jun 10, 22:53

Astramann wrote:of cause this sucks bad, as these missiles are not purchasable.

id sugest to check what missiles the hq may demand and remove these that can not be bought.
Except Disruptor missiles are the only unbuyable missile that the Corporations ask for, all others that a given Corporation ask for are buyable.

AjRyder
x3ap

Post by AjRyder » Wed, 9. Jun 10, 23:22

Astramann wrote:jeah, ok as the mission timer is easy to cheat, i shuld have left out the short timer anyway because we are supposed to cheat?

aside:
the more important point here is that the mission wants me to get missiles that can not be bought or produced.
Go spend some time killing Yaki in their space and they will drop enough of them for you :lol: thats what I do
Star Trek Phase II watch new episodes now at

http://www.startreknewvoyages.com

My computer is fast very very fast ;)

Follow me on Twitter @Formula1Dragon

frickenmoron
x4

Post by frickenmoron » Wed, 9. Jun 10, 23:41

It's faster just to accept and cancel the mission. You will take a minor rep hit, no problem.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 10. Jun 10, 00:05

Getting 20 or so Disruptor missiles isn't really all that hard, if you refrain from firing or selling the ones you find littered about.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

mordtech
x3tc

Post by mordtech » Thu, 10. Jun 10, 00:09

as above... it's obvious really.
split alive!

Bobucles
x3tc

Post by Bobucles » Thu, 10. Jun 10, 00:42

frickenmoron wrote:It's faster just to accept and cancel the mission. You will take a minor rep hit, no problem.
Do this.
If you botch the first mission, they'll never hire you. After that, simply abandon any fetch mission that wants disruptors.
One of the transport mission types will break the quest line if you abandon it. To be safe, do every transport mission to completion. They're easy enough.

sleepy_head
x3tc

Post by sleepy_head » Thu, 10. Jun 10, 00:51

Nanook wrote:Getting 20 or so Disruptor missiles isn't really all that hard, if you refrain from firing or selling the ones you find littered about.
Actually I don't agree with that. I am the sort to obsessively pick up everything that spills out into space, from Banshees to e-cells. I have killed thousands of ships as can be seen in my statistics, and I have less than 50 disruptor missiles in total after all this time. There are 8 corportions and just 3 or 4 missions asking for delivery of disruptor missiles would wipe that out. I think it would be better if the mission would stop asking for missiles that we can't make or produce.

Think about it, if it is a good idea to ask the players to deliver disruptor missiles, why not Sting, or Needle, or Thorn? No, I wouldn't like that either.

To the OP : our only recourse is to just let the mission fail and take a bit of rep loss and hope you don't get too many of these again. Nothing we can do unless we can convince the devs to stop this.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 10. Jun 10, 00:58

sleepy_head wrote:
Nanook wrote:Getting 20 or so Disruptor missiles isn't really all that hard, if you refrain from firing or selling the ones you find littered about.
Actually I don't agree with that. ...
You seem to enjoy disagreeing with almost everything I post, don't you? Where did I go wrong? :P

And I stand by what I said. I have loads of disruptor missiles right now sitting around waiting for me to begin the corporate plots. And I'm friends with the pirates so I didn't kill them for those missiles. Mine have come from mostly killing Xenon, or NPC vs NPC battles. Oh, and I'm only a little over three game days into my current start. I guess you just have inherently bad luck. :mrgreen:

Baddieus
x4

Post by Baddieus » Thu, 10. Jun 10, 01:00

If you hang out in Pirate Alley's (Dana's or Gunne's & surrounding sectors) then you can follow the pirate groups to their eventual encounter with a response fleet & pick-up all their leftovers. If friendly with the pirates and have satellites in those sectors, you can watch for the fleets to get close enough for battle, then jump in and be there for the drops.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 10. Jun 10, 01:06

That's pretty much how I do it, except I have a few loot collection ships constantly on standby, and send them in after the loot drops and I leave the sector. Loot collection OOS is much more efficient than IS. :)

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Thu, 10. Jun 10, 01:09

Once sent a Springblossom to collect a disruptor missile whilst insight. Sat there laughing at it doing crazy circles around it for a good five minutes

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Thu, 10. Jun 10, 01:13

sleepy_head wrote:I have killed thousands of ships as can be seen in my statistics, and I have less than 50 disruptor missiles in total after all this time.
I think you're either unlucky or killing the wrong kind of ships.

I have several hundred stockpiled, and I don't go particularly out of my way to collect them - just a TS running 'Collect All Wares' when it's safe (and I remember).

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”