[TC] The Pros and cons of Destroyers.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Captain CAVEMAN!!!
x3tc

The Pros and cons of Destroyers.

Post by Captain CAVEMAN!!! » Wed, 9. Jun 10, 22:05

I am very experienced in fighting Capitol ships i know where to strike how to flank and the subtle 'blind spots'

However if anyone knows a Pro-Con list or would be willing to make one i would be very interested

Thanks in advance
Captain C

StarTroll
x4

Post by StarTroll » Wed, 9. Jun 10, 22:12

Pro > huge fly swatter, heavily shielded, loads of weapons and energy, perfect for OOS point defence or slow moving patrols, and of course the fun factor, alos good to increase rep while mangaging assests (sitting in a khaak sector with khaaks suicide attacking the M2).

Cons > very slow, sometimes a bit clumsy to turn, not that good in AI hands in sectors with many stations / asteroids,

Well I guess that is most of what I see in M2s (I mainly use my Kraken first, and Ray second)
SCUM : They may exceed you in number, but not in value.

Captain CAVEMAN!!!
x3tc

Post by Captain CAVEMAN!!! » Wed, 9. Jun 10, 22:17

no no :P

I mean like

Ray:
Pros:
Side turrets can fire forwards
Relatively Low Cost
Ion Weapons
ETC

Cons:
Very Large Profile
ETC

StarTroll
x4

Post by StarTroll » Thu, 10. Jun 10, 00:30

Ah okay, I see.
Well I woulddn't be able to help much for ships specifics, since I have only used a Ray, and only for less than an hour an Akuma, which was quite nice by the way. And you gave most of the Ray aspects, hough I don't think of it as a really large ship, and I find not too hard to fly through fire with, and the FAA ID mix is nice.

At least i can say taht the Tyr is a good ship, but really bulky with a laughable cargo space. It has loads of guns, but can't fit all the one you want everywhere due to lack of cargo space, and I find PSP way too slow, be it veloxity, or firing rate.

sleepy_head
x3tc

Post by sleepy_head » Thu, 10. Jun 10, 00:43

I think the only list you need is :

Tyr > all other M2s. :D

dbrowdy
x3tc

Post by dbrowdy » Thu, 10. Jun 10, 00:48

StarTroll wrote:Pro > ... alos good to increase rep while mangaging assests (sitting in a khaak sector with khaaks suicide attacking the M2).
You get race rep for killing khaak in non-race sectors?

Bobucles
x3tc

Post by Bobucles » Thu, 10. Jun 10, 00:49

You're asking for a VERY short guide. All M2 ships are pretty much the same. They have a top and bottom turret for flak weapons, have varying amounts of capital ship weapons on the front/back/sides (They use the same weapons), and have slightly different shield/speed numbers.

StarTroll
x4

Post by StarTroll » Thu, 10. Jun 10, 00:49

Not a really productive list I'd say :wink:
I find Terran weaponry too bland and monochrome, I prefer commonwealth armament, and I think some people think so too, so it might be a good idea to have a comparative list of Pros and Cons for all M2, "not a general this one is the best" kind of list.

Though I have to admit the Tyr is the only ship you don't have to worry about when sending it patroling OOS.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 10. Jun 10, 00:50

dbrowdy wrote:
StarTroll wrote:Pro > ... alos good to increase rep while mangaging assests (sitting in a khaak sector with khaaks suicide attacking the M2).
You get race rep for killing khaak in non-race sectors?
No, only combat rank increases.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

sleepy_head
x3tc

Post by sleepy_head » Thu, 10. Jun 10, 00:53

I've heard stories of people turning the yaki un-hostile by killing lots of khaaks in their sectors. Bad stories?

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 10. Jun 10, 01:03

Yaki sectors are owned by the Yaki, same as Argon own the Argon sectors. Pirates 'control' sectors, but don't 'own' them in the same way. So you get Yaki rep for killing Yaki enemies in Yaki sectors, and you don't get pirate rep for killing pirate enemies in pirate sectors.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Flaming Blastclaw

Post by Flaming Blastclaw » Thu, 10. Jun 10, 03:08

Under player control:
Boreas > *.*

OOS:
Tyr > Osaka > Boreas/Phoenix > Titan/Ray/Odysseus > Python

Under AI control in sector:
Tyr > Osaka > Boreas > Titan/Odysseus/Ray > Python > Phoenix

Pirate ships are generally worse but Xenon ships are quite good in AI hands e.g. an AI Q can kill an AI phoenix without taking a hit and an AI K can kill AI Boreas quite easily too
"It is better to be thought as a fool than to speak and remove all doubt".
Abraham Lincoln

StarTroll
x4

Post by StarTroll » Thu, 10. Jun 10, 03:53

All OOS of course, cause IS the Q is minced by most M2s.

Bobucles :
I wouldn't say so, actually M2s are all different one from another, be it the kind of weapons avaiable, number, energy, profile, speed and shields, I would never be able to say a Phoeniux is the same as a Python.

@dbrowdy :
Yeah sorry for the rep thing, I wanted to say rank, guess I dindn't reread myself.

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Thu, 10. Jun 10, 08:24

Quick M2 review.

Titan : all arounder, cheap, slow, looks a brick
Ray : 24 guns fire front, good IS, very large
Phoenix : good shielding, very slow, huge, ugly
Python : fast, small, poor shielding, no flaks
Odysseus : all arounder, nice looking, PSG, expensive

Boreas : 40 heavy guns, fast, small, good shielding, excel IS, may induce hysteria (NERF NERF NERF)
Brigantine : lots of flak, large, poor shielding, 4 guns front, capture only
Akuma : lots of flak, fast, large, poor shielding, 4 guns front, expensive

Osaka: 48 guns, PSP, large shielding, good OOS, hard to equip, large, ugly
Tyr : 56 guns, PSP, large shielding, fast, nice looking, excel OOS, capture only, hard to equip, limited cargo
Right on commander !

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”