Asteroid respawning

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

kurush
x3tc

Asteroid respawning

Post by kurush » Sat, 12. Jun 10, 08:50

I remember reading somewhere that even if you nuke some of the big asteroids and collect all minerals, they will eventually respawn. Does anybody know how soon do they respawn and would they have the same location/yeild?

Solomon Short
x4

Post by Solomon Short » Sat, 12. Jun 10, 10:25

AIUI they respawn at a random spot in the same sector with a random yeild value, but the same mineral type.

ISTR that it takes 3-5 game days.

But I may well be wrong about some or all of that.

garv222

Post by garv222 » Sat, 12. Jun 10, 11:14

If you collect them in sector, I believe those resources are gone for good. Collecting them out of sector using a remote controlled ship should allow the resources to respawn. However as far as I know, any rocks collected by your ships while you are IS will cause those rocks to be gone for good. For example: constantly visiting a sector will cause those rocks to disappear.

I'm not sure if you collect every single rock if it will cause it to re-spawn, but as far as I know, in TC, it will not.
Duke's Buccaneers... I hate you so much... I am sooo demolishing your HQ when our business is finished....

Solomon Short
x4

Post by Solomon Short » Sat, 12. Jun 10, 13:08

Rocks != Asteroids.

"Rocks" will respawn during OOS collection, but will tend to "aggregate" during IS collection to reduce the framerate hit.

"Asteroids" are the Map objects that you can blow up into "Rocks", & my understanding is that after 3 or so game days they will respawn, though I suspect that this happens whilst you are OOS.

The latter method theoretically allows you to ensure that all asteroids are above a certain minumum yield, as you just set you mobile miners to rubble anything lower, & the respawn has a randomly generated yield, so eventually everything should respawn above that level.

I doubt any Vanilla player is quite that dedicated though, & the rest of us have handy little scripts to use.

OTOH, thats how I understood it to work as of 2.1, it may have changed.

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Sat, 12. Jun 10, 19:19

So I guess now I know why my ships failed to clean up the kha'ak sector 931 of rocks while collecting them remotely. Actually, in sector these rocks do not seem to disappear either. I guess I'll keep testing and I'll also blow some low-yeild roids in the regular sectors.

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sat, 12. Jun 10, 19:31

Respawns aren't a random yield.
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Freeholder
x4

Post by Freeholder » Sun, 13. Jun 10, 01:09

AFAIK the only way to permanently get rid of an asteroid is to build a mine on it.

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Sun, 13. Jun 10, 03:24

Freeholder wrote:AFAIK the only way to permanently get rid of an asteroid is to build a mine on it.
I was thinking about that but then may be I can convert the kha'ak sector into a permanent source of minerals by establishing a huge mining fleet there? And then use those minerals to build a boze complex somewhere else... :roll:

palenaka
x3tc

Post by palenaka » Sun, 13. Jun 10, 04:35

garv222 wrote:Duke's Buccaneers... I hate you so much... I am sooo demolishing your HQ when our business is finished....
What happened? I haven't hacked into their station yet

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”