[TC] Earth

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Freelancer2000

Earth

Post by Freelancer2000 » Sun, 13. Jun 10, 15:14

Pop quiz for everyone who finnished X3 R and TC

In X3 reunion ... the Earth sector is accesible or not?

In X3 terran conflict ... the Earth sector is sudden death always or you have to finish some kind of mission to have acces to it? :D

I`m really curious about the (ENORMOUS TECHNOLOGICAL) ring that surrounds Earth:D wanna see it up close that`s why the questions.

StarTroll
x4

Post by StarTroll » Sun, 13. Jun 10, 15:19

No terran sector avaiable in X3R vanilla.
You need to get the proper ATF access rank to get to the Earth (a.k.a finish the terran plot).
You'll see once you're at its feet, that the Torus is one big baby, but don't get too far out, or you'll be killed by defence forces.
SCUM : They may exceed you in number, but not in value.

Freelancer2000

Post by Freelancer2000 » Sun, 13. Jun 10, 15:20

Don`t get too far out?

'Airstrike' Ivanov
x4

Post by 'Airstrike' Ivanov » Sun, 13. Jun 10, 15:20

You have to obtain clearance from the AGI Task Force in order to access Terran space. It starts with Outer Systems and Asteroid Belt access, all the way through the inner systems to Earth.

The only known way to obtain Earth access without cheating is to complete the Terran Conflict plot - The very last objective is to dock at the Earth Torus.
You can find me here.
Steam Groups: Terran Conflict | Reunion | X2 | X-GOLD | (NEW!) X Rebirth

StarTroll
x4

Post by StarTroll » Sun, 13. Jun 10, 15:22

when you dock at the Torus, don't try to fly further towards the Earth is what I meant, it's really bad for your health. Also it is better to dock manually and not autodock, its a bit messed up because of the huge strucutre.
SCUM : They may exceed you in number, but not in value.

Freelancer2000

Post by Freelancer2000 » Sun, 13. Jun 10, 15:23

So...is the torus Highly detailed everywhere even if you try to go around it around the earth or only in the small part where you can dock?

Etolf
x3tc

Post by Etolf » Sun, 13. Jun 10, 15:40

why not try it yourself? but make sure you have lots of insurance ;)

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 13. Jun 10, 20:32

StarTroll wrote:No terran sector avaiable in X3R vanilla.
Technically you DO visit Earth briefly in vanilla X3R, but it's in a cutscene and you're quite a distance from the planet--probably outside the range of the Torus guns.

Freelancer2000

Post by Freelancer2000 » Sun, 13. Jun 10, 20:34

Well I installed XTM...Is the Torus available in the Earth sector part of it or it`s only in the X3:TC?...

Etolf
x3tc

Post by Etolf » Sun, 13. Jun 10, 20:41

it's only in X3:TC...

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 13. Jun 10, 20:43

Pretty sure it's in X3R with XTM as well, because you're now talking about a modified game--in which case, you need to be asking in the relevant thread in Scripting and Modding.

Freelancer2000

Post by Freelancer2000 » Sun, 13. Jun 10, 20:45

Yeah but if XTM is a mod...and the ideea of X3R didn`t had the models of the Torus or the sector maybe they did it from scratch ... either way i`ll head there to that section:D

Thx 4 The info guys:D ... best community ever:D

And no one answered ... if anyone got there.....is it ALL AROUND THE EARTH highly Detailed?

Shootist
x4

Post by Shootist » Sun, 13. Jun 10, 22:34

Freelancer2000 wrote:Yeah but if XTM is a mod...and the ideea of X3R didn`t had the models of the Torus or the sector maybe they did it from scratch ... either way i`ll head there to that section:D

Thx 4 The info guys:D ... best community ever:D

And no one answered ... if anyone got there.....is it ALL AROUND THE EARTH highly Detailed?
Go forth lad and explore!

jrd417
x3ap

Post by jrd417 » Sun, 13. Jun 10, 23:20

You can get access to earth without doing any plots. All you need to do is be on real good terms with earth military. I did this in a custom game that had no plots in it. I just did a lot of missions for them and built up my access.

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Mon, 14. Jun 10, 00:14

Freelancer2000 wrote: And no one answered ... if anyone got there.....is it ALL AROUND THE EARTH highly Detailed?
No, the whole model is designed so that you only see a nice picture from the area where you are not getting shot. From behind it looks like a piece of unfinished 3D modelling... You can see this in TC in one of the invulnerable ships you can get due to the game glitches.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 14. Jun 10, 22:56

jrd417 wrote:You can get access to earth without doing any plots. All you need to do is be on real good terms with earth military. I did this in a custom game that had no plots in it. I just did a lot of missions for them and built up my access.
This can only be done in the Custom start. And it's the Terran rep you build up. The ATF rep just changes along with it. AFAIK, there are no generic ATF missions.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

palenaka
x3tc

Post by palenaka » Tue, 15. Jun 10, 04:29

Check out cycrow's cheat pack in the script forum. I was horsing around in a Valhalla just blowing up random sector's (i set everyone to enemy heh)

When you show up in Earth, the thing starts killing you. But the cheat pack allows you to just keep reloading your shields so you can fly around and check it out if you want

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tomonor » Wed, 16. Jun 10, 13:47

Xtended mod did not featured the torus shamely (it actually wanted to as a background environment, but for some reason, they didn't release it)

As of the Torus itself, it is one big damned ring around planet earth. However, it's main goal is not yet clear, since X3TC claims that the torus itself was being built a few years ago (and it's still is) while the old fashioned argonopedia fan-base site says that the torus' mainframe was being built in 2063 for trading purposes:
Building of a giant trade complex/metropolitan near longitude 0 is finished. It has two space stations. More than 100 million people are living and working there.

enenra
x4

Post by enenra » Wed, 16. Jun 10, 16:54

repatomonor wrote:Xtended mod did not featured the torus shamely (it actually wanted to as a background environment, but for some reason, they didn't release it)

As of the Torus itself, it is one big damned ring around planet earth. However, it's main goal is not yet clear, since X3TC claims that the torus itself was being built a few years ago (and it's still is) while the old fashioned argonopedia fan-base site says that the torus' mainframe was being built in 2063 for trading purposes:
Building of a giant trade complex/metropolitan near longitude 0 is finished. It has two space stations. More than 100 million people are living and working there.
Argonopedia is referring to something different.

The Torus is a giant station with habitates on it, shipyards, production facilities, etc. etc. and of course also massive defense systems - the main defense for the whole planet.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”