Managing fighter drones

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

kyobi
x3tc

Managing fighter drones

Post by kyobi » Sun, 13. Jun 10, 22:11

I have a panther and I have about 70 fighter drones that I launch for those annoying defense missions where I always do friendly fire damage when I have to kill the m5's. When I was done, I tried to collect all my fighter drones and noticed that I couldn't tell them to dock or go home like I could with my fighters. Is there any way to command them all to dock at once or do I have to collect them and risk blowing a few of them up in the process.

aXeldk
x3tc

Post by aXeldk » Sun, 13. Jun 10, 22:18

Im not sure and havent been able to retrieve my drones either... I think there are one-time usage
Life is difficult for the marine stored in the hold of an unaware player

kyobi
x3tc

Post by kyobi » Sun, 13. Jun 10, 22:23

I could retrieve my drones, but some gets destroyed in the process. I launched 74 and retrieved only 64

Solomon Short
x4

Post by Solomon Short » Sun, 13. Jun 10, 22:50

There are scripts you can use but the vanilla method is shut them down & run them over (like loot).

xaddr

Post by xaddr » Mon, 14. Jun 10, 01:09

i use mod that enables u to pick up loot at 1,5 km if u have transporter device installed. U still have to target each drone and pick them up 1 by 1, but its allot faster.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Mon, 14. Jun 10, 01:39

Solomon Short wrote:There are scripts you can use but the vanilla method is shut them down & run them over (like loot).
Shut them down individually?or is there a method of shutting them down all at once?

Plus I see assorted methods of picking up drones while their energy is exhausting. a) does the energy recharge once aboard ship & b) does it stop exhausting when the 'stop' command is issued?
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Jerald
x4

Post by Jerald » Mon, 14. Jun 10, 02:33

They were designed, pretty much for one time use, and any you can retrieve are actually a bonus .

Laden Swallow
x3tc

Post by Laden Swallow » Mon, 14. Jun 10, 04:07

If your ship has an empty hanger and if there are no enemies in sector (at all, i.e. if there is one in sector but out of radar coverage then no dice), telling the drones to protect said ship will cause them to dock.

kyobi
x3tc

Post by kyobi » Mon, 14. Jun 10, 07:41

oh nice I gotta try that thanks for the tip!

Bobucles
x3tc

Post by Bobucles » Mon, 14. Jun 10, 12:38

Think of drones as missiles with guns on them. Forget them after dropping them.

Gazz's MARS mod creates goblin drones which have vastly altered AI. They're amazingly good, and are worth a try.

efernal
x3tc

Post by efernal » Mon, 14. Jun 10, 20:29

Laden Swallow wrote:If your ship has an empty hanger and if there are no enemies in sector (at all, i.e. if there is one in sector but out of radar coverage then no dice), telling the drones to protect said ship will cause them to dock.
So this will work with a TM? Hmm off i go to try this out..
Those Damn alien bastards are gonna pay for blowing up my ride!
--Duke Nukem 3D

Laden Swallow
x3tc

Post by Laden Swallow » Mon, 14. Jun 10, 20:43

Yes.

The redocking works best out of sector though, since all the fighter drones can then dock at the same time. Just remember the no enemies at all in sector or they won't dock.

efernal
x3tc

Post by efernal » Mon, 14. Jun 10, 21:57

Indeed it does work! Learn something new every day.
Those Damn alien bastards are gonna pay for blowing up my ride!
--Duke Nukem 3D

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”