Red items in Advanced Satellite Best Buy window

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

SoliDeoGloria
x3tc

Red items in Advanced Satellite Best Buy window

Post by SoliDeoGloria » Mon, 14. Jun 10, 00:35

Hello,

I have been installing Adv Sats in several sectors - generally about 25KM above the center of the map.

I notice that many items in the Advanced Satellite Best Buy windows are red - can someone please tell me the significance of the red listings vs. white listings (please see screen cap).

[ external image ]

beckett_p
x3tc

Post by beckett_p » Mon, 14. Jun 10, 00:39

as far as I know red is stuff that you can't buy. Either due to your race rank or the cargo size (S/M/L/XL) of your current ship.

Allan F
x3ap

Post by Allan F » Mon, 14. Jun 10, 01:10

Looks like you're in a M5 which can't take anything but S freight. The Cahoonas are a giveaway.

Jump in a TS and see what happens.
Maverick: Requesting permission for flyby.
Air Boss Johnson: That's a negative ghostrider, the pattern is full.
Goose: No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.
Maverick: Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz a Split.
Split: Split now give you .... Aaaarrriiiigh.

SoliDeoGloria
x3tc

Post by SoliDeoGloria » Mon, 14. Jun 10, 02:03

I'm in a TS (Mercury Hauler) and have been buying and selling Meatsteaks since the beginning of the game - the red goes away when I am physically in the sector - but shows red when I am remotely viewing (via the Satellite).

Catra

Post by Catra » Mon, 14. Jun 10, 02:17

SoliDeoGloria wrote:I'm in a TS (Mercury Hauler) and have been buying and selling Meatsteaks since the beginning of the game - the red goes away when I am physically in the sector - but shows red when I am remotely viewing (via the Satellite).
thats because the satellite itself has a ware class of M, and the game uses the satellites ware class(since youre activating the command via satellite) to determine what to "red out".

SoliDeoGloria
x3tc

Post by SoliDeoGloria » Mon, 14. Jun 10, 16:25

Catra - thanks - that makes sense to me.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”