Graphics card or Game problem?

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

blue fox
x3tc

Graphics card or Game problem?

Post by blue fox » Tue, 15. Jun 10, 16:50

Twice I have started a game over once as a fresh start and another time
a previous saved mod. when I added 2.6 the games ran well, but once I add 2.7 everything seemed smoother and faster for a while anyway.
Then the sceans became chopy and frame rates droped. This was usally after about 2 hours of running.
There have been times I've had to start over becuse frame rates dropped to 1 frame per 5 seconds. I did notice it was at times when I had the valhalla in the same sector. But other times it has been in a largely populated sector.

Card is Pny G-Gorce 9600 512 ddr memory
Cpu is 2.4 Quad core Intel processer
mem 8 gbytes ddr 1666

This may not be enough information but I hope its enough also I have limited use of the internet so I may not be able to reply for a few days. Thank you for any ideas.

Shootist
x4

Re: Graphics card or Game problem?

Post by Shootist » Tue, 15. Jun 10, 16:57

blue fox wrote:Twice I have started a game over once as a fresh start and another time
a previous saved mod. when I added 2.6 the games ran well, but once I add 2.7 everything seemed smoother and faster for a while anyway.
Then the sceans became chopy and frame rates droped. This was usally after about 2 hours of running.
There have been times I've had to start over becuse frame rates dropped to 1 frame per 5 seconds. I did notice it was at times when I had the valhalla in the same sector. But other times it has been in a largely populated sector.

Card is Pny G-Gorce 9600 512 ddr memory
Cpu is 2.4 Quad core Intel processer
mem 8 gbytes ddr 1666

This may not be enough information but I hope its enough also I have limited use of the internet so I may not be able to reply for a few days. Thank you for any ideas.

Please post the information asked for in the sticky. Your issue may be codec or driver related.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 15. Jun 10, 21:31

As well as posting your dxdiag, you should first confirm this issue happens with no third-party scripts or mods present, i.e., 'vanilla'. We can't help in this forum if your game is modified. For help with a modded game, ask in the appropriate script/mod thread(s) in the S&M forum.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Flashand
x4

Post by Flashand » Wed, 16. Jun 10, 22:01

if you are using ATI you will need to run the game on med or low grafix. THis sucks but that is the only thing you can do at this time.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 17. Jun 10, 13:27

@ Flashand: No with a 2.4 GHz cpu the OP should be running well with high graphics for TC 2.7 on ATI with correct driver so there is probably something else going adrift - and maybe with your system too.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”