[TC] Wildfire Missiles?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Damian Swift
x4

Wildfire Missiles?

Post by Damian Swift » Wed, 16. Jun 10, 09:10

I love using wildfire missiles against pesky m4's and m5's ( still new and they are all i am running into during protect convoy missions) but seem to have no factories for them??

How can you get them (apart from loot drops)?

Thanks

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Wed, 16. Jun 10, 09:20

I've found a crate with a small number of wildfires just sitting in the unknown sector 18:10, inside triplex range of the gate if I remember right. That's W-S starting from Gaian Star. Could be some other crates like that scattered around.

Other than that you need to beat them out of your enemies.
[X3] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots
[X3T] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots in Terran Conflict

The mercenary code
There is no right or wrong.
There is no good or evil.
There is only the will of the client, and how much they're paying.

Berserkenstein
x3tc

Post by Berserkenstein » Wed, 16. Jun 10, 10:36

If you like wildfires you should really try hurricanes, they do 4 times as much damage. They are only a little bit slower at 471 m/s as compared to the fireflies 576 m/s but they are homing missiles. Its also funny watching them send ships spinning 8)
I'll see you on the other side!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 16. Jun 10, 13:25

@ Beserkenstein: Wildfires are Free Fire missiles and can be launched whenever and wherever you want and then they look for and home on the enemy targets they find. In comparison Hurricanes can only be fired at a specific target you must first acquire yourself. You can also carry 3 times as many Wildfires as Hurricanes for the same volume.

Berserkenstein
x3tc

Post by Berserkenstein » Wed, 16. Jun 10, 14:04

Really? Whenever I tried to use them they only flew in a straight line and never hit anything. I guess I'll check them out again.
I'll see you on the other side!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 16. Jun 10, 14:20

Not thinking of Firelance are you?

Master of the Blade
x3tc

Post by Master of the Blade » Wed, 16. Jun 10, 17:29

The best way to stockpile Wildfires is to do lots of Xenon invasion missions in Grand exchange/Getsu Fune - Xenon always drop either Wildfires or Banshees, and I think pirates in station defence missions do too. You can get about 30 missiles from a decent mission, sometimes. And that's really handy - I'm lugging around 100 wildfires in my frigate at the moment, in case of fighter swarms.
Allergic to work.

If at first you don't succeed, delegate the job to a minion.

DiveBomberDave
x3

Post by DiveBomberDave » Thu, 17. Jun 10, 03:33

In my main game even pirate M1's & M2's drop wildfires & banshees from side missions, once everything stops dropping E-cells, they will drop 1 of these 2 missiles, I stopped even bothering to get my cleanup crew to gather them i had so many...

But i'm the sort of guy who generally likes to shoot everything & just keep missiles for cap ships....

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”