I am looking for disruptor missles

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

andrewoproiu9
x3tc

I am looking for disruptor missles

Post by andrewoproiu9 » Fri, 18. Jun 10, 00:46

my apologies for such a trivial question, but im starting to go cross eyed looking for the sectors that sell disruptor missles. hopefully i am asking in the right forum, if not, excuse my question please. thanks foo any help

Catra

Post by Catra » Fri, 18. Jun 10, 00:50

disruptor missiles arent sold anywhere.

gotta kill xenon / pirates / yaki for em.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 18. Jun 10, 00:51

Disruptor Missiles cannot be bought anywhere. And there are no factories that produce them. They can only be obtained by loot drops or from captured ships.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

DiveBomberDave
x3

Post by DiveBomberDave » Fri, 18. Jun 10, 03:12

The best way i've found to get them is to hunt wild pirate fighters...

Mission generated pirates never have them...

andrewoproiu9
x3tc

Post by andrewoproiu9 » Fri, 18. Jun 10, 03:21

what about going to a xenon sector and kicking some butt? or should i stick to your suggestion and hang out in a pirate sector for some time.. i need like 17 0f them

andrewoproiu9
x3tc

Post by andrewoproiu9 » Fri, 18. Jun 10, 03:27

just a side question, by doing the other HQ missions, is there an end to them. for example, do they give "prize" once you complete them?

and how do you get Hyperion Vanguard M6.

thanks for all the help btw..

also, is it possible to do s mission, or string of missions, that in the end, you win a home base station, or am i completely off here?

andrewas
x3tc

Post by andrewas » Fri, 18. Jun 10, 04:17

Keep doing corporate missions and your rank with them will improve, they will hand out free ships as you progress, including some unique or very rare ships.

As for the HQ, there is a plot line that will give you one, but it takes a long time to complete. Search the spoilers forum for PHQ if you want details.

andrewoproiu9
x3tc

Post by andrewoproiu9 » Fri, 18. Jun 10, 04:23

thanks for the help. will do

Da-V-Man
x4

Post by Da-V-Man » Fri, 18. Jun 10, 04:44

andrewoproiu9 wrote: and how do you get Hyperion Vanguard M6.
To answer this question, you get one for completing the Posioned Parranid start quest. That start has a unique quest that will allow you to get this ship. Aside from that, the only way to capture a Hyperion Vanguard is to capture one with marines.

Hamakua
x4

Post by Hamakua » Sat, 19. Jun 10, 21:22

Alos OP. Another tip.

If you are ever looking for a specific item, ship, factory, or ship upgrade, amongst many other things, you can find them in your "in game" encyclopedia.

I don't recall how to get there through menu surfing, but you can bind a key if you go into game play >controls (I think) I usually bind "?" as it served a similar function in sim city.

The encyclopedia is immensely useful and is a very underrated addition to the game.

andrewoproiu9
x3tc

Post by andrewoproiu9 » Sat, 19. Jun 10, 22:28

how funny is that op pronounced opee is my nickname from some of my best friends. lol thought id share that, as it has nothing to do with the game.. which might i add, ROCKS!! anyways, ive never used the encyclopedia, so im sure im in for a pleseant surprise! thanks for the tip, and thanks for all the help..

and i was thinking about a few mods, i know, this isnt the forum for mods. however just sharing a thought, some mods i was thinking of was the one for semi-auto missle fire and the one for improved capping.. ill go to the mods forum for direction on these mods. but thanks for the help again

MadGizmo
xr

Post by MadGizmo » Sun, 20. Jun 10, 12:08

If you are going to use scripts/mods then you can also install the Cheat Package. It can do great things... Like create a working Disruptor factory (which you can also add to a complex).

This is how it goes: You can either buy any missile fab or cheat a non-working Disruptor factory in (those are in the game and accessible by the cheat package). That last fab produces Wheat (for some reason) by default and is not using the correct resources. But it does have a voiced Disruptor fab description. Hehe. Anyway... No matter which one you use, you can remove the products and the resources from the fab and replace them by the ones you want. My disruptor fab is now producing disruptor missiles (duh) and is using energy cells, ore and BoFu (I figured the Boron had something to do with disruptor tech, hehe). The game will then handle the fab as any regular fab. It works great. ;)

andrewoproiu9
x3tc

Post by andrewoproiu9 » Sun, 20. Jun 10, 20:15

thank you for the pointer, big help!!

a couple questions. for now the only mods i am going to use are the menagerie shipyard, also the mod that adds ATF ships and other rare ones in terran space, ie the moon, and the last i was going to add for now, was the one that enables you to jump in those sectors, ie the terran ones you cant jump around in, in the vanilla game..

what are your thoughts on using this trio ??

Also, I am not great with computers mods and scripts.. so whats the difference b/w mods and scripts. and more importantly how do you use them.. I can enable the script editor, but im lost from there..

so far my trials include.... I went to the menagerie site and downloaded what i thought was the correct file, and then i copy and pasted in the x3tc folder, the file i copied was a folder with two folders in it labeled "directory' and"t" ...

sorry for being so complicated, but im not good with this stuff, yet!! fast learner though! so can you help me here, or.............

MadGizmo
xr

Post by MadGizmo » Sun, 20. Jun 10, 22:20

Look in the X3 folder. You'll find the t and scripts folder there too. So, the stuff you can download follows the same structure. If the zipped file contains a t folder than the stuff in there should go into the X3 t folder. Same for scripts etc. Every script has it's own thread on this forum. You can ask script specific installation questions there. Have fun.

Scripts and Modding forum.

Community Script & Mod Download Library for X3: Terran Conflict.

Edit: About the scripts you mentioned. I don't use all scripts, obviously. It's a matter of taste. Look at their threads on the forum. You'll soon find out if people like it or not. Or if they have problems. Also, look at the date of the posts. Some of those problems may be fixed later on. :)

Scripts are additions to the game and fairly safe to use. Mods are modifications to Egosoft's original stuff. Mods are a bit trickier to install and when Egosoft comes with a new patch they may overwrite the modification. You find more info about those in that forum.
Last edited by MadGizmo on Sun, 20. Jun 10, 22:30, edited 1 time in total.

andrewoproiu9
x3tc

Post by andrewoproiu9 » Sun, 20. Jun 10, 22:27

Thanks for the advice, will do!!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”