X3 Reunion Mission confused. setting up mine in paranid

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Sittingdingo
x3tc

X3 Reunion Mission confused. setting up mine in paranid

Post by Sittingdingo » Tue, 22. Jun 10, 14:18

G'day all,

During storyline, Ive progress to where I have been given exception status to flying in Paranid space to set up a mine. Problem is, Im unsure of whats going on.
The last mission I received talking to the 2 eyed Paranid advsing me 'Unholy one...overseeing mining preocedure currently loading the Mine into out ship & shall leave fir the destination shortly' So I jump over to Paranid Prime, find the cargo transporter. Trouble is I dont know what I should be doing now, Ive tried com'g the transporter, no info relating to sotryline given, ive gone back to 2 eyes he dont wanna know me, Ive tried going away and doing other things in space for a bit in the hope I might get a reminder of what I should be doing, Ive tried getting info from station around Paranid Prime,,
So could someone pls advise what exactly Im meant to be doing to get back onto track storyline wise
ty

Allan F
x3ap

Post by Allan F » Tue, 22. Jun 10, 14:21

Wait until the transport drops your mine. It could be a while - don't remember how far it had to travel.

Leave the paranid be until you get a mission update telling you to come back.
Maverick: Requesting permission for flyby.
Air Boss Johnson: That's a negative ghostrider, the pattern is full.
Goose: No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.
Maverick: Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz a Split.
Split: Split now give you .... Aaaarrriiiigh.

Sittingdingo
x3tc

Post by Sittingdingo » Tue, 22. Jun 10, 15:30

Alls the transport it doing is cutting laps of Paranid Prime.
Seems out of character for the game not to storyline prompt for more than 5 hours,,all other similar storyline delays have been far ,,far less.

PLUS there are no astroids to be mined in paranid prime,,Ive overlooked or missed something im sure.
It *is* poaranid prime its to be set up in yes? I dont have to order the transport to another system that has mines,,y/n?

Allan F
x3ap

Post by Allan F » Tue, 22. Jun 10, 15:40

As long as you are in system, collision detection can mess things up. It is not in Paranid Prime. And you can't order it to do anything. It will sort itself out in due time.
Maverick: Requesting permission for flyby.
Air Boss Johnson: That's a negative ghostrider, the pattern is full.
Goose: No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.
Maverick: Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz a Split.
Split: Split now give you .... Aaaarrriiiigh.

Sittingdingo
x3tc

Post by Sittingdingo » Tue, 22. Jun 10, 15:53

So in effect one the two eyed paranid says he will do it,,I dont have to do anything? I dont have to go see the tranport, tell it where to go,,meet it, at some system outside paranid?,,its been 3-5hrs gametime now,,,mostly spent outside Paranid prime,,
ty

Threesixtyci
x4

Post by Threesixtyci » Tue, 22. Jun 10, 18:44

Um, nope. It does it all on it's own...

And it picked something like a 1 yield Asteroid, as well, In Priest Rings, I think. Or at least it did that last time/first time, I did the storyline. You didn't happen to destroy any Asteroids there? Could be that you have to wait until it re spawns or something?

Sittingdingo
x3tc

Post by Sittingdingo » Wed, 23. Jun 10, 13:37

Nah pretty confident I didnt destroy no asteriods in that area.
1 yeild asteroid,,,stingy 2 eyed paranid Bastard.
Roamed around preist rings, odysues carrior is doing the same as it was back in Prime, circling like seagull. Or is it just another transport for the region & they are all named the same,,will check between systems
Another 2 hours gameplay down destroying some unrelated massive ship, which somehow I accidently 'fell' into it. Yes In.. Side.. It. Great attack method if I could perfect it. Sadly didnt know how to get a screenshot. Unfortunately I couldnt get further than 3/4 outside it then Kaboom! And had no energy cells for Jump,,ack.
Anyways shall see what another few hours tracking pirates & trading brings me

Threesixtyci
x4

Post by Threesixtyci » Wed, 23. Jun 10, 21:34

I don't remember it taking hours, though.... it was closer to 20 minutes.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 23. Jun 10, 21:45

I remember hours. Many hours. But I had plenty of other things to do while that two-eyed Paranid was bumbling around. He actually spent most of the time sitting near the asteroid the mine was supposed to go on, doing the Pontifex Maximus knows what. :roll:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Sittingdingo
x3tc

Post by Sittingdingo » Thu, 24. Jun 10, 04:33

Finally!

Just when I was contemplating terrible thoughts, the mine has been built!

My estimate is that it took apx 6-9 hours gameplay (without any revert to old saves etc )

Thank you all again for the assistance & advice

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”