Mines,rocks and towing plus some other questions

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

cattafett
x3tc

Mines,rocks and towing plus some other questions

Post by cattafett » Thu, 24. Jun 10, 15:30

1 i'm building a crystal fab complex in ore belt using all the silicon rocks of 26 and
above and i'm bored out of my mind and i've only moved 7 of the 15 odd mines out of the belt as it were and over to the NE corner of the sector ready to be placed in the complex is there any way to make an AI controled ship to tow or is it for the player ship only

2 theres this ore rock right where i want to put my complex if i mobile mine it will it respawn elsewhere or do i need to fork out for the mine to get rid of it

3 how to weapon switch is there a trick to switching weapons in turrets.
I'm in my M2 flying through Xenon space so to my mind it's your problem if you get caught in the flak, but when I'm just south of the North gate in blackhole sun popping the Xenon heads off as they poke it through the gate is there a simple way to change the flak/Ion d turrets to something without press G scroll down press right scroll down or should i just use two ships one with cap ship and area weapons and one without

4 what do you use to collect cargo containers
in a M3/6 its easy to go back and pick up the crates that are droped but in a larger ship i can't be assed and i'm starting to miss the mars drones so i'm thinking
option 1 a yaki TM option 2 a Falcon haler or option 3 a Split or Otas ts
just looking for something that won't fly round in circles trying to pick up a crate and not get taken out by a Xenon M5

thanks for your answers

catta
those UFOs you hear about are just what you tried to explaine to me going over my head
Advanced Complex-Hub you know you need it Catta Fett's D.O.G.S Vanilla safe mod collectionyou don't need them but you want them
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Mof

Post by Bill Huntington » Thu, 24. Jun 10, 17:24

Cattafett, here are some answers:

1. player only.

2. why not put a mine on it and include it in your complex? Mobile mining it can take a long time, and the small asteroids could cause some problems.

3. you could use the number keys with a turret and have different set ups on different keys. Obviously, you wouldn't have your turret full strength that way.

4. Many ships, even TS, accept the Collect Wares command, and could collect for you.

Also, you really don't need to tow asteroids in Mines of Fortune. You can connect them to a distance of 20 km. You start with the farthest one, and build toward your complex. Attach the whole thing when ready. I used most of the big asteroids in MOF in a monster complex and didn't tow one. I wanted fast access to my complex, so I located it close to a gate, but not right next to it. A number of threads explain this in more detail.

When you are strong enough, it is easier to take and hold Xenon 472 than it is to block the gates, in my experience. The others are different, but X472 is practical and do-able.

Good Luck.

Good Luck.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”