X-Tension help with split pls

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mattleic

X-Tension help with split pls

Post by mattleic » Thu, 24. Jun 10, 16:53

Hi, can someone help me please?
I am chums with Argon, Boron & Teladi (have police license with each if that makes any diff) but want to start trading with the split (want access to their shipyards & factories) I am currently rated as split enemy 8% (this went down from 99% very rapidly as I destroyed a number of paranids but hasn't moved at all for ages) the questions are:
Am I right to assume enemy of split 8% means i'm nearly their friend?
If so how do I get into bed with them properly? I have destroyed a number of pirates in their sectors but this figure starts to creep up when I kill pirates!!!!
Also,
Split or paranids, to be friends with either who do I have to upset?
does setting my friend foe status alter this (currently only have pirates & xenon as foe)..?
Getting bit frustrated as need to open up trade with either split or paranid.
Any help would be gratefully rec'd.
Matt

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 24. Jun 10, 17:01

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Gaining rep

Post by Bill Huntington » Thu, 24. Jun 10, 17:04

Mattleic, I have found that taking missions from them moves you up in rank the fastest, so that you have full status with them at some point. But if you are enemy, you don't get missions, right? At least in their territory.

So you start by taking missions from them outside their territory. You can recognize them by their name and face. After some missions, you get missions from them in their territory, but not their core. Then the core. If you have a TL, build missions are one of the best, but take anything. Avoid killing other major races if you can, but you have to start somewhere.

Good Luck.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

Dantrithor
x3tc

Post by Dantrithor » Thu, 24. Jun 10, 21:53

Everyone take into consideration he's talking about X-Tension.

In X-Tension you can not get missions other than docking in the stations, AND if you do not have docking privileges, you will not have them in ANY station of that race, no matter what is it's location.

Now...

mattleic: Your best bet is to go to one sector with a pirate base on it in that race sector... and shoot at it a bit. It'll soon spit out a real bunch of fighters (M5-M3) for you to kill. Check the station landed ships, just in case it does not have any on it for any odd reason. You can also attack:

- Boron in Split space. Will drop boron rep, will raise Split rep.
- Argon in Paranid space. Will drop Argon rep, will raise Paranid rep.

The pirate control approach is much better though. You can also kill the odd Xenon patrol too.

Allan F
x3ap

Post by Allan F » Thu, 24. Jun 10, 22:47

Or just drop a Teladianium factory somewhere deep in Split Territory, with a transport set to buy e-cells. Then go do something else for an hour or two, and you're able to land wherever you want.
Maverick: Requesting permission for flyby.
Air Boss Johnson: That's a negative ghostrider, the pattern is full.
Goose: No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.
Maverick: Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz a Split.
Split: Split now give you .... Aaaarrriiiigh.

mattleic

Post by mattleic » Fri, 25. Jun 10, 12:21

I find this all very confusing :)
my staus with split is currently "enemy of split 8%"
does this mean i need to get to 100% before I'm accepted? or I need to get down to 0% to be accepted?
Yes, you're right about accepting missions from split as I can't dock at their factories to deliver goods from said mission!
I stuck around in split space and popped a few borons, my rating with boron dropped very fast to a low number and my rep with split was just the same so I risk upsetting Boron & getting no where with split..!
The main reason I want to be chums with the split is because I want a 25mw factory (I currently own 1mw, 5mw & 125mw) so if there's any suggestions on this I'd be gratefull.
Also, I had a freight beamer but foolishly lost it (think I transported it onto another of my ships by mistake, now it's gone!), does anyone know where I can find one to buy without looking for a ship with it installed to cap???
Thanks people :)

Dantrithor
x3tc

Post by Dantrithor » Fri, 25. Jun 10, 12:39

Your % has to go up to 100% to advance to the next ("more positive") rank. Once it drops below 0% you will be "worse enemy than before 99%".

Example:

You are split creature 0%. You shoot a split transport, you'll be (i don't remember ranks, apologies..) "split enemy 99%"

You are split creature 99%. You shoot a pirate, you'll be "Split friendly creature 1%"

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 25. Jun 10, 19:50

mattleic wrote:...
Also, I had a freight beamer but foolishly lost it (think I transported it onto another of my ships by mistake, now it's gone!), does anyone know where I can find one to buy without looking for a ship with it installed to cap???
Thanks people :)
Unless you sold or otherwise lost the ship you beamed it to, you should be able to find it and get it back. All you need to do is get within 5 km of that ship and use the transporter device to beam itself to you. And where did you get the first one? Have you not found the Goner Temple?
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

nicknick

Post by nicknick » Fri, 25. Jun 10, 20:41

trading
missions
pirate hunting

will get rep back on track.
Dantrithor wrote: In X-Tension you can not get missions other than docking in the stations, AND if you do not have docking privileges, you will not have them in ANY station of that race, no matter what is it's location.
In XT you can get missions w/o docking, but thats beside the point. Which is that pirate bases are property of sector race. Which means that no matter relation level, it is possible to do things with them, namely in Pirate Bases. Complete one mission for the PB and suddenly the Split like you. Very easy.

Camping PB works too, but that has irreversable consequences.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”