Ion Cannon - possible bug

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Eriru Drourojj
x4

Ion Cannon - possible bug

Post by Eriru Drourojj » Thu, 24. Jun 10, 21:32

i'm playing ver.2.7.1 vanilla,
Spoiler
Show
whilst doing the goner plot had to rescue their ship the truelight seeker by boarding it, found the ship later on in my ships inventory, no complaints it can take pretty much any weapon, later i loaded it with a couple of ion cannons to go hunting with for fun and i find that i can charge them to do more damage but when i do so they will only fire in the direction i started charging them in if the target ship moves and i follow the projectile energy obviously doesn't go in that direction it follows the originally intended target path.
:?
Ever since man first left his cave and met a stranger with a different language and a new way of looking at things, the human race has had a dream, to kill him so we don't have to learn his language or his new way of looking at things!!! - Zap Brannigan

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 24. Jun 10, 21:46

Known targetting issue with any charged weapons. Use that type of attack on static/slow, head-on approaching or retreating targets. Otherwise turn full auto-aim off and judge the necessary target lead yourself.

Eriru Drourojj
x4

Post by Eriru Drourojj » Fri, 25. Jun 10, 10:34

ok thanks for the reply Alan, anyone know if it's an issue that's being looked into at all :?
Ever since man first left his cave and met a stranger with a different language and a new way of looking at things, the human race has had a dream, to kill him so we don't have to learn his language or his new way of looking at things!!! - Zap Brannigan

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 25. Jun 10, 13:10

I would not have thought so, because the targetting alogorithms are mainly used for AI turret weapons and the AI does not charge weapons. Anyway, you are the targetting computer when you opt to be behind the guns and displace the AI, so quite properly you should do the work. Semi - auto-target should tell you most of what you need to know for charged weapons.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”