System Override Software, Lottery, assigning frieghters (x3 Reunion)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Sittingdingo
x3tc

System Override Software, Lottery, assigning frieghters (x3 Reunion)

Post by Sittingdingo » Fri, 25. Jun 10, 14:24

G'day all :)

Few questions,

1) The system override software for 600k,,what does it do? I dont get any voice description anytime I look at it
2) Has anyone ever won the lottery? Is it winnable? odds?
3) Havent really looked into too much as yet so pls excuse ignorance, but do I need to buy certain software for a freighter to assign it to my mining complex?

Cheers

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Fri, 25. Jun 10, 14:36

1) It lets you claim abandoned ships without leaving your ship. Its illegal tho, so police will not like you if they find it.

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Fri, 25. Jun 10, 14:40

(one answer per person? alrighty then :p)

2) ahem !
X3:TC/AP Pirate Guild 3 - Yaki Armada 2 - Anarkis Defense System

Anarkis Gaming HQ
Independent Game Development
X3 Scripting and Modding Station

Allan F
x3ap

Post by Allan F » Fri, 25. Jun 10, 15:38

2: No, No and Zero.

3: That depends on what you want it to do.
Maverick: Requesting permission for flyby.
Air Boss Johnson: That's a negative ghostrider, the pattern is full.
Goose: No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.
Maverick: Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz a Split.
Split: Split now give you .... Aaaarrriiiigh.

Sittingdingo
x3tc

Post by Sittingdingo » Fri, 25. Jun 10, 16:09

lol

As to the frieghters I want to make my Ore mine so its self supporting by collecting resources (energy cells ) & hauling them back to base.

SayuNowi
x3tc

Post by SayuNowi » Fri, 25. Jun 10, 16:53

1) Claim ships without spacewalking.

You need scrambler software or you will have a short life.

Since its illegal.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 25. Jun 10, 19:38

Allan F wrote:2: No, No and Zero...
Wrong, wrong and wrong! :P

Or,

2) Me, Yes, and Low. :mrgreen:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

killakanz
x3

Post by killakanz » Fri, 25. Jun 10, 19:46

Nanook wrote:
Allan F wrote:2: No, No and Zero...
Wrong, wrong and wrong! :P

Or,

2) Me, Yes, and Low. :mrgreen:
Really? How did you get the 50 billion jackpot to fit in your 2 billion capped account?
"My strategy is so simple an idiot could have devised it. On my command, all ships will line up and file directly into the alien death cannons, clogging them with wreckage!" - Zapp Brannigan.

"Ah! Comets! The Icebergs of the sky. By jackknifing off one after the other at breakneck speed, we can create a gravity boost or something. Divert power from the shields! Full speed ahead!" - Zapp Brannigan

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 25. Jun 10, 19:53

You don't get the whole thing. What happens is you match a subset of the numbers and get winnings based on how many numbers match. In my case, I remember winning at least twice, once for ~250K and another for a whopping 2500 credits, the cost of one ticket.

I've got screenshots archived on some old hard drive or CD. If I have the time, I'll see if I can find them. :)
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

killakanz
x3

Post by killakanz » Fri, 25. Jun 10, 19:55

Wow. Sounds really worthwhile. :roll:

Like someone once said, the lottery is a tax on the stupid. :p
"My strategy is so simple an idiot could have devised it. On my command, all ships will line up and file directly into the alien death cannons, clogging them with wreckage!" - Zapp Brannigan.

"Ah! Comets! The Icebergs of the sky. By jackknifing off one after the other at breakneck speed, we can create a gravity boost or something. Divert power from the shields! Full speed ahead!" - Zapp Brannigan

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 25. Jun 10, 19:59

Or on those with too much money to burn. :mrgreen:

While it wasn't really very lucrative, it added a lot to the atmosphere of the game, IMO. I miss it. :(

Sittingdingo
x3tc

Post by Sittingdingo » Sat, 26. Jun 10, 05:32

Thanks all for the replies,

to rehash,,
As to the frieghters I want to make my Ore mine so its self supporting by collecting resources (energy cells ) & hauling them back to base.

Would I require special software in the frieghter itself to tag it to my station to perform the above function?

Allan F
x3ap

Post by Allan F » Sat, 26. Jun 10, 07:08

The lottery is just fluff. It has no real substance, so I never played it.

The freigthers need Trade Command Mk1 and Mk2 to use "Buy for best price"-command.

It's different in X3TC.
Maverick: Requesting permission for flyby.
Air Boss Johnson: That's a negative ghostrider, the pattern is full.
Goose: No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.
Maverick: Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz a Split.
Split: Split now give you .... Aaaarrriiiigh.

andrewas
x3tc

Post by andrewas » Sat, 26. Jun 10, 15:05

Sittingdingo wrote: Would I require special software in the frieghter itself to tag it to my station to perform the above function?
Depends on how well you want it to work. With the trade cmd MK2 software and only the scripts which come with the game, you can use 'buy ware for best price', tell it to buy ecells, and it will fly off and buy ecells until further notice.

However, you are strongly advised to install the bonus pack and use the Commercial Agent script - X3R does not have an autojump function, so the stock freighter scripts will not use the jumpdrive. CAG will and can be many times more efficient. Also, CAG can handle multiple wares, a single high-level CAG attached to an ore mine can bring in the ecells to keep it running as well as sell the ore.

To do this with stock scripts would require at least two freighters, possibly more given that they would not use the jumpdrive. Also the stations trading range would be limited, both by the tendency of non-jumping traders to thrash between deals they can never get to in time, and the need to avoid including dangerous sectors in the stations jump range when using the basic scripts.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”