[XT]Q for the old schoolers, paranid fabs are the best?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

nicknick

[XT]Q for the old schoolers, paranid fabs are the best?

Post by nicknick » Fri, 25. Jun 10, 17:49

I was looking over data and couldnt help but notice that you get the most profitss from paranid factories. They get the most discount for food cost tweaking. So while equal at average prices, they really start to differ if minmaxed.

So say, a boron computer plant can generate 57k cr/h, and a paranid one 71k cr/h. Thats 25% difference in profit just from choosing proper origin. Should apply to every other X game too, provided they use food for fabs. lol.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [XT]Q for the old schoolers, paranid fabs are the best?

Post by Nanook » Fri, 25. Jun 10, 19:31

nicknick wrote:.. Should apply to every other X game too, provided they use food for fabs. lol.
Doubtful, since prices have been tweaked many times throughout the development of the various games. For example, it's generally recognized that Boron now hold that position in TC.

Of course, that's all irrelevant if you create closed loops or self sufficient complexes. Then it's just the initial cost of the factories that makes a difference since in these cases all the products are produced for 'free'.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

nicknick

Post by nicknick » Fri, 25. Jun 10, 20:07

Boron, eh. Dont like self sufficient loops. It either blows things really out of proportion, or worse, profitwise, than just placing the same number of main fabs in proper places. Unless we are talking 100's of fabs. But well, yeah..

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Fri, 25. Jun 10, 20:54

nicknick wrote:Boron, eh. Dont like self sufficient loops. It either blows things really out of proportion, or worse, profitwise, than just placing the same number of main fabs in proper places. Unless we are talking 100's of fabs. But well, yeah..
Yeah, the advantage of closed loops is that you only have half the ships (which means half the losses) but they're not great from a profit perspective.
"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to use my telephone" — Bjarne Stroustrup

Forcy
x4

Post by Forcy » Sat, 26. Jun 10, 00:58

It's so easy to make money from missions that that translates into really huge complexes without to much effort. I'd say that just to reduce the amount of work involved complexes are worth it

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sat, 26. Jun 10, 09:53

If your complex produces things everyone wants,like weed/fuel or 1mj shields,they can make a big difference to your credits and reps.

Rapier
x3tc

Re: [XT]Q for the old schoolers, paranid fabs are the best?

Post by Rapier » Sat, 26. Jun 10, 10:22

Nanook wrote:
nicknick wrote:.. Should apply to every other X game too, provided they use food for fabs. lol.
Doubtful, since prices have been tweaked many times throughout the development of the various games. For example, it's generally recognized that Boron now hold that position in TC.
It's not recognised by me. The min-max ranges for the Argon, Split and Paranaid have always been about the same, with the Teladi having a bigger range and the Boron smaller. The smaller range means less potential for profit. What I have noticed in TC is that the distribution of Boron goods is worse than the other races, meaning that it's easier to find the min and max pices.
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

nicknick

Post by nicknick » Sat, 26. Jun 10, 16:07

Some numbers

Code: Select all

Boron Chip Plant:
(20bofu/480sek)*3600=150bofu/h
If Bofu=average then drain=150*288cr=   43200 cr/h
If Bofu=min     then drain=150*260cr=   39000 cr/h

Paranid Chip Plant:
(16husk/480sek)*3600=120husk/h
If Husk=average then drain=120*364cr=   43680 cr/h
If Husk=min     then drain=120*210cr=   25200 cr/h
Results in Paranid microchips being 29% more cost effective. Should be interesting to see the chart for all X games. Though the Boron are def the worst in XT. Must be that drug addition... :!: :)

XT- Paranid
X3TC- Boron?

Kitty
x3tc

Post by Kitty » Sat, 26. Jun 10, 17:36

The raw earning doe mean little. These factories have different costs...

Code: Select all

Paranid chip plant : 6 778 056
Boron chip plant   : 5 012 124
That means that if you use a paranid plant you'll get more money, but if you use the boron plant, you'll have saved more oney to install another plant quickly.

The right way to count is the Internal Revenue Rate, which is complex. But a good approximation is the Return On Investment: the time you need to be reimbursed of your investment. Divide the total cost of your installation by the net profit per hour. The lesser the better.

CLosed loops are efficient at this because you need no TS for them, and you know how expensive may be a TS in a dangerous world (not counting the life expectancy...).

Edit: the quoted prices are for X3TC.

nicknick

Post by nicknick » Sat, 26. Jun 10, 19:07

Ah, but Fab income is not the only source of money. One can and will get sufficient income from missions and captures to the point that variances in FabROI dont play any role, unless they are absurdly high. (Speaking specifically about XT, more or less useful fabs cost more or less the same there, but its still a good point)

Its strange btw to see talk about ROI and loop efficiency, which requires massive investments to get started. In fact its even neither, poor ROI and poor profit, but its spammable... Thus also here, in my opinion ROI is of no importance. I go for the best profit.

Kitty
x3tc

Post by Kitty » Sat, 26. Jun 10, 20:26

Indeed, missions get many money, and traders still more than many factories.

The fact is that you cannot duplicate yourself. When your possessions increase, all the money that you don't need to invest in your personal ship is dying if you don't use it to invest in profitable activities.
The next question is "where will I invest to have the best profit ?".

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sat, 26. Jun 10, 20:35

Kitty wrote:Indeed, missions get many money, and traders still more than many factories.

The fact is that you cannot duplicate yourself. When your possessions increase, all the money that you don't need to invest in your personal ship is dying if you don't use it to invest in profitable activities.
The next question is "where will I invest to have the best profit ?".
Many would say Booze/weed. others say High Tech Goods.

I don't play for max profit,so I cannot really add to this.But silicon can be lucrative ...and nividium...well if you want to be a billionaire over night. :D

nicknick

Post by nicknick » Sat, 26. Jun 10, 22:06

The most profitable Fab in XT is the.. Teladi Mosquito missile factory* with 77k cr/h (Paranid not allowed to build that). Sadly the customer market for that is limited. The most profitable mass fab is the Paranid Computer plant with 71k. (ROI of 9 hours if minmaxed.) Booze is 44k weed is 39k, and limited market as well.. meh. Then again High Tech needs supplies. Supplies which could be sold instead. Questions questions, thats what makes X fun heh.

Then again, with closed loops thats all irrelevant. Reason why i stay the hell away from them. Or maybe im missing the limiting factor in X3, because there sure isnt any realistic one in XT 2.1a to prevent simply spamming looped fabs to gain near unlimited profit.

*edit i didnt bother calculating SPP...

Pat the Cat

Post by Pat the Cat » Mon, 28. Jun 10, 16:34

Here's my 0.02 - startup costs have been covered, but things like material costs, running costs, are maybe most relevant.

If a plant needs Soja Husk, then it helps to have a Soyery, or buy from produces. Soja husk only needs beans.

If a plant needs Nostrop Oil though, then having a Sun Oil refinery is the way to go. Expensive to begin with though. But the running costs are the least - sunflowers are usually way cheaper than Argu or Soya Beans or Chelt or Bio Gas.

Nostrop is the cheapest raw material, of the 5 food types. But you can only build so much with it.

So if a weapon system idea came from Teladi space, then the factory (whoever makes it) will need Nostrop. Likewise, Soja husk or Bofu or Meatsteak cahoonas etc... but Nostrop just edges out in the "cheapest to produce" raw material.

Think about it. Which race are known as the sneakiest, most obsessed with trade? :idea:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”