[TC] Finished the goner plot, now what?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

MasterOfThessus
x3ap

Finished the goner plot, now what?

Post by MasterOfThessus » Sun, 27. Jun 10, 01:25

Hello all, this is my first post so please be kind :)

I've just finished the goner plot on my first play, and I'd like some advice on what to do now.

Assets:
1 vidar
3 m3's
1 TM
1 M7M (from the terran plot)
10 or so marines from the terran plot, with some extra training
1 TP
2 M5
some TS
1 shield fab
Trade rank: Can't remember, around average
Fight rank: Master Chief
Credits: 25 mil or so

As it is now I'm a bit bored of the plots, but I'm afraid OFF will be to hard if I wait to long. What do you think?

Since I've read the epic tales of N-S I'm looking into bording, and I'd love a nice M7 or M7M, would it be possible with my 'skills' and assets?

Anything else that could be fun?

I'd like to thank you in advice, and I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place or something. :)

kgkosio
x4

Post by kgkosio » Sun, 27. Jun 10, 02:39

I am going to assume the M7M from the Terran plot is actually a M8.

I should be possible to capture a M7M depending on the Fight skills of your marines.

If you want to use a M7M you will need to build a missile complex for the Flails and Hammerhead missiles. ( you will never be able to buy enough)
I built a small self sufficient complex for a mere 172+ million credits.

There are other plots available. You did not state your race ranks, so they might need improving.
Fan of the save game manager by badger
Best Steam DiD death: Fly into a TL repeatatly while repairing it

AusSkiller
x3tc

Post by AusSkiller » Sun, 27. Jun 10, 06:23

OFF missions are quite doable in just a fully outfitted vidar... well except the very last one. Just make sure to set your turrets to attack enemies and equip the vidar with lots of poltergeist missiles to take out all those pesky scouts, and if you use the bonus pack a turbo booster MK1 helps alot too.

When fighting large numbers of Kha'ak in the vidar take out the M3s first, then M4s and the scouts last since the scouts barely hurt your 1gj of shields, but the fighters can quickly take it town if you don't pay attention. Also as you approach the kha'ak (6km-3km) fire off some poltergeists at the scouts it should severely lessen the number of scouts and also distract the kha'ak ships.

Happy hunting ;)

froger
x4

Post by froger » Sun, 27. Jun 10, 06:33

thats all load of bull you cant take out the kha,ka staion and i am quit um skilled in destruken by the way fight rank is assasin :)

Retiredman
x3ap

Post by Retiredman » Sun, 27. Jun 10, 06:45

If you use a Vidar in the last OFF mission, use the wraigt missles.
They do a real number on those guardians.(plus you can carry a whole bunch of them) But be careful and not be close to a scout when launching. The scouts tend to shoot a the missles and you take damage from them if your too close..

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Sun, 27. Jun 10, 06:47

froger wrote:thats all load of bull you cant take out the kha,ka staion and i am quit um skilled in destruken by the way fight rank is assasin :)
Not a load of bull. Granted what the Fight rank of the player is can be a deciding factor but it's doable. Particularly if you know your ship and how to fight with it (esp. dogfighting), you can do just about anything, X3:R players know what I'm talking about. It's all about knowing the strengths of your ship and capitalizing on it, likewise with any weaknesses the ship has and what its limits are.

And this is coming from someone who's had a Fight rank of Hero.

dillpickle
x3tc

Post by dillpickle » Sun, 27. Jun 10, 07:25

Deadbeat_Spinn wrote:
froger wrote:thats all load of bull you cant take out the kha,ka staion and i am quit um skilled in destruken by the way fight rank is assasin :)
Not a load of bull. Granted what the Fight rank of the player is can be a deciding factor but it's doable. Particularly if you know your ship and how to fight with it (esp. dogfighting), you can do just about anything, X3:R players know what I'm talking about. It's all about knowing the strengths of your ship and capitalizing on it, likewise with any weaknesses the ship has and what its limits are.

And this is coming from someone who's had a Fight rank of Hero.
Have to agree with this.

Apart from the initial mission in Black Hole Sun, I have just completed FF flying solo in a Hyperion Vanguard - this was at Xtreme fight rank.

AusSkiller
x3tc

Post by AusSkiller » Sun, 27. Jun 10, 13:31

You can, it's very easy... it just takes like 5min of non stop shooting to do it... of course you can't actually shoot at it non-stop though since you need to occasionally deal with the kha'ak that spawn in... and the shields on the station regen a bit while you do that... but 15min should be plenty of time to take one down :)

I'm currently at Battlemaster combat rank, though I think I was Crusader till the last OFF mission.

Berserkenstein
x3tc

Post by Berserkenstein » Sun, 27. Jun 10, 13:45

I noticed that you don't have the Truelight Seeker listed among your assets. You get it as a reward during the Goner plot, it should be parked at the temple for you.
I'll see you on the other side!

chrishamm

Post by chrishamm » Sun, 27. Jun 10, 14:43

AusSkiller wrote:
You can, it's very easy... it just takes like 5min of non stop shooting to do it... of course you can't actually shoot at it non-stop though since you need to occasionally deal with the kha'ak that spawn in... and the shields on the station regen a bit while you do that... but 15min should be plenty of time to take one down :)

I'm currently at Battlemaster combat rank, though I think I was Crusader till the last OFF mission.

I have took out with about 80 specter missiles in a springblossom fitted with
shockwave cannons? any m2 with photons will work to preferably a boreas

chrishamm

Post by chrishamm » Sun, 27. Jun 10, 15:09

Berserkenstein wrote:I noticed that you don't have the Truelight Seeker listed among your assets. You get it as a reward during the Goner plot, it should be parked at the temple for you.
in case you are wonder the unfocused jump drive is a key part in other plots have you started the A NEW HOME PLOT yet if not save your credits you will need them :D

MasterOfThessus
x3ap

Post by MasterOfThessus » Sun, 27. Jun 10, 15:56

Berserkenstein wrote:I noticed that you don't have the Truelight Seeker listed among your assets. You get it as a reward during the Goner plot, it should be parked at the temple for you.
Sure, forgot to add that one :oops:

Anyway, seems like I can wait a bit longer on the OFF then, since you guys have higher rank and still manage to do it :)

So I'm out trying to board, I've been reading some guides in the forum, and I've found a Thresher defended by 4 M3's.

I've got some problems but my procedure is as follows:

1. Kill of the M3's
2. Send in my Vidar and M3's to attack shields.
3. Jump over to my TP
4. Possition a bit ahead and by the side of the Thresher, order marines to launch.

The problem is that eather A: they won't head out or B: They miss the ship completely :(

And is there any way to tell the shield-suppressing guys to not shoot while 0% shield? They are slowly eating away at the hull :(

Thanks for the answers so far guys, bear with me :)

Berserkenstein
x3tc

Post by Berserkenstein » Sun, 27. Jun 10, 16:23

Good luck with your efforts on boarding. The first few tries are incredibly rough. Its like trying to learn how to ride a bike while someone throws rocks at you. What you have to do is figure out where the marines hop out of the particular ship you are using, then position it so where the marines hop out is exactly where your target ship is. If they hop out far away from the target, you can try to position yourself so the target has to fly through the cloud of marines to get to you. Unfortunately that also puts your marines in the line of fire, but then again they don't call marines "bullet sponges" for nothing! 8)
I'll see you on the other side!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”