2.5 Station Defence Rep Repair Bugged in 2.7?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Xander Cade
x3tc

2.5 Station Defence Rep Repair Bugged in 2.7?

Post by Xander Cade » Thu, 1. Jul 10, 14:40

The 2.5 patch fixed the Station Defence missions so that stray shots don't result in a permanently red station, at the end of the mission the station turns blue and all is good. It seems that any loss of rep is also repaired.

The last time this happened for me was a couple of days ago while defending a station in Herron's Nebula. I lost Argon rank part way through the mission, shortly after the station turned red. At the end of the mission the station turned blue and I got promoted to Federation Marshall 48%. There was nothing bigger than an M4 in this mission (OK, there was an M8 but it killed itself with it's own Tomahawks).

The last three missions, however, have all resulted in permanently red stations. I've managed to hack one of them, but that's beside the point. I have also gotten a few Race police ships that either refuse to talk to me, or accept my apology but stay red.

This game was started with 2.7.1, so the 2.5 fix definitely still works, but I am wondering if it's occasionally bugged, or if there's another reason for it not to work every time.
"What he doesn't understand is that the Welsh are a subject people, put on Earth to do menial tasks for the English." - John Cleese

Xander Cade
x3tc

Post by Xander Cade » Fri, 2. Jul 10, 16:26

Nobody has had this happen? Surely I'm not the only one.
"What he doesn't understand is that the Welsh are a subject people, put on Earth to do menial tasks for the English." - John Cleese

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 2. Jul 10, 19:17

Haven't seen it myself. Of course, my hits on friendly stations are generally very light. It's possible if you hit it hard enough or often enough, they decide you really meant it and won't turn blue again. Is this a possibility?
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

canshow
x4

Post by canshow » Fri, 2. Jul 10, 19:42

I've had the same problem where stations go permanently red during-after a SD mission. Currently using the 2.7.1 version. But i load to the part before i accept the mission if it happens, because i can't afford a drop in rank, and some race cops hostile towards me.

But yeah, i've had the same issue as you Xander, about a couple of times.
[ external image ]
Stargate Junkie

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”