x-online

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Meezul

x-online

Post by Meezul » Sun, 11. Jul 10, 02:49

Whatever happened to the x-online project (online-universe.net)?

While the SP X games are sublime, I'm pretty sure everybody on these forums woul love to see x-online appear.

Aro
x4

Post by Aro » Sun, 11. Jul 10, 03:28

Probably still being worked on though not a high priority. Maybe TNBT is XOU?
[ external image ]
The end of a trilogy does not mean an end to a series.
| Vanilla with strawberries? [List of Vanilla safe mods.] | Tired of the plots? [Plot Skipper Tool v0.5] |
| X3: R & TC Minimaps |

Technojerk36
xr

Post by Technojerk36 » Sun, 11. Jul 10, 09:49

Can't be. They said they're done with X. TBNT could be an MMO/have online, but it won't be XOU.
My "for Dummies" guides: Trade Command Software Mk III | Advanced Satellites | X3: TC (Co-author: K-64) | SETA Repair
Xenon_Slayer wrote:maybe we'll have extreme weather pingpong at some point

Aro
x4

Post by Aro » Sun, 11. Jul 10, 09:59

The end of a trilogy does not mean an end to a series...

Technojerk36
xr

Post by Technojerk36 » Sun, 11. Jul 10, 10:05

Oh gawd. Not that again. But they did say they were done with X. And this was hardly a trilogy. Technically the third released game was X2 (if you count BTF as a game) or R.
My "for Dummies" guides: Trade Command Software Mk III | Advanced Satellites | X3: TC (Co-author: K-64) | SETA Repair

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Sun, 11. Jul 10, 10:09

Yeah except if they change their mind. We're done with X.

Doesn't mean the next game won't be in space. They are just done with this serie. Not a bad thing imho, they can start anew with a better storyline (not that i give a damn about the storyline, but some people do).
X3:TC/AP Pirate Guild 3 - Yaki Armada 2 - Anarkis Defense System

Anarkis Gaming HQ
Independent Game Development
X3 Scripting and Modding Station

Technojerk36
xr

Post by Technojerk36 » Sun, 11. Jul 10, 10:14

Well it's pretty much confirmed that it's going to be in space. It'd be crazy not to have it in space as their current fanbase is based around space games.

Aro
x4

Post by Aro » Sun, 11. Jul 10, 10:20

Hey, it's a trilogy in 5 parts!

Technojerk36
xr

Post by Technojerk36 » Sun, 11. Jul 10, 10:22

A pentlogy?

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 11. Jul 10, 10:38

X- Online :?:

NO :!: NO :!: NO :!:
For all the reasons listed in all the numerous threads since XBTF :!:

Although I do recall a Browser based x-game that someone tried to get going.

What happened to that? (genuine question)

Aro
x4

Post by Aro » Sun, 11. Jul 10, 10:51

More information may be available to L3 users.
Most likely L5+ know a lot more but are sworn to secrecy.

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Sun, 11. Jul 10, 11:09

L3 access isn't used to deliver such news (sadly).

It's not gonna be online, Egosoft hasn't enough money to begin with, it's not like X3TC was a blockbuster that made them super rich. So forget about XOU or whatever you want to call that :p

And I'm happy about it, i don't like online games. I want highly moddable customizable free form games.
X3:TC/AP Pirate Guild 3 - Yaki Armada 2 - Anarkis Defense System

Anarkis Gaming HQ
Independent Game Development
X3 Scripting and Modding Station

Technojerk36
xr

Post by Technojerk36 » Sun, 11. Jul 10, 11:20

You know, that'd be one of the first things I'd if I were rich. I'd buy out ES and give them all the funding they'd need for an awesome game! (Not MMO though, I too like free form games).

breytac
x4

Post by breytac » Sun, 11. Jul 10, 11:50

If you want an X style online game, try Eve Online. Just be aware that it will take you months, if not years, to fly the best ships in the game. Oh, and you may also need to play with others to experience all that Eve can offer.

Technojerk36
xr

Post by Technojerk36 » Mon, 12. Jul 10, 01:06

There are no 'best' ships but yes, it'd take ~2.5 years to fly a Titian. And you will need to play with other people to experience the really good things in EVE.

handzon
x3tc

Post by handzon » Mon, 12. Jul 10, 04:52

bit off base maybe... ive been a fan of x from early on i have the whole series. i also play other military sims strategy based games, certain games and their quality's come to mind.

silent hunter series.. now with num 4 and the immersion of being able to go into various compartments with crew members present. to see and interact crew persons on the bridge of your fav capital ship"

dangerous waters purely for the multiplayer aspect of manning the various ships stations

freelancer, and the ability to land on planets and to visit various stations

trusty old dawn of war (dark crusade for the map conquest ) the game mechanics, the point system now space is great but hell to battle it out on the surface of a planet and to truly claim a sector ........

eve online excellent for the role playing side of things though put me off with the long skills learning curve.

so for me x online while appealing is not on my list of wants. in some ways the freeform style of game we have and maybe a delve into some of the ideas mentioned above is what id like to see. (oh ps i fully understand as to why these thing`s are so hard to implement so save the lectures)
:wink:
Handzon c.e.o at SPARTRANS TRADING CO.
[ external image ]

Technojerk36
xr

Post by Technojerk36 » Mon, 12. Jul 10, 11:04

handzon wrote:trusty old dawn of war (dark crusade for the map conquest ) the game mechanics, the point system now space is great but hell to battle it out on the surface of a planet and to truly claim a sector ........

Another DoW fan! :D *highfive*

Meezul

Post by Meezul » Sat, 16. Oct 10, 00:18

I asked because this has been in existence for years now, and it seems to have gone nowhere - http://www.online-universe.net/44index.htm

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”