Firefly/Serenity ships

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

I got lost
xr

Firefly/Serenity ships

Post by I got lost » Sun, 11. Jul 10, 15:59

I have DeadlyDa's Serenity ship for x3, I installed it using the Plugin Manager and then added it in-game using the cheat scripts, but it doesn't show the ship. Scanners pick it up but the game doesn't display it. Any ideas what's going on?

MarkusXL
x3tc

Post by MarkusXL » Mon, 26. Jul 10, 17:12

Most likely a conflict with another XSP ship.

Remember, once you want to try out an XSP ship, you are immediately thrown into the World of Modding.

That means, you must make a backup folder with plain Vanilla X3. Then make a separate folder with non Vanilla X3, with your favorite scripts and mods.

Then, make TWO more folders, and export (decompress) into those each of the first two folders with Mod Manager.

Then you will be able to debug problems like this, using the X3 Editor.

Look for pathnames to objects, and Ship IDs that don't line up. Key files are TShips.txt, Components.txt, and 440001.xml, and the contents of the desired XSP ship stored in the \objects\ships\blahblah folders.

Your problem is solvable but be prepared for a lot of reading and experimentation, which is why you need backup folders.

You should never mix modding and playing in the same folder. You'll learn that when you try to load a saved game (that you put hours or months into building up) and it crashes.
This is my signature -

Current project: Get some Blake's 7 ships into X3:R and TC

That was my signature.

I got lost
xr

Post by I got lost » Mon, 26. Jul 10, 20:16

Sorry, I forgot to update this, I got it working again, I can't remember how possibly installing/uninstalling it or installing a new version of the ship.

I'll remember to backup my folders, I used a mod for X2 and it didn't end too well. Thanks for the help.

fergrim420
x3

Post by fergrim420 » Fri, 30. Jul 10, 20:02

is there really an Nvidia, California?

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”