[AL Plugin] Revelation, by Litcube - V 0.85b (Beta)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

unknown1
x4

Post by unknown1 » Mon, 8. Apr 13, 09:10

is this mod compatible with XRM (terran conflict)?

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Mon, 8. Apr 13, 20:28

No.

Alkeena
x4

Post by Alkeena » Tue, 28. May 13, 03:48

unknown1 wrote:is this mod compatible with XRM (terran conflict)?
It can be, just check my posts on page 11. This assumes of course that the TC-XRM map is the same as the AP-XRM map...which I think is true...?
Last edited by Alkeena on Tue, 28. May 13, 03:58, edited 1 time in total.

Alkeena
x4

Post by Alkeena » Tue, 28. May 13, 03:55

Litcube wrote:Alkeena, could I ask a big favour? Post yours?

My version of AP is so bastardized, I honestly and literally haven't a clue what is original and what isn't. It'd be a massive chore for me to do this.

If anyone has fixed this for AP, if you could post it so I can throw it in the OP, or e-mail it to me and I can post it.

emayo: jkossowan gmail
To be honest I don't have it anymore--I'm coming back after almost a year for 3.0 and am in the midst of updating and reconfiguring my x3 mods starting from scratch...However, getting revelations working in AP-XRM was not hard if I recall.

First, check my posts on page 11 of this thread, you should find a mediafire link. With that, and vanilla revelations in hand you can get it working in AP-XRM. Getting it to work in vanilla AP will require further adjustments to the map (I don't even know what the vanilla AP map looks like anymore). For the sake of simplicity, assuming you're also running XRM:

Install AP
Install XRM
Install Revelations
Install the patch map posted to page 11
Run the connecting script hosted on page 11

Start Revelations in game and you should be golden. The patch map on page 11 would probably have to have a few more sectors added in order to work with vanilla AP...I leave that as an exercise for the reader because honestly at this point I don't even know if I still have the map editor anymore...

Either way, thanks for your work Litcube--trying to get my chosen mods up and running again I see that you're responsible for a number of my favorites, thanks =D

Edit: Oh, I suppose you'll also have to modify the revelations cat a bit...give me a bit I'll see if I can get a vanilla AP version up and running...

Alkeena
x4

Post by Alkeena » Tue, 28. May 13, 08:48

I've altered Revelations to be compatible with AP 3.0 as well as XRM 1.29. As long as the northeast section of the maps in either vanilla AP or XRM aren't altered the modified revelations linked below should not be sensitive to future updates and should work indefinitely. It can also be installed into current savegames and does not require a restart.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/b635d ... b_APv2.zip

Install instructions:
1) Unzip the archive into your \x3 terran conflict\addon\ folder

2) rename the the cat/dat pair to so that it has the highest cat/dat numbering in the \addon\ folder. It must have a minimum of two digits. (for example: if you were installing into a vanilla AP install they should currently be renamed to 04.cat and 04.dat.

3) start or load a game.

4) enable the script editor
-change the player name to "Thereshallbewings" without quotes

5) run the script alkeena.revelations.gate.connect to connect the omega pipe to the rest of the universe (doing it this way rather than via map edit is what allows this to be installed into an ongoing save rather than requiring a restart)
-open your ships command console (shift-c)
-open the script editor (s)
-get to the script listing (enter twice)
-use the arrow keys to scroll down to the alkeena.revelations.gate.connect
-press r to run the script. Null input. It will ask you if you want the gates it adds to be revealed to you (if not you need to fly out and dsicover them the old fashioned way)

6) Go to game options, artificial life listing. Enable Revelations

7) Sit back and await the carnage....

I just tested this in both a vanilla AP install and XRM 1.29 and it works flawlessly. Expect to lose the first sector in the pipe to the omega virus within about 7-8 hours of activation (in a vanilla AP game). Please note that the length of the Omega pipe was reduced from 12 sectors to 7 sectors, so you have roughly 2 days before the omega virus will escape the omega pipe (which is massively better defended than most sectors) and really start to wreck things.

Modifications made to Litcubes revelations 0.85b:
*omega pipe map altered (shortened/redirected) to conform with AP3.0/XRM 1.29 maps
*8385-L044.xml t-file altered to mirror the changes to the map
*changed the file structure of the cat/dat pair to conform with X3AP standards
*alkeena.revelations.gate.connect added to \scripts\ to link the pipe with the main x-universe.
Last edited by Alkeena on Tue, 28. May 13, 17:54, edited 2 times in total.

EterniaLogic
x4

Post by EterniaLogic » Tue, 28. May 13, 13:06

Looks amazing man, good job!

@Alkeena - I'm about to use your patch :D

I had to make a custom patch myself based off of your code because yours did not show up in the script editor.

I can't wait to get my very expensive military up to that sector!
This should make the game even more interesting alongside Phanon Corp.
Because I can, I'm here to disturb your mind.

Alkeena
x4

Post by Alkeena » Tue, 28. May 13, 17:50

EterniaLogic wrote:Looks amazing man, good job!

@Alkeena - I'm about to use your patch :D

I had to make a custom patch myself based off of your code because yours did not show up in the script editor.

I can't wait to get my very expensive military up to that sector!
This should make the game even more interesting alongside Phanon Corp.
Oops, I changed the script filename without altering the attendant handler inside the script, causing it to not show up in the script editor. Sorry about that.

I've updated the link above with a new archive that should be fixed. Here you go: http://www.mediafire.com/download/b635d ... b_APv2.zip

Bejla
x3ap

Post by Bejla » Sun, 1. Sep 13, 13:50

Nice Mod.

But i have a litte problem.
I have some readtext error on some races.
Could you or somebody else helps me to include the missing races?

As far as i see, i have to include the Factions into the t-file.
But where should i change the script?

Bejla
x3ap

Post by Bejla » Mon, 2. Sep 13, 14:33

Ok, i find some stuff, but this all is very buggy.
It is not only the Missing Race Text, some races are complededly missing.

Like, after i recaptured a Terran Sektor, there spawn only TLs. No Military of that Race, like the Split or Argon do.

There is much more to do, to fix all that little bugs.

Bejla
x3ap

Post by Bejla » Mon, 9. Sep 13, 11:42

Now i have fixed nearly everything that was confusing for me and it looks good so far.
No readtext errors, no Tls only Volunteers from the missing races and stuff like that.

But i have still a little problem.
I play with AP, XRM and MBRR. And it seems the Xenon are too weak.
They have much problems to cliam some sectors.

As far as i see, the Xenon starts his attack if the Xenon Station have a warecount of 8000 of all three wares. Then i get the attack message and the Xenon attack the new sector, every thing works fine so far.
But sometimes they fight and fight and cant destroy everything.
If i take a look into the Xenon Station, i see they are 100% full (40,000 of all wares) but they still cant claim the next sektor.

Did anybody have an idea if AP, XRM or MBRR are having stonger ships as the Xenon?

Or did anybody have an idea to make the Xenon more aggresiv?
The money is there, they could send some more ships.

Ferenczy66
x3tc

Post by Ferenczy66 » Mon, 27. Jan 14, 21:09

I see you made a patch for XRM...

my question is, does that incllude the "xrm advanced' universe" module; in which jump gates have been altered?

Boringnick
x3tc

Post by Boringnick » Mon, 3. Feb 14, 23:21

Is the download on the first page of this thread the TC or AP version? I have read the last pages of this thread, and I am not sure whether Litcube has converted it to AP and changed the download link.

SirDeathwalker
x4

Post by SirDeathwalker » Fri, 18. Jul 14, 19:35

Looks interesting....

between this and Phanon, things could indeed be interesting.....

-though I already figured out how to 'contain' Phanon, (large numbers of laser towers blockading their gate does keep them from expanding until they kill enough of the towers) I suspect a similar strategy would be effective against the OCV, (if slightly less effective due to the larger numbers of combat vessels involved)

it should prove interesting (OCV vs Ring of Fire vs DCS vs Kha'aak invasions 2* vs Yaki Armada, makes me consider race relations just so they have a chance of holding their own in the coming firestorm)... now I just need a rig capable of recording video in sector during the furball the above combination could produce.

* I assigned the shadow vessels from Babylon 5 the the swarm.... shadow battlecrabs are nothing the sneeze at and they look pretty cool as they lay waste to the sector.

though, just shoving small groups of laser towers out the cargo hold around the sector in random places, is occasionally fun to watch, but does get expensive

Reisser
x4

Post by Reisser » Fri, 1. Aug 14, 12:24

I've translated (into german) installed the AP-Version by Alkeena, now it works fine (after first problems with connecting the pipe to the rest of the universe) and have some questions:

- there are only 7 new sectors instead of 12 - why? Are vanilla AP-sectors blocking the 5 missing new sectors?? With only 7 sectors the virus will be much sooner in the known galaxis ... does the script also works (warnings, etc) with sectors of the rest of the universe?

- the fakepatch also changes the vanilla-map to a "flat/square"-one. Is this necassary with the new secors?? Or can i deinstall them?

- how can i made Alkeenas script "alkeena.revelations.gate.connect" self-started ... for later games or other players it would be easier only to install this script without working in the editor :P

- is this script compatible with other scripts / mods which expands the map??? I think of Lost Colony Expansion for example: (in the case these mods don't add sectors at the same place as Revelation does)

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... highlight=

Aidyer
x3tc

Post by Aidyer » Fri, 1. Aug 14, 17:59

Looks great, but does this require a game restart?

Reisser
x4

Post by Reisser » Sat, 2. Aug 14, 11:18

No - you can start it with any gamesave.

SirDeathwalker
x4

Post by SirDeathwalker » Sat, 2. Aug 14, 18:45

that is a whole lot of ships they start with when you activate the Revelations in the Artificial life settings..... a whole lot of ships....

wow...

the fireworks when Revelations meets Ring of Fire was pretty spectacular, (ring of fire, which was not that extensive, did lose, but it took a lot with it, should slow Virus down a little)

-wonder what the fireworks will look like when the OCV meets the Ring of fire, the DCS v1.x and ADS enabled rapid response fleets?
Spoiler
Show
Warning, the fighters will exceed 450m/s, so not your garden variety
Xenon, definitely a tougher breed of xenon, pun intended
Edit: after the first experiment with the Ring of Fire vs the OCV, the same tactic* that contains Phaenon Corp will be somewhat less effective in containment, but does look like it should slow them down significantly long term.

*multiple concentric rings of towers out to 8k to 10k (each ring 1k to 2k apart) in a plane facing the gate around 8-10 k in front of the gate, a little over 100 lasertowers all told, though it takes a bit to gather that many, (several laser tower factories might be a good Idea if you plan to use this tactic)
Last edited by SirDeathwalker on Sat, 2. Aug 14, 19:38, edited 1 time in total.

SirDeathwalker
x4

Post by SirDeathwalker » Sat, 2. Aug 14, 19:03

Reisser wrote: - the fakepatch also changes the vanilla-map to a "flat/square"-one. Is this necassary with the new secors?? Or can i deinstall them?

- how can i made Alkeenas script "alkeena.revelations.gate.connect" self-started ... for later games or other players it would be easier only to install this script without working in the editor :P
there is a bit about that in the original post (a alternate set of CAT/DAT files that keep the universe from "flattening"

the script adds, puts in the sectors, but will not trigger the OCV until you turn it on in the Artificial Life settings, allowing you to install it, run through any plots you want to complete, build up your empire to the desired level, and then activate the OCV, causing it to start at that point in the designated sector. I suspect you may be able to disable it the same way after activation if it turns out you weren't quite ready to take on the Virus yet.

OCV seems to be partly inspired by the Traveller New Era Virus, (infect all computers and kill all life forms) with shades of the Necromonger's "kill or convert all the Universe", at least that is how I see it, though I could be mistaken since I cannot know Litcubes thought processes.

fiby
x4

Post by fiby » Sun, 3. Aug 14, 14:35

Is this mod included in the base download and update

SirDeathwalker
x4

Post by SirDeathwalker » Sun, 3. Aug 14, 18:26

fiby wrote:Is this mod included in the base download and update
no, the original download will flatten the map.

it is a separate download, (read first post, towards the top) replace the two installed in the mod with the two in the separate download in to the game folder after installing the mod,

note it can be done after seeing the flattened map

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”