[TC] The Yaki trick, and an unusual occurence

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Bill Huntington
x3tc

The Yaki trick, and an unusual occurence

Post by Bill Huntington » Mon, 12. Jul 10, 10:24

One of my favorite things in TC is to steal a ship I want with a Return Ship mission. There is the Xenon trick, but the Yaki trick is even better. If you can get the ship to the Yaki shipyard, the police come and hang around and get eaten by the Yaki. You can be doing other things while your stolen ship is safely in a big shipyard, as the police get eaten.

Once I parked a ship in a Yaki station other than the shipyard. And the police just blew it up, Yaki station and my ship! So if there isn’t enough time to get to the shipyard, just jump from one end of Senator Badland to other. The police run right through the Yaki when they come after you. This saves energy cells, and goes much faster than the multi-sector Xenon operation. And you can watch it. You have to place your satellites carefully with the Yaki and pirates. They don’t like satellite coverage of their stations and will blow them up.

I had an unusual Yaki trick occurrence. I had just stolen a Thresher, and then got two Cobras. I had a Viper in there already. The second Cobra was granted docking, showed a Docking command, but didn’t dock. It was in the outline of the shipyard, but just hung there. The police just hung close but didn’t attack. And the Yaki didn’t attack them. ??? I figured later that the ship limit was reached.

This lasted a long time. When I had a chance, I jumped in, and jumped the docking Cobra to me. When the police followed, they got eaten. While those police ships were hanging there, an Argon police Centaur turned blue, while the Argon Novas stayed red. (I have never seen that before.) The Yaki still ate him, but he didn’t attack me.

Another advantage, if you want to use it, is the shipyard itself. If you didn’t have time to repair damage, you can do it in the shipyard. I usually stop in Ianamus Equipment Dock on the way, to get software, shields, and engine tuning.

The Yaki trick, even better than the Xenon trick!

Good Hunting!
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

bung_dorji
x4

Post by bung_dorji » Mon, 12. Jul 10, 11:08

es race nemesis affect too ?

I mean if i stole argon ship and then fly to the paranid (because both of them were enemies to each other) did the paranid armies blow the argon ship ? or Borron and split, because if this affect then i rather go to that sector than go to Xenon or yaki which in the corner sector
It is hard to live since the xenon and kha'ak patrol recentrly

garv222

Post by garv222 » Mon, 12. Jul 10, 11:26

I forgot who posted it and the details, but I like the Unfocused jump drive trick better. Grab the ship go to a random sector via unfocused jump and then get out when the police come after you, leaving them in GoD knows where.
Duke's Buccaneers... I hate you so much... I am sooo demolishing your HQ when our business is finished....

Rive
x3tc

Post by Rive » Mon, 12. Jul 10, 12:55

garv222 wrote:I forgot who posted it and the details, but I like the Unfocused jump drive trick better. Grab the ship go to a random sector via unfocused jump and then get out when the police come after you, leaving them in GoD knows where.
Let's call that
'Goner Trick' :)

NewtSoup
x4

Post by NewtSoup » Mon, 12. Jul 10, 19:43

Stealing ships from "retrieve the ship" missions -

For an M7 M1 M2 TL class ship I assume the mission can only come from an equipment dock or shipyard?
I am a rock in the wind, watch how I plummet!
Gamer Girl since 1981 Mistress of Heavy Landings since 1984 (BBC-B Elite)

Corei7 7700, 16GB Ram, MSI RX6700XT, Sidewinder FFB2, Kubuntu 22.04

Madw0lf
x3

Post by Madw0lf » Mon, 12. Jul 10, 20:09

Luke Skyscraper wrote:Stealing ships from "retrieve the ship" missions -

For an M7 M1 M2 TL class ship I assume the mission can only come from an equipment dock or shipyard?
Nope, they can come from Cahoona bakeries etc as well. Just if you return the ship, it gets within some range of the station. (What the range is IDK, seeing as Ive never actually returned any of the (3 or 4) If found. :twisted:

StarTroll
x4

Post by StarTroll » Mon, 12. Jul 10, 20:33

From what I read, When returning a capital ship to those stations, the ship stays in space for a bit before disappearing. That way you can return the ship (money + rep) and steal it once you returned it, the police will stil come after you as always.
SCUM : They may exceed you in number, but not in value.

NewtSoup
x4

Post by NewtSoup » Mon, 12. Jul 10, 21:40

Thanks Madwolf and Startroll,

I just got a mission to retrieve an M6 Heavy Hydra so I thought I'd test the method :)

I'm now the proud owner of an M6 Heavy Hydra.

I'm going to look for more of these and hope for a TL or an M7M with which I can steal a TL. :twisted:
I am a rock in the wind, watch how I plummet!
Gamer Girl since 1981 Mistress of Heavy Landings since 1984 (BBC-B Elite)

Corei7 7700, 16GB Ram, MSI RX6700XT, Sidewinder FFB2, Kubuntu 22.04

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 12. Jul 10, 21:48

You will not get TL's, M1's or M2's in these missions. The best you'll get are M7's and M7M's.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Mon, 12. Jul 10, 23:17

there is also a BUG,

i tried to start claiming some police force so i can use it to patrol my own sectors, even when captured the ship will keep the police prefix (for bettys sake)

however any police ship captured will poof, without warnings, or anything logged,

and yes i put that ship in the anh sector with other unnarmed captures i had, and that was the only one that dissapeared.
X gamer , one at a time.

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Tue, 13. Jul 10, 04:05

Now, did somebody try to park the ship on Torus? :) I think it should be possible time-wise if the ship is a fighter and if you can park it on something like a Hyperion and turbo-boost your way there? This can result in some firefight :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”