Anyone got a mod that 'fixes' Kyon beam performance?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

RoboMook
x3tc

Anyone got a mod that 'fixes' Kyon beam performance?

Post by RoboMook » Mon, 19. Jul 10, 18:33

Hi all, my first post here but I have been lingering about for the last few weeks since I bought the game, and it's been a lot of help :)

It seems I'm not the only one who has issues with massive FPS drop whenever Khaak clusters start firing, and I've seen it suggested that modifying the weapon type should fix the issue (eg turning them into fast-firing lasers instead of beam weapons). My question is: Has anyone already done this? I did try a 'weapon performance' mod but unfortunately it affected everything but the Khaak beams.

If not I'll have to give it a go myself, so any pointers on exactly how I would go about it would be appreciated (I know nothing about modding X3, but I have modded other games to varying degrees).

Many thanks in advance!

Steel_back
x3tc

Post by Steel_back » Wed, 21. Dec 11, 22:24

heyho mods, this is pretty technical. but anyway, bump it, ive had it since TC.

and cmon, a GTX 560 TI + i5 2500K SHOULD do.....
i5 2500K
GTX 560 TI
Win7 Px64
4GB RAM
Osiris454 wrote:I think I'll have it exit the east gate of Kingdom end and let it go barreling into the planet like some huge kamikaze Goner torpedo.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Wed, 21. Dec 11, 23:03

The Combat Mod 4 and the XRM both fix the beam fps issue.

The problem is the vanilla khaak are using an old X2 model which doesn't play nice in X3.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”